• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescission of Wyndham timeshare

GPG

Reaction score
Just got talked into a Wyndham timeshare in Nevada and now want out within the 5 day limit. Any tips?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Just got talked into a Wyndham timeshare in Nevada and now want out within the 5 day limit. Any tips?

Good decision.

I would write your recission letter tonight. On your contract, it gives you instructions on how to rescind. Follow it. Have proof of delivery through certified mail, return receipt. Keep the letter simple. Include your contract number, state you want to rescind and expect a full refund. Sign and date. You should have a full refund within 45 days.

Mind if you tell us your purchase price? @Grammarhero keeps track of the savings.

If you ever want a TS, buy resale for pennies on the dollar. I would suggest renting for awhile to be very sure you want a lifetime commitment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

There are recision instructions in your paperwork. Find them and follow them precisely, then mail the letter with return receipt requested so you have proof Wyndham receives it. Every owner who signed the contract must sign the recision letter and it must be postmarked by the recision deadline.

Welcome to TUG. Glad you found us in time.

Harry

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Fredflintstone hit the nail right on the head.

DON'T HESITATE AT ALL TO RESCIND, AND RESCIND IMMEDIATELY.

If you later change your mind you can always buy again!

And if you do buy again then be sure to buy resale for pennies on the dollar.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
This article covers the main points - which are to send the recession notice as soon as possible via certified mail with email as a backup. Does not have to be fancy well-worded letter, just identify who are you are, and that you are exercising your right to rescind/cancel your purchase. Signed by all parties that signed the contract.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Smart! Rescind. How much was the contract for ?

GPG

Reaction score
Quote was 23,000. Can’t find rescission instructions anywhere

GPG

Reaction score
There are recision instructions in your paperwork. Find them and follow them precisely, then mail the letter with return receipt requested so you have proof Wyndham receives it. Every owner who signed the contract must sign the recision letter and it must be postmarked by the recision deadline.

Welcome to TUG. Glad you found us in time.

Harry
Can find instructions anywhere. Just following what I picked up from TUG

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Can find instructions anywhere. Just following what I picked up from TUG
If you can’t find the rescission instructions, possible they hid it in a thumb drive. Send usps certified to both addresses posted in the link above, as well as the fax. You can also send to the email address, although they don’t have to honor the rescission letter in the email address.

GPG

Reaction score
If you can’t find the rescission instructions, possible they hid it in a thumb drive. Send usps certified to both addresses posted in the link above, as well as the fax. You can also send to the email address, although they don’t have to honor the rescission letter in the email address.
Should I sent the thumb drive and starter kit back to them also

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Should I sent the thumb drive and starter kit back to them also
Yes. You may. You don't have to, but many people get bad memories from them. If you would check the thumb drive for the addresses, that would be great. These are the addresses we have on file as of two months ago:
Wyndham Vacations Resorts, Inc
Attn: Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Dept

PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193
or
10750 West Charleston Boulevard
Suite 130
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

However, in addition, you can fax your rescission notice to 702-227-3298, and/or email the notice to rescissions.wvr@wyn.com. We strongly recommend that email and fax only be used as secondary methods, as certified mail is method that is outlined in your contract.

GPG

Reaction score
Anyone know where Wyndham hides their rescission instruction in their thumb drive .

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It can varies. In some states it is a form that you are required to sign, and/or is on the signature page of the contract.

See if you can search the document you have Orlando or Las Vegas (the two addresses they use).

Worst case, just send a notice by certified mail to both addresses and a email to the address in the sticky. Following the instructions is important, but meeting the deadline is critical. You are on firmer ground trying to argue that you meet the deadline, but made a defective notice; then having a "perfect" notice that missed the deadline.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Anyone know where Wyndham hides their rescission instruction in their thumb drive .
Follow the above instructions by Grammarhero and you should be fine. Check the thumb drive for all information regarding cancellations or “making changes to your account”. Wording like that is tricky. Rescinding is making a change to your account. Sometimes they don’t say to cancel or to rescind. But things like making changes to your account send a letter or write to....... within a certain amount of days since the signing of the contract. Good luck and get out of it. Then buy resale for free.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We do not, but check page by page. It should look like the attached, but with LV addrsses

Attachments

• 6DD53D9E-B247-4448-8697-0C213D4DD879_jpeg.jpg
    6DD53D9E-B247-4448-8697-0C213D4DD879_jpeg.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 129

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Send it out via the United States Postal Service and be sure to send it certified. Get it in the mail immediately (today if you can due to time restraints).

Retained the Postmarked Postal Receipt in case you should need it for legal purposes.

Be very sure that anyone who signed the original contract signs the rescission paperwork also.

Be patient; the Postmarked date is the important date in terms of allowable rescission time frame. It doesn't matter when they receive it, but it DOES matter when it is Postmarked.

Allow 45 days to receive a refund (although it may happen sooner).

vdagani90

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Just piggybacking on this. I mistakenly sent my letter of rescission to the orlando address but my contract stated to send it to the LV address (i wasnt able to find the cancellation policy right away). Will they still honor it? Im on the 13 day from signing. Or should I send a letter to the LV address?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Just piggybacking on this. I mistakenly sent my letter of rescission to the orlando address but my contract stated to send it to the LV address (i wasnt able to find the cancellation policy right away). Will they still honor it? Im on the 13 day from signing. Or should I send a letter to the LV address?
I would send a letter to the LV address (certified, keep proof of mailing) and include a copy of the first letter and a copy of the proof of the date that you mailed the first one.

Suselle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I would send a letter to the LV address (certified, keep proof of mailing) and include a copy of the first letter and a copy of the proof of the date that you mailed the first one.
I made the same mistake. Sent it to the “address of the seller as stated on my contract”. I realized on the evening of day 6 that there was the LV address buried deep in the contract. I freaked! Then sent my letter to LV on day 7 with proof it was received in Orlando before day 5. I am still waiting to hear. I’m on pins and needles and can’t sleep. I’d love to know, how did this work out for you?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I made the same mistake. Sent it to the “address of the seller as stated on my contract”. I realized on the evening of day 6 that there was the LV address buried deep in the contract. I freaked! Then sent my letter to LV on day 7 with proof it was received in Orlando before day 5. I am still waiting to hear. I’m on pins and needles and can’t sleep. I’d love to know, how did this work out for you?
Sorry, I was not the person who did this, I was simply suggesting it to @vdagani90.