• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reunion vs Bonnet Creek

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have to cancel our July stay at Smugglers Notch due to the COVID restrictions, and now we have 245K points that have to be used by the end of the year because they were deposited from 2019 they cannot be moved forward again.

We have settled on a September trip to Orlando (May do a day or two of theme parks depending on the restrictions by then, or may just stay at the resort mostly.). So the choice I have is either a 4BR PR at Bonnet Creek or 2- 3BR units at Reunion. 4BR is enough as we have 5 adults and 4 children, and I know those 4BR PR units at Bonnet Creek are very nice as I have stayed there before. But I think I am leaning toward Reunion to take advantage of the onsite waterpark and multiple other pools. Plus it seems like most or all of the waterpark and pools are open at Reunion while Bonnet Creek is still more restricted as of now.

Anyone know where at Reunion your unit usually is with a Wyndham stay? What area is best for walking distance to pools/waterpark? Will they usually accommodate assigning 2 units next to each other if you request it that way?

Any reason Bonnet Creek would be a better option than Reunion, if planning to not go to the parks at all or very little?

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I can't help on which one but think should also consider 2 3br deluxe units at Bonnett Creek. The deluxe units are all on discounts but the presidentials are not.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't help on which one but think should also consider 2 3br deluxe units at Bonnett Creek. The deluxe units are all on discounts but the presidentials are not.

2- 3BR at Bonnet Creek are 262,500 (with the discount) while the non-discounted 4BR is 231,000. So the 4BR PR fits under the 245,000 we have to use by year end, while the 2-3BR does not.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
We have to cancel our July stay at Smugglers Notch due to the COVID restrictions, and now we have 245K points that have to be used by the end of the year because they were deposited from 2019 they cannot be moved forward again.

We have settled on a September trip to Orlando (May do a day or two of theme parks depending on the restrictions by then, or may just stay at the resort mostly.). So the choice I have is either a 4BR PR at Bonnet Creek or 2- 3BR units at Reunion. 4BR is enough as we have 5 adults and 4 children, and I know those 4BR PR units at Bonnet Creek are very nice as I have stayed there before. But I think I am leaning toward Reunion to take advantage of the onsite waterpark and multiple other pools. Plus it seems like most or all of the waterpark and pools are open at Reunion while Bonnet Creek is still more restricted as of now.

Anyone know where at Reunion your unit usually is with a Wyndham stay? What area is best for walking distance to pools/waterpark? Will they usually accommodate assigning 2 units next to each other if you request it that way?

Any reason Bonnet Creek would be a better option than Reunion, if planning to not go to the parks at all or very little?
I dont see any benefit to Bonnet Creek over Reunion other than proximity to parks and the pools being all walking distance. Reunion is the superior resort in terms of ratings. Just be aware the water park is only open 10 to 5. Their regular pools are all really nice. If 4 of the 5 adults only take up two king beds, the 3 bedroom at Reunion is HUGE. The living room can sleep 2 teens and 1 kid that can sleep on a 2 person couch. I would honestly just do the 3 bedroom and only say you have 8 people. The condo is big enough for your party. It has enough beds and bedding for 10 plus a small child. North villas are best for children because its closest to the kids splash pad pool that's open later.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
If you dont want to squeeze everyone into a 3 bedroom, you can also rent a 1 bedroom deluxe at Cypress Palms or Star Island. It's only a 15 min drive away.

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
According to the Reunion page of the Wyndham website, "The developer is building multiple three-story condos near the villas building of the resort December 2018 through December 2020. During this time, noise, dust, odors and on-site work crews may be present. Dates are subject to change." Something to consider. Or maybe call the resort to confirm if construction is still ongoing.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score

Reunion cons would be the resort is spread out and you have to drive everywhere. It's more like staying in a nice apartment complex than a resort. The waterpark was within walking distance for us, but we didn't get a chance to try it out

Bonnet Creek is much more compact and close to Disney Springs. It feels more "resort like" to me.

I enjoyed stays at both.

In the era of COVID maybe you want to be a bit more isolated, which would be Reunion.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I'll be there next week so I will do a walking tour of the property so you guys can see why it's such a nice resort. The rooftop pool and steakhouse are still closed though.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
I'll be there next week so I will do a walking tour of the property so you guys can see why it's such a nice resort. The rooftop pool and steakhouse are still closed though.

Looking forward to this! I've been loving your recent "boots on the ground" reviews!

We decided to push our July (pushed from April) Orlando/Disney trip to August. Now there are only 1 bedrooms left at BC, which is "fine" for my family of three (especially if we do Pres), but I'm thinking this might be a great opportunity to try Reunion. There's all sorts of hub-bub about the whole Disney reservation system for park days and we might only get three days as annual pass holders, plus we might just want to spread out and stay away from crowds anyway. It looks like Reunion is an easy place to do that at.

Do Wyndham owners get access to the water park and pools? Any other amenity things to know about that would weigh into the decision?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Looking forward to this! I've been loving your recent "boots on the ground" reviews!

We decided to push our July (pushed from April) Orlando/Disney trip to August. Now there are only 1 bedrooms left at BC, which is "fine" for my family of three (especially if we do Pres), but I'm thinking this might be a great opportunity to try Reunion. There's all sorts of hub-bub about the whole Disney reservation system for park days and we might only get three days as annual pass holders, plus we might just want to spread out and stay away from crowds anyway. It looks like Reunion is an easy place to do that at.

Do Wyndham owners get access to the water park and pools? Any other amenity things to know about that would weigh into the decision?

You will get access to the water park and 10 of the 11 community pools. The rooftop pool next to the eleven steakhouse on the 11th floor of the hotels is closed. The spa is also closed. Everything else is open. If you book it, request a "corner unit". There are 4 units per floor and the 2 inner units have less light because of less windows. A corner unit doesn't have an outdoor lounge chair, but still has a huge table that sits 4 people on the patio. If you do care more about the patio than the lighting, you want an inner unit. I like the corner ones a lot more because you only share 1 wall with a neighbor. You do have to comfortable with the idea of driving to your pool. You will only have 1 pool within a short walk from your villa, that's the community pool.

Here is a video of all the pools:

Here is a video of the water park:

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thanks so much @cbyrne1174 ! How about walking and jogging? Decent paths around for that? (early morning time in August of course!)

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Thanks so much @cbyrne1174 ! How about walking and jogging? Decent paths around for that? (early morning time in August of course!)

Yes, there are the paved golf course paths and connecting paths between the different communities that make up the entirety of Reunion. Several miles of these paths. We walked them almost every night we were there, lovely grounds to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I just checked in. From what I see only the splash pad and water park have crowds. The community pools are pretty dead.

Attachments

• 20200621_123804.jpg
    20200621_123804.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200621_123730.jpg
    20200621_123730.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200621_123737.jpg
    20200621_123737.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 34