• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort at Cocoa Beach, How Does it Trade?

chrisobb

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Resort on Cocoa Beach, Wyndham
I recently purchased an EOY oceanfront unit at the Resort at Cocoa Beach on Ebay. I plan on using it most of the time but we already have plans for next summer that don't include Cocoa Beach. I am not currently a member of II. I booked the 4th of July at the resort and would like to deposit it for trade. Can anyone tell me how this trades and would it be worth joining II? Would I be able to trade into Manhattan Club, DVC or Marriott?
Any info would be appreciated.

lprstn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask someone with a similar week to do a trade test for you. That way you will get a better idea.

lgreenspan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Resort on Cocoa Beach week deposited with RCI if you would like me to check trades.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I don't ever see it come up in II. I think RCI gets most of those deposits. With you having a holiday week and it being a highly rated resort, it might trade very well. Call II and find out if that resort and week qualifies for a bonus week (accomodation certificate). You should definitely be able to trade for Marriott and I imagine DVC, too.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...

Can anyone tell me how this trades and would it be worth joining II? Would I be able to trade into Manhattan Club, DVC or Marriott? Any info would be appreciated.

Since it appears that your resort is dual (II / RCI) affiliated, would it not maybe be wise to join II and see for yourself the actual available options through their "request first" feature? That way, you would not have to just relinquish your week to the RCI "man behind the curtain", thereby signing on for the "deposit, then pray" approach of RCI's hidden trade value.

I use what I own and am not a "trader". Just offering a thought. :shrug:

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
we were at this resort in April. It is really a great resort. The sales persion assured me that their owners get all their money back plus a profit on resale. So i am assuming yo paid around "$15,000 for the every other year, right?:D

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resort on Cocoa Beach

We own several weeks at this resort. I think most deposits go to RCI.

I would think a 4th of July week at this resort would trade very well.

I only have a deposit in RCI for an October week at this resort, and it would be good for off season trades only.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Got money you want to throw away? Join II

Since it appears that your resort is dual (II / RCI) affiliated, would it not maybe be wise to join II and see for yourself the actual available options through their "request first" feature? That way, you would not have to just relinquish your week to the RCI "man behind the curtain", thereby signing on for the "deposit, then pray" approach of RCI's hidden trade value.

I use what I own and am not a "trader". Just offering a thought. :shrug:

Waste of money to pay to an II member. They are on the bottom of the pecking order after the top favored groups, corporate members and others. As an individual, paying member of II you have virtually zero chance of getting anything but others leftovers.

It's a great resort that trades well - especially high demand times (with RCI anyway).

Last edited:

chrisobb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Resort on Cocoa Beach, Wyndham
Thanks all for your comments. Because I am already with RCI I think I will stick with them instead of spending more money with II.

As I said, I bought this to use and for about $800 with closing costs it worked for me.

e.bram

Reaction score
See lots(persistant) of Cocoa Beach on Flexchange in II. Not a good sign for a trader.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resort on Cocoa Beach

I am of the opinion that most owners at The Resort on Cocoa Beach do not deposit, but use the weeks.

We have weeks that float 1-52 and also weeks that float only limited weeks.

Sometimes we deposit an offseason week with RCI, then trade back in for higher season week. Bank a fall week, then book a winter week.

When trading back into your own resort, you have priority.

We consider this resort the best of the several we own.

e.bram

Reaction score
If you can trade back into a high season with a dog, it is not a good trader.
Ever.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trading Back Into Your Home Resort

If you can trade back into a high season with a dog, it is not a good trader.
Ever.

My point was only to say that if I deposit a week at the Resort on Cocoa Beach, which is red time 1-52, I can then tradeback into the Resort on Cocoa Beach, with a priority over people trying to trade with a timeshare other than the Resort on Cocoa Beach.

I have other timeshart weeks in the bank with RCI, and they will not pull up Resort on Cocoa Beach.

Most of our weeks at the Resort on Cocoa Beach are just booked directly with the resort since the weeks are floating.

hunkyleebo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Relative Quality

I wonder why II doesn't assign Resort on Cocoa Beach a Silver (Pineapple) or Gold (Leaf) rating while Discovery Beach Resort just down the beach is Gold? Could it be to low volume of exchanges through II?

:shrug:

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I wonder why II doesn't assign Resort on Cocoa Beach a Silver (Pineapple) or Gold (Leaf) rating while Discovery Beach Resort just down the beach is Gold? Could it be to low volume of exchanges through II?

:shrug:

I bet it's too low a volume with II. I've never seen it come up on II when I do searches for Cocoa Beach.

There are some DVC members over on the DIS boards who live in Florida who own at this resort and they really like the resort. They told me they have day privileges at the resort whenever they drive over for the day - nice perk if you live close by.

Last edited: