• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservations at Wyndham Panama City Beach

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
May 12, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Wyndham PCB is a great place to go in the winter if you are content to read on the balcony while wearing a hoodie instead of flip-flops. The view is the same, the sound of the ocean (Gulf) is the same.

I have the following reservations. Single week reservations are priced at $695; the two week reservation is $1,290.

January 18-25
January 18-February 1
January 25-February 1
February 1-8
February 8-15

Attachments

• Exterior.jpg
    Exterior.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 54
  • PCB 2BR Pres.jpg
    PCB 2BR Pres.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 55

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Cancelling both of the January 18 starts.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Can you believe that all the Wyndham Panama City Beach listings on RedWeek.com are mine??

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this a sign of a mega renter?

If four or five el cheapo off-season listings make one a mega-renter, then I suppose the answer is yes.

However, I'm small potatoes compared to some.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this a sign of a mega renter?

I've been thinking about your question. "Megarenter" is a term that is thrown around, usually pejoratively, but I've never seen anyone define a megarenter.

There have been people/organizations that managed 40, 50, or 100 million points. Clearly, they qualify or qualified, if they still exist. But, at what level of activity (number of rentals, revenue, or other metric) does the casual renter become a megarenter? I thought maybe you would know since you suggested I might be one.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about your question. "Megarenter" is a term that is thrown around, usually pejoratively, but I've never seen anyone define a megarenter.

There have been people/organizations that managed 40, 50, or 100 million points. Clearly, they qualify or qualified, if they still exist. But, at what level of activity (number of rentals, revenue, or other metric) does the casual renter become a megarenter? I thought maybe you would know since you suggested I might be one.
Only a question not suggesting you are one. If one has all of the listings on redweek for a certain location it could be easily for some think you could possibly be a megarenter.

Can you believe that all the Wyndham Panama City Beach listings on RedWeek.com are mine??

This post reminded me of one owner that had many rentals in New Orleans ;/

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Only a question not suggesting you are one. If one has all of the listings on redweek for a certain location it could be easily for some think you could possibly be a megarenter.
<snip>

It might also be an indication that I don't have a clue -- stupidly trying to rent four or five Panhandle resort weeks in the dead of winter in spite of the fact that no one else is doing it.

But, you dodged the question. When does the casual renter become a megarenter?

Dominic -- are you a journalist? That "some think" sounds like journalist-speak for "I think."

Dunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Jim, I don't know if you have weeks into April but there is an event going on April 16 -19 so there may be demand for that week.

Apr 16-19, 2020 Parrot Head Rendezvous Panama City Beach at Sharky’s Restaurant

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
The snow bird like to flock to the Ft. Lauderdale locations this time of year.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Jim, I don't know if you have weeks into April but there is an event going on April 16 -19 so there may be demand for that week.

Apr 16-19, 2020 Parrot Head Rendezvous Panama City Beach at Sharky’s Restaurant

The problem with April and later is that Wyndham PCB becomes quite expensive -- even with discounts and upgrades. Also, I have pretty well booked my weeks in March and April in Daytona and Bonnet Creek. Any more and Wyndham will become upset about overlapping reservations.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The snow bird like to flock to the Ft. Lauderdale locations this time of year.

Yes, I know and I have some reservations there that I booked last spring. Can't list them on LMR -- too pricey.

The PCB reservations were made inside the 60-day discount/upgrade window. If there were something available in So. Florida inside the 60-day window, believe me I'd jump on it.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham PCB is a great place to go in the winter if you are content to read on the balcony while wearing a hoodie instead of flip-flops. The view is the same, the sound of the ocean (Gulf) is the same.

I have the following reservations. Single week reservations are priced at $695; the two week reservation is $1,290.

January 18-25
January 18-February 1
January 25-February 1
February 1-8
February 8-15

January 25 start is no longer available (along with the two January 18 starts, already noted a

January 25 start is no longer available.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
HAHA I will take a crack at the questions what is the definition of a mega renter.

1. If you rent more then 30 rentals a year
2. If you rent out more than 2 mil points worth of reservation based on regular non discounted point values.
3. If you rent out five times as many weeks/points as you use personally
4. If dgalati says you are mega renter-HAHA

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HAHA I will take a crack at the questions what is the definition of a mega renter.

1. If you rent more then 30 rentals a year
2. If you rent out more than 2 mil points worth of reservation based on regular non discounted point values.
3. If you rent out five times as many weeks/points as you use personally
4. If dgalati says you are mega renter-HAHA

I'm glad you said rent, instead of list. I've listed about eight of these PCB weeks and rented none. It's funny, though. I have a repeat customer who rented four consecutive weeks at PCB. That's what got me looking for reservations there. That and the fact that they are insanely cheap in the winter (as they are insanely expensive the rest of the year). One of those great ideas that didn't work out.

However, I'll try again next winter since there's not much else to do with points then.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

January 18-25
January 18-February 1
January 25-February 1
February 1-8
February 8-15

Canceling the February 1-8 reservation.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Canceling the February 1-8 reservation.

Interesting! So, this is what I will have to do too if I were to acquire a lot of resale points. I think I will stick to my Airbnb listings for now and wait for bluebirds to drop into my lap or fly into my coop!:)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
@dgalati's definition of mega looks micro to me. Megarenter would be playing in high demand rentals with ARP reservations, I would think!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

January 18-25
January 18-February 1
January 25-February 1
February 1-8
February 8-15

Adding February 28-March 8 (nine nights): 2BR Presidential for $1,030

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I SOLD ONE!!

February 8-15 is gone.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I SOLD ONE!!

February 8-15 is gone.

Hello @chapjim, I have two reservations at PCB spanning 2/16-18, 2/18-22. Any tips on listing them here? I don't want to violate the rules but $115/day seems too low. Can I charge extra for GC and PP?

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
May 12, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day