• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rocky Mountain National Park

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm thinking about trying to piggy-back a few days on the front end of a business trip to Denver over the July 4th holiday weekend. I would love to try to get into the Worldmark in Estes Park for 3-4 nights, but as a Wyndham points owner, I'm not finding any availability.

Any suggestions on lodging in the area?

Thanks,
Von

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've never been there, and have no idea about other accommodations.

The WM Estes Park may be tricky. I just checked, and there is little availability at that resort over that timeframe. Can you do your own waitlist request? If not, you may be able to have a WM owner waitlist the days you need, then rent from them if it comes through.

Good luck!
Dave

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've never been there, and have no idea about other accommodations.

The WM Estes Park may be tricky. I just checked, and there is little availability at that resort over that timeframe. Can you do your own waitlist request? If not, you may be able to have a WM owner waitlist the days you need, then rent from them if it comes through.

Good luck!
Dave

Good info to have. I will dig deeper into waitlist procedures, etc. Thanks much Dave! Von

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Turns out, I can call into Wyndham and pay a $99 fee (like an exchange fee) for access to the Worldmark inventory! I was going to book this morning but found out Actually I responded too quickly. Apparently the "Club Pass" agent yesterday didn't know what she was talking about, as I cannot book for more points than I own until 90 days out . . . so I can't reasonably use my points at this point in time for WorldMark Estes Park. :(

So I'm back to square one right now.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We rented at Rams Horn right at the entrance. It was wonderful. You have your own luxury cabin.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If you don’t find something that works, ask on the WorldMark forum if someone can help you with a waitlist request. I don’t have enough credits to do it, but there are a number of Tuggers who should be able to help you out.

Dave

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Does it have to be on the east side? Might you consider Granby (on the west side)?

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE:

On Monday we learned what we thought was "just a thermostat issue" was actually a blown head casket on our 16 year old Pontiac Montana. Unfortunately with 180k miles, it is beyond a reasonable repair, so we had to junk it. With being down to just one car and looking at another car note in our future, my vacation plans for June at RMNP are on indefinite hold.

I appreciate the thoughtful suggestions and private messages received. I'll just have to wait and see as to whether or not I can afford to make an extended personal vacation out of my work trip prior to the July 4th holiday weekend.

Happy Holidays to everyone in our TUG Family!
79911993_10216249892780987_6467168678356975616_n.jpg

Our van was my "go to" vehicle for my road trips west to Yellowstone and other US National Parks around the country.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sorry about the van, Von. Head gaskets can be tricky, and often lead to more costly repairs. Hope you can find something newer and better for your needs.

Dave

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well our one car family experiment only lasted about 2 weeks. Earlier this month we picked up this beauty! I am looking forward to road tripping and car camping with it in the future!ST Van.jpg

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Final decisions made & booked . . . gave up on the timeshare route and booked at Grand Lake. Found a nice condo rental that will meet my needs and away from the hub-bub of Estes Park on a holiday week.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions & feedback.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well . . . I DID this trip! It was awesome to be in Colorado and the lodge I had booked in Grand Lake, CO was perfect. I ended up road tripping from Milwaukee, taking in sights through Nebraska on my way out to Colorado, with a short breeze through Grand Teton & Yellowstone NPs plus the Badlands in SD. Having driven through Granby a couple of times, I'm glad we were where we were . . . the Historic Rapids Lodge in Grand Lake was PERFECT!

My sister and her family ended up road tripping out to meet me there and booked the lockoff side of the cabin/condo I had previously booked back at the beginning of the year.

We really enjoyed our time together.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Well . . . I DID this trip! It was awesome to be in Colorado and the lodge I had booked in Grand Lake, CO was perfect. I ended up road tripping from Milwaukee, taking in sights through Nebraska on my way out to Colorado, with a short breeze through Grand Teton & Yellowstone NPs plus the Badlands in SD. Having driven through Granby a couple of times, I'm glad we were where we were . . . the Historic Rapids Lodge in Grand Lake was PERFECT!

My sister and her family ended up road tripping out to meet me there and booked the lockoff side of the cabin/condo I had previously booked back at the beginning of the year.

We really enjoyed our time together.
Our DD and DSiL enjoyed the reservation at Historic Crags Lodge in Estes Park that we booked last year with much excitement and anticipation. We enjoyed their trip via their photos. Oh well, maybe another time for us.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I stayed in Granby last summer, and had a *fantastic* week hiking RMNP. Definitely not as scenic as Grand Lake, but was probably less expensive. ;-)

I hadn't thought about road-tripping it from here though. That's a very interesting idea...

Not sure how much Granby lodging was, but I paid $110/night for a studio type lock-off unit at the Historic Rapids Lodge. It slept 4 and had a private bathroom w/ shower plus small refrig and microwave. My sister & her family rented the other side of the lockoff which was the living space of the full condo/cabin. It slept 4 also (murphy wall bed + sleeper sofa) and had full kitchen with regular size refrigerator and bathroom/shower too. They paid $140/night. There was a cleaning fee added per say ($30 for my side and $50 for theirs I believe). It was very well worth it . . . with great views and the sound of the rushing rapids right outside their side of the unit. WE LOVED IT!