• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resorts for families, or with kid's programs

Sarahndipity

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're looking to book an exchange vacation in late August with our two boys (ages 6 and 4) and I'm having a difficult time on the RCI web site figuring out which resorts are kid friendly (some have a minimum age of 21, for example) and which ones might have activities, or on site programming that they might enjoy.

I've tried searching the TUG BBS for travel with children or kid-friendly resorts but am having a tough time (perhaps I'm not using the search feature correctly).

Do you have any recommendations for resorts that are kid-friendly or have on-site children's activities, or places you've been with your kids under age 10 that were great fun? Thank you in advance!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that when you see min age 21, that means that the person on the reservation, needs to be 21...not that everyone in the party needs to be 21

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
My 2 all time favorites are:
Smugglers notch, VT---kids program/camp for a fee and also drop in family events. We did not do the camps, but did a Llama Walk-picnic, disk frisbee, putt-putt, creeking, hikes, and pool times (RCI traders get free use of Courtside pool with slide and hot tub), RCI traders must pay fee of $285 for use of other activities and all 5 great pools. We did not pay the fee, as we did lots of day trips--everyone loved this resort!
Any of the Disney DVCs--most have Community Halls with crafts, games, etc. Not a drop-off (I took a book and coffee). My kids have literally spent hours each trip (OKW, AKL, SSR) at the Community Halls. We also like to go over to Ft. Wilderness and go to the campfire, rent bikes, and fish. DVC is such an easy vacation with kids, I sometimes go alone with the kids (ages 6-10) the week prior to meeting DH at the beach the following week. Some trips, we did not even go into the parks, there was just so much to do at DVC
We went to DVC-Hilton Head this summer---great vacation (we had 2 families, 4 kids ages 7-10). Tons of things to do.

Last edited:

Sarahndipity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron: I am laughing so hard at myself. DUH. I should have realized! Thank you.

Sarahndipity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Elaine:

Funny enough, Smuggs is our "home" resort - we're going there in March and are very excited. It's amazing, I agree.

Thank you so much for the other suggestions!

winnipiseogee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out Steele Hill in NH. We just bought there because of all the things they have for kids. They have something like 5 or 6 pools on the property, 2 or 3 water slides, daily programming for the munchkins and weirs beach is only 20 or so minutes always which has kid stuff out the wazoo! Good luck.