• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reverse phone number lookup

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I don't usually answer calls that aren't in my call list, but occasionally I'm curious about who called and didn't leave a message. Nomorobo blocks most robo calls to our land line, and YouMail blocks most robo calls to my cell, but some still get through. Has anyone found a FREE reverse phone lookup web site that they like? I don't need a background check, court record, or anything except maybe a name and address.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
10 years ago I used reverse number lookup services. Now with the scammers ability to spoof the numbers I consider it a waste of time.

Looking up a falsified number is of no value.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
10 years ago I used reverse number lookup services. Now with the scammers ability to spoof the numbers I consider it a waste of time.

Looking up a falsified number is of no value.

I agree with @basham. If you have an iPhone, you can go to your phone settings and turn on ‘Silence Unknown Callers’. This will send any calls from unknown numbers directly to voicemail without ever ringing your phone. Android phones may have this feature, also, but I’m not sure.

If the person calling is actually someone who needs to speak to me, they leave a message and I call them back. If it’s a solicitation or robocall, I ignore it, and I’m never bothered.

Harry

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
If you have an iPhone, you can go to your phone settings and turn on ‘Silence Unknown Callers’. This will send any calls from unknown numbers directly to voicemail without ever ringing your phone.

Harry

I did not know this feature existed. I just turned it on. Thank you!

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
You

Dave
You’re welcome. I did have to turn it off briefly last week when I had an appointment at my house with a repairman and I didn’t want to miss his call when he was on the way. It’s very easy to toggle on and back off if you need to.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
The googling option mentioned is the easiest method to see who it was. I just leave my phone on DND and only those in my contacts get through. All others roll not voicemail. I get a couple of calls a day from unknown numbers and if they don’t leave a message they must not be very important!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the needed suggestions.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

Dave
Slightly different procedure to Silence Uknown Calls on a Samsung Android Phone - go to call Recents and chose the unwanted number - at the bottom of the screen will be a choice "Block" - Tap "Block" and you are done - you won't receive anymore calls from thatt number.

Richard

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Slightly different procedure to Silence Uknown Calls on a Samsung Android Phone - go to call Recents and chose the unwanted number - at the bottom of the screen will be a choice "Block" - Tap "Block" and you are done - you won't receive anymore calls from thatt number.

Richard

I think that’s a different situation. I have the same option on my iPhone. If the caller is spoofing the number, blocking that number doesn’t help - they just call back with a different spoofed number.

This route to voicemail for all calls not in my Contacts list sends legit sales call to voicemail, not just spoofed calls. What I’ve been doing when receiving an unknown caller is pressing the power button twice, which stops the ring and sends that call to voicemail. If I know the caller is going to call me, I can shut off this feature and answer the call - or let it go to voicemail and call them back. Robocalls rarely leave a message.

Dave

dmbrand

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Google and the phones ability to block numbers has worked fairly good for me. Having ringtones for specific people works pretty good too. I have outsmarted myself by blocking the doctors number, my brother in law and a few friends with different area codes. Other than that the blocking has cut the calls down to a few a week from at least ten a day.

Bill

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
This site has been the most useful for me.....

I just used this for my wife and eye to check and it did pull us up, one of three people that came up for both numbers. Not being the currant user but in the middle.

Wish the telemarketer would just call them and leave us alone

I put my business number in and nothing was found, 30 years of paying my bill for nothing

Dave

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why block any number? They will just bother you using a new number to dial from.

The easiest way to deal with these unwanted calls is simply don't ever answer your phone. If someone really wants to speak with you then they will leave you a voice mail and you then can elect whether you wish to return the call or not.....

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why block any number?

I have Norumbo, which, when that number is on this list of hundreds of thousands of 'bad' numbers----will have my phone
ring only ONCE, then nothing. That is MUCH better than listening to the FOUR rings, before it goes to my answering machine.

About once a week or less, a number that I don't want to answer 'goes through'-----what I mean is, rings the full four times. Then, it doesn't leave a message on my answering machine. When this number calls repeatedly, I then BLOCK it---and it won't even ring ONCE!! I am able to do this with Spectrum for a max of 30 numbers.

That's the best way I know how to have some peace and quiet from all unwanted calls.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

That is freaky seeing current and previous owners, so much detail, even email addresses.

I put in my old cell number and saw the poor woman that has it now, she must get tired to timeshare sales and scammers calling her. It identified my wife as previous, she was listed on the AT&T account. It had our addresses for the last 30 years.

No info found for my new number, I’m keeping it that way, I give out my google voice number now when I check in timeshares and hotels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks from me, also. I do sometimes look them up but Dr Google serves up paid crap more than helpful sites. Same frustration.

Too true for the paid crap served up by Dr. Google. Glad to have something that is truly free for basic searches.

--Jon

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House

I used this to check my cell and land line phone numbers. It says someone else owns the cell now and I’m a former owner. My land line shows I, my deceased wife and my daughter who moved out over 25 years ago as folks on the number. Since I’ve had the cell number since around 1997 and still do and anyone who ever lived in the house since it was built is on the land line number except my other daughter who also moved out over 25 years ago, take the results with the proverbial grain of salt.

Similar results when I checked some friends numbers.

It is a useful tool, none the less:).

Cheers

Last edited: