• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RHC booking flexibility

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all:
I'm not an RHC member yet but I've been looking over the credit required charts for a number of their resorts and I was wondering how flexible one can be in setting the length of a stay. Can I book any number of consecutive days (assuming availability); for example 4 weekdays plus one weekend day, for a 6 day stay. This kind of flexibility would certainly help a smaller point package go farther.
Thanks
Steve

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have booked 4 night stays but when I looked a five night stay I got charged for seven nights. I do like their system because it gets me into NYC for a reasonable amount of points compared to RCI.

J

JoeMid

RHC

Hi all:
I'm not an RHC member yet but I've been looking over the credit required charts for a number of their resorts and I was wondering how flexible one can be in setting the length of a stay. Can I book any number of consecutive days (assuming availability); for example 4 weekdays plus one weekend day, for a 6 day stay. This kind of flexibility would certainly help a smaller point package go farther.
Thanks
Steve
For most members and for most resorts, you may book a 4 night stay starting on a Saturday and/or a 3 night stay starting on a Wednesday making things like a weekend in NYC an impossibility. A week may then start on a Saturday or Wednesday. That's the way it works. VIP members (which a small points package is not) have more flexibility. Lot's of good answers from people with experience can be found here.

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like most answers this one is 'it depends.' In this case it varies by resort and what RHC has available.

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Took the plunge

Thanks folks for all the info. I won my first ebay auction and I was the only bidder. 30K RHC points for a buck:whoopie: ; well actually $800 with the closing and transfer fees.
Is the online experience with RHC similar to the RCI experience?
Steve

PeelBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won 40,000 points for $1.25 only plus closing.

This year, I booked a week in Rome and next year, two weeks in Madrid.

If you book well like a year in advance, you will find New York City, San Francisco, Scotland, Rome and Paris, during high seasons. Have never seen London though.

There are always tons in Mexico. I also found good availability of Buenos Aires in January, their summer time.

Rio during Carnival is also available.

So, it depends what you are looking for.

J

JoeMid

Thanks folks for all the info. I won my first ebay auction and I was the only bidder. 30K RHC points for a buck:whoopie: ; well actually $800 with the closing and transfer fees.
Is the online experience with RHC similar to the RCI experience?
Steve
That's because they won't let me buy anymore, just got a check from the closing company returning my last ebay purchase payment with the explanation that RHC would not transfer it to me, I had to buy from them. How about them apples?

The RHC experience is frustrated by the fact that you never know when they are going to 'load' the affiliate inventory, it's whenever they let the contract and you don't know whether you've already missed the window oe whether they haven't got inventory yet.

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's because they won't let me buy anymore, just got a check from the closing company returning my last ebay purchase payment with the explanation that RHC would not transfer it to me, I had to buy from them. How about them apples?

The RHC experience is frustrated by the fact that you never know when they are going to 'load' the affiliate inventory, it's whenever they let the contract and you don't know whether you've already missed the window oe whether they haven't got inventory yet.

How many resale points do you have to own before they do this?

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score

Joe:
Do they mean that you have to buy retail from them (ouch)? Isn't this a kind of restriction of trade; they do have offices in Florida after all. As the yung'uns say 'that sucks!'
Steve

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
RHC seems to change their rules at a whim. Also, I agree with the previous poster who said they load their inventory at all different times. Therefore, the booking window of 12-18 months which is available to points owners with higher points amounts is a joke. Many resorts are not available that far in advance and the resorts in RHC will vary, as many of them are lease agreements I believe, and they are subject to change.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gotten London Allen House a few times but they are typically low season winter weeks. 2 Hyde park (a hotel / residence) was in the system before for about a year or so and now it is Nell Gwynn House which they lease 3 flats on long term basis and pump people thorugh.

The downside is that Nell Gwynn House now takes a lot of points and the flats are without some basic service that is available for low cost such as telephone / internet. I understand why they turned off the telephone since all calls are toll calls but they could have set it up so that it is only available for incoming calls. Internet could be available for 5$ a day to regular residence and I ended up paying 25GBP for 24 hours by special arrangement (after a little pushing), albit since I can use it in chunk, it lasted me for the week.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
SF you can get Friday to Monday and Monday to Friday.