• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservation change fee (weeks)

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
What’s the deal? I had a reservation a family member wanted to use but asked me to change the date. I called and when they called me back I changed the date no problem, no fee. I was told by the woman on the phone there was no fee as long as it was before 60 days out. My family member asked me to change the date one more time, I called and was charged $40. When I explained to him what I was told by the other rep, he said no, it’s $40 to change and can’t be changed after 60 days out. We should be able to change our reservations ONLINE, for free. No rep needed.
Edited to add- this is an unenrolled MVC week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What’s the deal? I had a reservation a family member wanted to use but asked me to change the date. I called and when they called me back I changed the date no problem, no fee. I was told by the woman on the phone there was no fee as long as it was before 60 days out. My family member asked me to change the date one more time, I called and was charged $40. When I explained to him what I was told by the other rep, he said no, it’s $40 to change and can’t be changed after 60 days out. We should be able to change our reservations ONLINE, for free. No rep needed.

Rightly or wrongly, I believe this has always been the case, albeit the fee has increased.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
I got a new rep when trying to lockoff and add a guest on a Maui reservation seven days out. She had to get a supervisor and because the resort had combined my two weeks into one reservation, it took a day for the resort to back it out and for the change to be made.

All that said time to check-in was irrelevant and there was no fee. I think rep was thinking about hotel side rules.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have always had change fees for weeks reservation and in the past they had charged me sporadically for changes. Now that my weeks are enrolled they have not charged me.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

For unenrolled weeks there should have been a fee and a lockoff fee were applicable. You got a benefit that was unintended the first time but it colored your expectations going forward.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Are enrolled weeks getting free reservation changes? If so is that when using them as weeks/points of both?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Are enrolled weeks getting free reservation changes? If so is that when using them as weeks/points of both?

Yes, both. Owners of enrolled Weeks pay the annual DC Club Dues in addition to the MF's on the Weeks, and those Club Dues fees offset many of the transaction fees that are assessed to un-enrolled Weeks. From the TUG DC Points FAQ:

>> ... ~~ Other DC Costs ~~

- All Members must pay the annual Club Dues fee which is based on the number of DC Points that a Trust Member owns, or, for which an Exchange Member is eligible through all Enrolled Weeks, or, a combination of both. Effective with the 2019 invoices the fees are:
  • $205 Owners and Select Members
  • $245 Executive and Presidential Members
  • $270 Chairman's Club Members
(Historically at the DC introduction on 6/20/10 these fees ranged between $165 and $199.)
  • The Club Dues fee covers a corporate membership in Interval International's external exchange system, as well as most Marriott and II administration and transaction fees for DC Trust and DC Exchange Members. ... <<

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
I've been charged reservation change fees for 23 years (since we bought our first MVCI week). It's always been a for-charge item (to my chagrin).

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been charged reservation change fees for 23 years (since we bought our first MVCI week). It's always been a for-charge item (to my chagrin).

Why not enroll your week so you will no longer encounter these reservation change fees?