• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room upgrades

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Did an overnight at Majestic Sun and had to get 2 one br unit's since no 2 br unit's were available when booking, points needed were discounted and I had leftover points. Tried to upgrade, with no availability. Asked at the desk, none available. Parking lot was a ghost town. I'm thinking wth??

Now at Bonnet Creek. In a 3 br, with no 4 br presidential upgrades available. We are on the 7th floor, building one. Several 4 br unit's are open for viewing and we walked thru, checking it out. No upgrades available, put the parking lot here is also pretty empty, and the hour was after 10 p.m.

Wondering if I'm on a do not upgrade list because of resale points???

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Most likely as today is FRIDAY, that those units will be occupied tonight.

Plus, there may be a block "held" as some units are being upgraded at BC.

Plus, the Northeast from the Carolinas to Maine has some BIG TIME weather event hitting. Hurricane level ... that might be keeping some people at home AND they don't know to call Owner Care to get their points back (but at the end of the use year ... or with a FRIDAY checkin, they might just show up on Sunday).

As for the several "models" ... sales is "paying" the points for using them as models ... :ignore:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if I'm on a do not upgrade list because of resale points???

You mentioned resell, unless you also bought developer sales weasel points from Wyndham up to a VIP level you won't be able to upgrade.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes that's true. For example, I went from booking a 1 bdrm at Wyndham smokey mountains, to a 2 bdrm in the great smokey mountain Lodge, AND then got a 50% discount on a pool side unit. Saved 110,000 points, which were all pooled points. Like a free vacation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Yep. Bought a small point contract to get started, bonus pts got me to silver, been adding resale since. Account still showing VIP at check in at Bonnet creèk.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. Bought a small point contract to get started, bonus pts got me to silver, been adding resale since. Account still showing VIP at check in at Bonnet creèk.

When you sign into the ONLINE account, does it say, "welcome VIP member"?

As for BC .. you might have made that reservation WHILE or with your bonus points had you at a VIP level.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you use both your small contract and bonus point to book bonnet Creek? If you did, that's the problem. Also that resort is popular. If you even got the booking through the points discount window, you did very well, congrats on that. Mine was off season, so availability at smoky mountains was an easy call. And upgrade in 60 day window was done with regular use points. Also, you cannot book at the resort has to be done on line, or by phone with a vacation councilor (VC).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
My log in says "welcome VIP silver". Booked it Bonnet Creek last December using remaining bonus points for the reservation. The 4 br's looked like they were set up as display unit's so probably Wyndham sales locked them in like Linda said.

Booked Majestic in a 30.day discounted window. With the parking lot so empty, there should have been an upgrade possibility there. I wasn't planning for or needing an upgrade, was just testing the water's. Guess it.was too shallow!