• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is passing at the Maui Ocean Club? My BIL is looking into purchasing on Maui and I have seen a few on eBay. He is looking at the 1 bedroom M/G view every other year.
TIA

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Recent comments suggest that everything is passing ROFR these days, and that Marriott is saving its cash and not adding to its existing inventory. I don't recall seeing if MOC is any different, though I suspect it is not because they still have a fair amount of Napili inventory.

Good luck to your brother-in-law!

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Just because they sell on Ebay doesn't mean they will pass ROFR, though as GregT stated Marriott has pulled back on exercising ROFR.

Check out the ROFR database that one of the TUG members created, as a reference for people. You can then post your BIL's results there if you're willing to share. good luck!!

http://dioxide45.tripod.com/cgi-bin/rofr.cgi

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I can't access the link right now....anyone else have any luck?

It appears that the CGI scripts are not running. Must be a problem with Tripod. Not the first time and likely not the last. I back up the data regularly, so if anything catastrophic happens most of the listings can be restored.

jasfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
With all of the discussion of Marriott going to a point system, it is clear why they stopped exercising ROFR. I expect these two issues are directly related. By stopping ROFR, they are preparing to build value in the point system ownership, and reduce value in the real estate deeded ownerships.

TSResalez

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is passing at the Maui Ocean Club? My BIL is looking into purchasing on Maui and I have seen a few on eBay. He is looking at the 1 bedroom M/G view every other year.
TIA

You can be safe at any price these days. Less than 7k would be easy to find on the internet these days. Don't expect Marriott to step in as they have no interest in using ROFR very much these days. There have been very low prices getting through especially for one bedrooms.:eek: Thats probably another reason prices are tumbling.