• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding. Question about unused VIP points

OhNoOops

Reaction score
Hey there...
Got suckered. Bought on a Saturday. Sending letter of recession Monday afternoon.

Questions:
1 They were going to put me and husband on deed then ran my credit and decided only he would be but I would be an authorized user. Do I have to sign the letter as well?

2. They suckered us in on the first part of our VIP package. We still have another 4 days left (only used 3 days) what happens to that once we rescind? We paid for that VIP package.

Excited to hear back - thanks!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey there...
Got suckered. Bought on a Saturday. Sending letter of recession Monday afternoon.

Questions:
1 They were going to put me and husband on deed then ran my credit and decided only he would be but I would be an authorized user. Do I have to sign the letter as well?

2. They suckered us in on the first part of our VIP package. We still have another 4 days left (only used 3 days) what happens to that once we rescind? We paid for that VIP package.

Any buyer who signed the original contract will also need to sign the rescission paperwork.

My guess is that once they find you have rescinded then they will pull the remaining 4 days of you VIP package, but that is just a guess.

Smart move to rescind. You can buy resale for pennies on the dollar.

Think about spending $15 and becoming a TUG Member. It will be a smart investment!

OhNoOops

Reaction score
Any buyer who signed the original contract will also need to sign the rescission paperwork.

My guess is that once they find you have rescinded then they will pull the remaining 4 days of you VIP package, but that is just a guess.

Smart move to rescind. You can buy resale for pennies on the dollar.

Think about spending $15 and becoming a TUG Member. It will be a smart investment!

Question. We are still staying at the resort where signed up yesterday can we just walk up to the office and say we changed our mind?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question. We are still staying at the resort where signed up yesterday can we just walk up to the office and say we changed our mind?

It's best to do it writing via USPS Certified Mail. This way it is official and there is no question about it!

Additionally, if you are staying at the Resort, it is highly likely that they won't receive your rescission later until at least two days after it is postmarked; with that said, you can likely use your remaining 4 days without an issue if you are currently there now.....

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what Resort you are staying at, and what State you are in, but please be aware that each State has it's own time frame for legally rescinding Timeshare Contracts. I think some States it is as little as three days, while others may be five or seven days.

What Resort are you at, and what State are you in ?

I will add one thing; If you are having credit issues (which one of you are) then it is a GREAT IDEA to not buy at this time in your life. Vacations are a luxury and you should dedicate your credit to buying a home or car, taking care of your children, etc. Buy when you can easily afford to do so!

Last edited:

OhNoOops

Reaction score
Not sure what Resort you are staying at, and what State you are in, but please be aware that each State has it's own time frame for legally rescinding Timeshare Contracts. I think some States it is as little as three days, while others may be five or seven days.

What Resort are you at, and what State are you in ?

I will add one thing; If you are having credit issues (which one of you are) then it is a GREAT IDEA to not buy at this time in your life. Vacations are a luxury and you should dedicate your credit to buying a home or car, taking care of your children, etc. Buy when you can easily afford to do so!

Thanks for the financial advice, chief. We aren’t having credit issues and we know how to take care of investments and children. Take it easy.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the financial advice, chief. We aren’t having credit issues and we know how to take care of investments and children. Take it easy.

Sorry, I guess I had misread your initial post. In any event the same advice to rescind applies and think about purchasing resale instead.

Best of luck!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hey there...

Questions:

We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@TheTimeTraveler didnt meant it as an insult or financial advice. He just meant don’t pay thousands for something you can likely buy resale for $1, unless Disney, Marriott, and some Westin or Hyatt or Hilton.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@OhNoOops

We hope your rescission and deposit refund were successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

OhNoOops

Reaction score
@OhNoOops

We are still waiting to hear back. We haven’t heard anything. Will update when we hear back.