• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rolling laptop case

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
With the new luggage fees, I'm trying to get organized to go just with carryons when necessary. I tried it one way this weekend and hated it.

Even though I've got an attic full of luggage, I couldn't find a combination that I liked. The biggest carryon legal suitcase I have is a duffle, but since I fly little planes a lot, I seldom actually get to carry my carryon onto the plane. (Which makes the whole issue even stupider.) By the time I got to my destination, everything was a jumbled mess in the bag.

I've always taken a large laptop bag as my carryon, but I think it's too big to be called a personal item. So I used a rolling backpack that didn't roll well and generally irritated me.

So the question (finally) .... does anyone have a smallish laptop bag to recommend that is reasonably priced. I want it to be big enough to squish my purse into. I found one at LLBean that I liked, but I wasn't sure my purse would fit. I also found a couple on eBags I liked pretty well. I checked two stores today with no luck.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sheila

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Found a rolling computer case at Kohls $89; was also a discount store where the Kohls stuff seems to go. In the luggage, midprice stuff.

I have an older, heavier and battery laptop - I got it for free, if that gives you a hint. Came with the wireless card,too.

Has a couple of zipper sections, velco tabs to cellphone pouch, computer strap, key latch, clothing section (smallish, but I have a thick, older laptop.).

What I really like is the wheel/rolling ability - it is great. My nephew flew with me and brought an over the shoulder duffiel bag - with a lot of stuff. TOO much and too heavy for walking 6-10 blocks. I lent him my computer wheelie, had his duffiel ride on it and it stayed ==>he had NO problem handling it for the 6 remainding blocks to the airport.

I can easily handle both rollies running in left and right hands or putting the computer one of top of the suitcase using its backloop.

Ricardo is the brand name and I too got discounts off the $89.

Last edited:

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I've never noticed one at Kohls. Will have to go back and look closer. I even have a 15% off coupon if it hasn't expired. I stopped shopping there because they once too many times wouldn't live up to their newspaper ad, but I might make an exception.

Thanks,

Sheila

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter got her really nice rolling laptop case at Kohl's also. It was on sale for half price plus we had a discount coupon so it only ended up costing about $60. She loves it!

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Went at lunch and found one at Kohls that would probably work 50% off and also had a 15% off coupon. Naturally, I found the same thing online for cheaper. Was still going to keep it, but the next day Kohls advertised it 60% off instead of 50%. I didn't want to drive to town on my day off and no longer had a 15% off coupon, so it irritated me. I think I'll just return it.

It was just a regular tote anyway. Maybe I'll find a good deal on a real laptop bag somewhere. There were lots of options online.

Sheila

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was or is it the "Ricardo" line? That is the one I end up with. I had 2-3 months earlier brought a computer bad which was a carry over the shoulder - except my "free" laptop was to heavy for me to LUG around the airport.

Anybody besides me have/had the original Compaq "Lugable"? Mine still runs, LOL.

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
US Luggage

My rolling laptop case is made by US Luggage. My husband bought it for me, I have no idea where. I've used it as carry-on for a couple of trips. It can fit under the seat in front of me if I pack carefully enough. I roll my clothes, rather than fold and that seems to make more room in the case. It's not perfect, but it's not terrible.

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out the Ricardo line at ebags.com . My husband bought me a bright red rolling one that is designed to meet the underseat requirements. Plus, be sure to check coupons. I get one every couple of weeks.:D

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was or is it the "Ricardo" line?

It is a Ricardo. Ebags had it cheaper. I'm taking it back.

I ordered one that looks similar from LL Bean. It was about double the price of the Ricardo, but I had some coupons from using their credit card. I also know they will give me a refund or replace it if I'm ever dissatisfied. Their guarantee is awesome.

It arrived today, but I'm in Oklahoma, so haven't seen it yet.

Sheila