• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind address on California public report

snaketail

Reaction score
Hello all,

Husband and I went to a sales pitch yesterday @ San Francisco and purchased the ClubWyndham Access timeshare. When we were signing the contract we were in a rush to leave as soon as we could since we have been there for 5 hours and my husband was about to miss work. Thus we did not request them to print out the contract but to email us copies.

I went home, did some research and had second thoughts, and want to rescind. I read the "How to rescind" articles and am very thankful for the instructions given there, but still have below questions since right now we don't have a copy of the contract (I have called them to send the contract earlier today, and am waiting right now, in the meanwhile I hope to get some help from you guys so that I could get everything prepared and go to usps first thing Monday morning to mail the rescind).

1. We do have a copy of the public report with a cancellation notice page upfront. There's an address on that form, is it the same with the cancellation address noted on the contract or would there be any discrepancies?
2. Is the cancellation notice form on the public report enough, or do we need to attach a copy of the contract or other information? Our contract number was not noted on the public report cancellation page, should we note it there?
3. Do we need to notarize the signing of rescind form?
4. Anything else helpful to be included in the mail and/or during the rescind process? Did any of you follow up by calling the cancellation office/finance office, etc?

Thank you so much!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hello all,

Husband and I went to a sales pitch yesterday @ San Francisco and purchased the ClubWyndham Access timeshare. When we were signing the contract we were in a rush to leave as soon as we could since we have been there for 5 hours and my husband was about to miss work. Thus we did not request them to print out the contract but to email us copies.

I went home, did some research and had second thoughts, and want to rescind. I read the "How to rescind" articles and am very thankful for the instructions given there, but still have below questions since right now we don't have a copy of the contract (I have called them to send the contract earlier today, and am waiting right now, in the meanwhile I hope to get some help from you guys so that I could get everything prepared and go to usps first thing Monday morning to mail the rescind).

1. We do have a copy of the public report with a cancellation notice page upfront. There's an address on that form, is it the same with the cancellation address noted on the contract or would there be any discrepancies?
2. Is the cancellation notice form on the public report enough, or do we need to attach a copy of the contract or other information? Our contract number was not noted on the public report cancellation page, should we note it there?
3. Do we need to notarize the signing of rescind form?
4. Anything else helpful to be included in the mail and/or during the rescind process? Did any of you follow up by calling the cancellation office/finance office, etc?

Thank you so much!

1. It can’t hurt to send a rescission letter, with both you and your spouse’s names, signatures, and contract number, via USPS-certified. Keep copies. It’s the date of postmark day that counts, not delivery date.
2. Wait for the contract to see if there’s a different address. If so, then send a rescission letter, with both you and your spouse’s names, signatures, and contract number, via USPS-certified. Keep copies.
3. No notarization necessary.
4. Do not follow up, as they will try to convince you to still buy.

Mind sharing with us how much rescission would save you?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you have the following address?

Wyndham Vacations Resorts, Inc
Attn: Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Dept

PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193
or
10750 West Charleston Boulevard
Suite 130
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

snaketail

Reaction score
Hi Grammarhero,

Thank you. Finally received the documents we signed yesterday (hopefully ALL). Quite some information and I see 2 documents with 2 different addresses -

1. "The CLUBWYNDHAM Access Vacation ownership plan retail installment contract purchase and security agreement" - this one is 10 pages long and on page 10, Item46 purchaser's nonwaivable right to cancel, shows the above 2 addresses you noted. The PO Box 94443 is also the one noted on the first page of public report.

My understanding is that a rescission letter with a clearly stated decision to rescind, with both of our names +signature + dates, and contract number will be enough? Or I can include all pages of the contract, but only if necessary. There is also the closing disclosure with the pre-authorized auto pay plan form, with my card number on it, might as well just include it and tell them not to charge anything to it.

2. The "Enrollment Agreement Terms and Conditions" - This is for RCI exchange and perks, this one has a cancellation address of 6277 Sea Harbor Dr. Orlando, FL, 32821, Attn: Perks by Club Wyndham, guess I should send the cancellation of this separately.

To answer your question - The contract was for a purchase price of $19,500 for 126,000 points. It being black Friday, they gave us 174,000 bonus points to make us temporary silver for the first 2 years, with two one-week free RCI trips. I have read some other posts in this forum and realized that our deal was not that special. Prior to going to the sales presentation, we were at an auto show, and the marketing team there gave us some meal vouchers for $200, and a free trip to tropical destinations. According to the marketing lady, the meal vouchers and the tropical trip are good to use as long as we go to the sales presentation. I don't know if I should take advantage of them though.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
“My understanding is that a rescission letter with a clearly stated decision to rescind, with both of our names +signature + dates, and contract number will be enough?” Correct. That will be enough. Might be good to include a copy of the signature page Witt the contract number.

“ There is also the closing disclosure with the pre-authorized auto pay plan form, with my card number on it, might as well just include it and tell them not to charge anything to it.” Correct.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
“2. The "Enrollment Agreement Terms and Conditions" - This is for RCI exchange and perks, this one has a cancellation address of 6277 Sea Harbor Dr. Orlando, FL, 32821, Attn: Perks by Club Wyndham, guess I should send the cancellation of this separately.”

No need to send/. RCI will get the cancellation. The most important part is to send the rescission letter to one of the two addresses listed in part 1 above, USPS certified.

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
“To answer your question - The contract was for a purchase price of $19,500 for 126,000 points. It being black Friday, they gave us 174,000 bonus points to make us temporary silver for the first 2 years, with two one-week free RCI trips.”

Though it was bad to buy retail, $155/1k pts is the lowest price I have ever seen for a retail purchase. Give yourself credit for this, and don’t beat yourself up. you were the wisest and hardest negotiator of those making the bad decision of buying retail.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Grammarhero,

Thank you. Finally received the documents we signed yesterday (hopefully ALL). Quite some information and I see 2 documents with 2 different addresses -

1. "The CLUBWYNDHAM Access Vacation ownership plan retail installment contract purchase and security agreement" - this one is 10 pages long and on page 10, Item46 purchaser's nonwaivable right to cancel, shows the above 2 addresses you noted. The PO Box 94443 is also the one noted on the first page of public report.

My understanding is that a rescission letter with a clearly stated decision to rescind, with both of our names +signature + dates, and contract number will be enough? Or I can include all pages of the contract, but only if necessary. There is also the closing disclosure with the pre-authorized auto pay plan form, with my card number on it, might as well just include it and tell them not to charge anything to it.

2. The "Enrollment Agreement Terms and Conditions" - This is for RCI exchange and perks, this one has a cancellation address of 6277 Sea Harbor Dr. Orlando, FL, 32821, Attn: Perks by Club Wyndham, guess I should send the cancellation of this separately.

To answer your question - The contract was for a purchase price of $19,500 for 126,000 points. It being black Friday, they gave us 174,000 bonus points to make us temporary silver for the first 2 years, with two one-week free RCI trips. I have read some other posts in this forum and realized that our deal was not that special. Prior to going to the sales presentation, we were at an auto show, and the marketing team there gave us some meal vouchers for $200, and a free trip to tropical destinations. According to the marketing lady, the meal vouchers and the tropical trip are good to use as long as we go to the sales presentation. I don't know if I should take advantage of them though.
Take advantage of whatever they gave you to attend. It was not worth the hours you spent listening to the bs they covered you with.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought 434k pts for $7 total. No joke.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Take advantage of whatever they gave you to attend. It was not worth the hours you spent listening to the bs they covered you with.
@snaketail he is right. You can still use the free gift.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@SNA27 Wyndham gave OP, for retail purchases, a great deal as she was a hard negotiator.

OP got $155/1k. Had you paid that instead of the $199/1k Wyndham gave you, you would have paid only $142k for your 917k developer pts and 508k PIC pts, instead of $183k.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@snaketail care to share what you did to get $155/1k pts? Just curious.

snaketail

Reaction score
Thank you both! Luckily we realized our mistake fast enough, as in CA we have 7 calendar days to mail in the cancellation. Will mail out Monday morning, with usps certified with signature.

From what I read these two days, the complaints seem to be concentrated on their sales strategies, but many give good reviews on the resorts themselves. Next time when we decide to buy either retail or resale, we will make sure we made enough research and are comfortable that we have made a good decision. This forum provides tremendous help, for that I truly thank all of you.

snaketail

Reaction score
@snaketail care to share what you did to get $155/1k pts? Just curious.
Don't think we did much. But as we sit through we asked lots of questions, mostly regarding the product itself and how to take advantage of everything, before the sales manager showed up with numbers. The option he "recommended" was to go with 126,000 points or 200,000 points. The quoted price for 126,000 was already at 19,500, so we didn't bargain. They are comfortable with our credits after they ran the report. Perhaps this is just what they are quoting people now?
The other thing I could think of is that perhaps through the conversation with us initially, they didn't think we'd be eager to buy, based on our profiles. My husband is a Marriott employee already with Marriott discounts, so they suspect we know the hotel business a lot. Also overall we were pretty calm during the process, and just focused on asking questions and thinking through.
I got a bit uncomfortable when the sales guy asked "what would make you not want to purchase"...

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
@SNA27 Wyndham gave OP, for retail purchases, a great deal as she was a hard negotiator.

OP got $155/1k. Had you paid that instead of the $199/1k Wyndham gave you, you would have paid only $142k for your 917k developer pts and 508k PIC pts, instead of $183k.
I don't know what to think. This whole system is rigged. I just looked at my recent purchase at Everglades, TN from July. 84k Bonnet Creek + 84k Smoky Mountain piggyback.

BONNET CREEK------ 18,289.75 84 217.74
SMOKY MOUNTAIN-- 6,576.21 84 78.29
TOTAL ---------------- 24,865.96 168 148.01

They said $217 is a specially discounted price from the usual $253! Well, I am done buying!;)

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
- deleted -

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Black Friday Sale? Are they getting desperate? Fire sale? Should we be worried as Wyndham owners?
Probably not. As long as there are some retail purchases and Wyndham gets its MF on all resale purchases, Wyndham will be fine.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I may have missed it but I did not see that the OP has received a copy of the Contract by email. I would be surprised if the Sales Office does email it. In a part of the Contract the Buyer acknowledges receiving a copy of the Contract.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I may have missed it but I did not see that the OP has received a copy of the Contract by email. I would be surprised if the Sales Office does email it. In a part of the Contract the Buyer acknowledges receiving a copy of the Contract.
Op received by email.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

snaketail

Reaction score

To clarify - we signed the contract yesterday, 11/29/2019. As we were rushed to leave, we asked an email copy of the contract, and left. They did not send the contract yesterday. This morning I called again and received the email copy about 1.5, 2 hours later.
I was a bit nervous as well, thinking about the same thing - if they would actually email it. That's another reason why I posted here, trying to figure out if I need to have a copy of the contract when sending the cancellation. The reason they gave us about not sending the contract yesterday was that they first submit the contract to another level of quality review.

snaketail

Reaction score
Mailed out just now but realized I did not request for signature. Just certified mail with tracking. Hope that's enough for them not to deny.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mailed out just now but realized I did not request for signature. Just certified mail with tracking. Hope that's enough for them not to deny.
If it’s Wyndham, that’s usually enough. Do you have the rescission language in the directions? If you PM me, I can take a look.