• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinded - THANK YOU TUG!

katlynp

Reaction score
First off, I have to say I am so grateful to have found this board and all the wonderful helpful folks on here! :cheer:

I recently got suckered into buying into a contract during our "free" Orlando vacation...I was anxious to get off to Magic Kingdom and was enchanted by their seemingly fabulous offer! All in all I don't think we got totally hosed (HGVC $8k for a 1BR odd year with $850 mf) but after learning I could pick up the same thing for much cheaper or possibly even FREE, and a lot of what the salesperson told me was flat total BS, I decided to rescind today - 3 days after our contract date. I still want to own a timeshare but will be following the suggestion of waiting at least 6 months while soaking up knowledge on the TUG boards before buying one for real.

Now, hopefully I can sleep for the next few days and not agonize over making sure I followed the rescind rules perfectly...I mailed a signed letter (using a form letter I found on the TUG boards) certified mail with return receipt. I also emailed the closing administrator a copy of the letter advising of my rescission. I will be contacting my cc company tomorrow. If only I would've listened to my gut before signing all those papers...doh!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. WooHoo! I LOVE it when a plan comes together and someone finds us and does the right thing without a lot of convincing them to do it.

Yessss!!! (fist pump!)

Welcome to TUG!

Jim

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another successful success story! Glad to hear it! Now when they call trying to talk you out of rescinding, ask them if they've heard of TUG.:D

Jay_G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not even factoring in the MF they are selling one bedroom apartments in Florida of $867,000??? You use it once every 104 weeks and almost paid $8,000.

Image the kind of house we could buy in Orlando for $867,000, if 104 of us went together on one for $8,000 each.

I'm very glad you found TUG, before you lost your chance to recind.:cheer:

katlynp

Reaction score
Gulp, when you put it like that Jay I guess I almost got totally hosed!! I only HOPE they call me to talk me out of rescinding, I'll tell them exactly what I think of all the lies and BS they sold to me!

I've been looking through the TUG boards and hope to rent a TS from a fellow TUGGER this summer to get my feet wet and try before I buy. One of the biggest appeals to me is the room size and resort lifestyle vs. typicall small hotel rooms with no amenities or activities for the kids.

Thank you all again for your kindness and encouragement. Seriously, I have never ever been on a message board with virtually no negativity or rudeness, such a classy group of people here :)

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I have never ever been on a message board with virtually no negativity or rudeness, such a classy group of people here :)

Yeah, try coming on here and telling us how you bought 'full-freight' and recommend it to everyone as the only way to buy....:p