• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Riviera Beach

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here at Oceana Palms this week, then onto Ocean Pointe next week. We were placed in the first Ocean View unit in the Sunrise bldg. Shocked that we got in here, since we are not owners here. We stayed in the Sunset bldg last year. As you all say, there is no bad view here. They recently renovated the Sunrise bldg to match the Sunset. All very nice! We were thinking of staying longer in Hilton Head next year, but after coming down into these warmer temps, there's no way! Still stopping off for another week in HH the End of Feb. We continue to love it there! Glad to use Marriott to escape those Va. Snowstorms!:whoopie:

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attended the Owner's reception this eve. here at Oceana Palms. The manager said that the empty lot next door has been purchased and a wellness spa will be built there. He said there will be 3 restaurants going in there as well and Marriott owners will get a discount. When asked about blocking the ocean views, he stated that the buildings will be built diagonally, so as not to obstruct our views as much. I can't help but think that it will be the Sunset building that will suffer.

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here at Oceana Palms this week, then onto Ocean Pointe next week. We were placed in the first Ocean View unit in the Sunrise bldg. Shocked that we got in here, since we are not owners here. We stayed in the Sunset bldg last year. As you all say, there is no bad view here. They recently renovated the Sunrise bldg to match the Sunset. All very nice! We were thinking of staying longer in Hilton Head next year, but after coming down into these warmer temps, there's no way! Still stopping off for another week in HH the End of Feb. We continue to love it there! Glad to use Marriott to escape those Va. Snowstorms!:whoopie:

Just came to Hilton Head from Ocean Pointe, went on a Marketing Meeting at Ocean Palms, which is much nicer than Ocean Pointe, as you will know the decor, furniture and fittings at Palms are wonderful, even though Pointe has recently been refurbished, Palms IMO is better. From there we travelled to HH and left Surf Watch today and now staying at the Marriott Spa Hotel. The weather is not so nice up here, but still better than the UK.. We would definitely go back to Ocean Palms and have been to HH for the last 3 years so will be on our way back next year. HH this time of year is quite quite, not as warm as we would like but hey vacation is vacaiotn

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attended the Owner's reception this eve. here at Oceana Palms. The manager said that the empty lot next door has been purchased and a wellness spa will be built there. He said there will be 3 restaurants going in there as well and Marriott owners will get a discount. When asked about blocking the ocean views, he stated that the buildings will be built diagonally, so as not to obstruct our views as much. I can't help but think that it will be the Sunset building that will suffer.

Interesting info. Either the GM is full of it or the sale just happened as it has not been yet recorded by the county. Also, the owner of the parcel took out a $2M loan on said land just last year....
I personally wouldn't mind it being developed. The Sunrise tower views will suffer for sure to some degree.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Anytime someone talks about future land development, especially on Singer Island, it's never a sure thing until they actually begin the construction process. Many announce plans only to have them shot down by the City Council. Marriott, if I recall correctly, had several issues getting Oceana Palms built. The Oceans Mall down by Ocean Pointe at one time was suppose to become a high rise hotel with a shopping mall but was shot down by the City Council over concerns about public parking for the beach.

I'd welcome a wellness spa on that land vs another hotel or high rise condo project. It seems to me it would likely be a low rise building with minimal impact of views. Somehow I don't see a wellness spa as being something that would be a profitable venture on that piece of land. Of course I've been wrong before.

The Sunrise building will always be at risk for something blocking it's views simply by it's location and the fact land is always redeveloped. There's never any guarantee of a view unless the land in front of that view can't be developed or redeveloped. In Vegas we once owned weeks at Polo Towers. Over time MGM built high rise hotel condo's behind it blocking the view of the valley and mountains to the east. There was also a deal in place to sell out the right of way in front of the building, which would have blocked the view of the strip for all owners. Fortunately there was an economic downturn and that deal died. However, it pointed out that views are never guaranteed unless there is no way something can be built that blocks a view, such as being the building right on the edge of the ocean.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting info. Either the GM is full of it or the sale just happened as it has not been yet recorded by the county. Also, the owner of the parcel took out a $2M loan on said land just last year....
I personally wouldn't mind it being developed. The Sunrise tower views will suffer for sure to some degree.

Perhaps it is the current owner and not a new sale but it's coming. It is The Wellness Resort and Spa complex. The link below shows exactly what is going in that spot.

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/singer-island-beachfront-high-rises-back-on-track-/nndDh/

That "beautiful" pic makes it look like a private island. Obviously the Tiara is on one side and the taller Oceana Palms is on the other. It is going to make the lower south facing units no longer have a great view. That no bad view was never going to last forever.

Also keep in mind that Tiara complained about the blocked Northern view so they moved the proposed towers further North which means more blockage for Oceana Palms. Full time condo owners have a stronger voice than a timeshare but I wonder if Oceana Palms made any attempts. Perhaps it was a trade off for discounts and benefits to timeshare owners.

Last edited:

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the link - interesting read.
One other thing that the Tiara condo has it going for them is the 150ft strip of the conservation easement that cannot be build on. This pushes the massive building(s) even closer to the Oceana Palms property. I wonder how this project develops....

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was there in November, the GM gave a comprehensive description of the plans during the owner reception. I appreciate his honesty and openness. This new complex will actually occupy two adjacent lots. There will be two separate buildings (20 stories) set up angularly so the views won't be impacted as bad as they could be. The new complex's owners worked closely with MVC and others in the area to make the best of the situation.

He drew a diagram of the buildings to show how they will be set up. Ocean views from the South of sunrise building will still be pretty good, but the inlet view will be impacted (I doubt we will be able to see the cruise ship departures or sunset). The sunset building will no longer have as good ocean views, but the inlet/sunset view shouldn't be impacted. Those who prefer South views may want to reconsider in the future after the project is completed. Those who have never stayed there before will still likely be very happy with the views since they are better than most other MVC domestic ocean properties.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was there in November, the GM gave a comprehensive description of the plans during the owner reception. I appreciate his honesty and openness. This new complex will actually occupy two adjacent lots. There will be two separate buildings (8 stories I think) set up angularly so the views won't be impacted as bad as they could be. The new complex's owners worked closely with MVC and others in the area to make the best of the situation.

He drew a diagram of the buildings to show how they will be set up. Ocean views from the South of sunrise building will still be pretty good, but the inlet view will be impacted (I doubt we will be able to see the cruise ship departures or sunset). The sunset building will no longer have as good ocean views, but the inlet/sunset view shouldn't be impacted. Those who prefer South views may want to reconsider in the future after the project is completed. Those who have never stayed there before will still likely be very happy with the views since they are better than most other MVC domestic ocean properties.

Did you look at the link? The buildings are 20 stories each. The lot or lots is the same size as the Tiara, which is double the size of the Oceana Palms property. I think it's really one lot. The parking along the frontage is all part of the same property.

Last edited:

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you go on Zillow.com you will see the property line. It is maybe a tad wider then Oceana but basically the same size. The long narrow strip is the easement I mentioned previously.
I agree, the rendering in the article does not show angularly placed buildings, just one giant box. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you look at the link? The buildings are 20 stories each. The lot or lots is the same size as the Tiara, which is double the size of the Oceana Palms property. I think it's really one lot. The parking along the frontage is all part of the same property.

The picture on the link is definitely a lot different from what the GM described. It was published in September and the GM's comments seemed to indicate the design approval occurred later than that. The buildings are 20 stories (I went back and checked my notes). The pictures on the link are definitely not realistic because there is no way the buildings can be that close to the beach. The angular design would have much less impact to the views from the sunrise building, and I trust what the GM told me, unless things have changed.

I had hoped that MVC would buy the property and add another tower to Oceana Palms, but I had heard that the owners were asking too much. The good news is that it will be a high end property and provide convenient restaurants. Time will tell regarding how much it will impact views.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Anytime someone talks about future land development, especially on Singer Island, it's never a sure thing until they actually begin the construction process. Many announce plans only to have them shot down by the City Council. Marriott, if I recall correctly, had several issues getting Oceana Palms built. The Oceans Mall down by Ocean Pointe at one time was suppose to become a high rise hotel with a shopping mall but was shot down by the City Council over concerns about public parking for the beach.

I'd welcome a wellness spa on that land vs another hotel or high rise condo project. It seems to me it would likely be a low rise building with minimal impact of views. Somehow I don't see a wellness spa as being something that would be a profitable venture on that piece of land. Of course I've been wrong before.

The Sunrise building will always be at risk for something blocking it's views simply by it's location and the fact land is always redeveloped. There's never any guarantee of a view unless the land in front of that view can't be developed or redeveloped. In Vegas we once owned weeks at Polo Towers. Over time MGM built high rise hotel condo's behind it blocking the view of the valley and mountains to the east. There was also a deal in place to sell out the right of way in front of the building, which would have blocked the view of the strip for all owners. Fortunately there was an economic downturn and that deal died. However, it pointed out that views are never guaranteed unless there is no way something can be built that blocks a view, such as being the building right on the edge of the ocean.

I think you both mean that the Sunset tower views would suffer. To some degree the Ocean View views in Sunrise may be impacted, but it would be small due to their proximity to the beach.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you both mean that the Sunset tower views would suffer. To some degree the Ocean View views in Sunrise may be impacted, but it would be small due to their proximity to the beach.

The sunrise tower views of the inlet and sunset will also definitely be impacted. I always requested south view so I could see the sunsets and the cruise ship departures. Ocean views from sunset tower will definitely be impacted, but I doubt that the South views will be any worse than the current North views from that building. We were fortunate to have that vacant lot for a few years.

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score

that's what I meant

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The sunrise tower views of the inlet and sunset will also definitely be impacted. I always requested south view so I could see the sunsets and the cruise ship departures. Ocean views from sunset tower will definitely be impacted, but I doubt that the South views will be any worse than the current North views from that building. We were fortunate to have that vacant lot for a few years.

Funny how it works...I have never stayed in the S facing villa, as we always request the N view - one of the reasons being the "ugly' empty lot ;)