• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale prices - Vacation Village

Priscilla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took a look at this listing. Lol. I don’t know what to do with this many extra points. I currently own a 4 bedroom Vacation Village at Williamsburg and it is pulling great exchanges in II. I plan to pay my 2022 MF early (next month), then deposit next year’s week into RCI. Pay the fee to deposit it as a point deposit. A one time fee less than $100 for RCI to convert my week to point during deposit. I called RCI to ask how many points they would give me for the 27 TPU but the rep couldn’t really tell. I guess I will wait to see. I’m on a hunt for an every other year 61k one bedroom GV. But the prices that people are asking makes me wonder if it’s really worth it. I might not even be able to use all these damn weeks in a year.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I plan to pay my 2022 MF early (next month), then deposit next year’s week into RCI. Pay the fee to deposit it as a point deposit.

It will be worth it to do a little research on the phone with them before you commit to how you'll be doing that. You have the option of depositing it as a 4 BR or as two 2 BR weeks; in RCI weeks you would get one 27 TPU deposit for the 4 BR or two 19 TPU deposits for the two 2 BR weeks. Depending on how you want to use the deposit, it can be better as the two 2 BR weeks - I deposited my VV @ W as two 2 BR weeks for 2022 and used one of them for a Residences at Hacienda Encantada week this fall. (BTW, that resort is only available through RCI weeks priority access for Platinum members, not available on the points side, which is not entirely uncommon. That's the only one I've seen that works that way for Platinum level, but I found several dozen other RCI resorts that only exchange in weeks, not points.)

A few years ago when I still owned a Summit at Massanutten week, converting a 2 BR week to RCI points yielded 60,500 points. I believe the conversion rate was a regional thing and didn't try to find the rate for a 4 BR week conversion, but would guess that it would be a bit less than twice the 2 BR rate. What RCI/Wyndham winds up doing with these weeks is renting them out through Extra Holidays or by other means; if there are two 2 BR weeks they can rent twice, but if it's a single 4 BR week only once and the demand might be lower depending on the week.

There are other options you could use if you really get into maximizing your travel value. For example, this last year I deposited my 2021 weeks at Woodstone into RCI, converted them to WorldMark credits using the Exchange Plus program (cost = 2 * $129) and got 16,000 plus 2 Housekeeping tokens and 2 guest certificates, reserved a week in a high demand resort with the 16,000 credits, 1 Housekeeping token, and a need for 1 guest certificate, deposited that week into ThirdHome for 9 keys and exchanged 6 keys for a week at the Ritz-Carlton on St Thomas next April for an exchange fee of $995. The week there will wind up costing me ~$2K without accounting for the extra ThirdHome keys and WorldMark tokens I have leftover; it beats my MFs for Westin St John in the same month and I'm pretty confident it's lower than the actual costs for an owner at the Ritz there.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I believe @tschwa2 may find @Eric B ’s post above interesting. Not long ago she was discussing more weeks inventory appearing in RCIWeeks that is not available from a RCIPoints account.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Enjoying my VV TS. My VV Williamsburg week 33 gets 102k II pts per 2BR

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My 2BR, week 33 VV Williamsburg netted three (3) exchanges totaling eleven (11) nights. Note: I probably could have gotten twelve (12) nights, but it didn't work within my or my wife's work schedule. VV Williamsburg, week 33 gets me 102k II pts for $440, or about $4.3/1k II pts.

1) Cape Winds Resort
CWR
Unit: 16 (1 Bedroom)
Week: 41
Sat, October 10, 2020
Fri, October 16, 2020
II pts: 44k (saved $230 over pro rata MF, even including II exchange fee)

2) Boardwalk Resort and Villas
TRW
Unit: VILLA1 (1 Bedroom)
Week: 45
Sat, November 07, 2020
Mon, November 09, 2020
II pts: 11k (saved $50 over pro rata MF, even including II exchange fee)

3) Vacation Village at Williamsburg
WLM
Unit: 80B (2 Bedrooms)
Week: 17
Fri, April 23, 2021
Mon, April 26, 2021
II pts: 42k (saved $100 over pro rata MF, even including II exchange fee)

Last edited:

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I took a look at this listing. Lol. I don’t know what to do with this many extra points. I currently own a 4 bedroom Vacation Village at Williamsburg and it is pulling great exchanges in II. I plan to pay my 2022 MF early (next month), then deposit next year’s week into RCI. Pay the fee to deposit it as a point deposit. A one time fee less than $100 for RCI to convert my week to point during deposit. I called RCI to ask how many points they would give me for the 27 TPU but the rep couldn’t really tell. I guess I will wait to see. I’m on a hunt for an every other year 61k one bedroom GV. But the prices that people are asking makes me wonder if it’s really worth it. I might not even be able to use all these damn weeks in a year.
@Priscilla why don’t you deposit each 2BR for 25 TPU? You’d probably get more pts that way as well.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My 2BR VV Williamsburg also got the following Hilton Head. Ugh. Although I'm happy, after I booked on April 30, a Mariott HHI entry showed up on May 2.

Ocean View at Island Club
OVW
Unit: 10106 (2 Bedrooms)
Week: 35
Sat, August 28, 2021
Sat, September 04, 2021
Resort usually charges $900MF for a two bedroom. With $210 II exchange fee and $440 VV Williamsburg MF, I still saved $250.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow. I had no idea. Will definitely do.
If you deposit each 2BR as RCI pts, it will be $200, but you'd get about 147k RCI pts. In contract, if you deposit a 4BR as RCI pts, it'll be $100, but you'd only get about 80k RCI pts.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Eric B are you sure each 2BR gets 19 TPU instead of 25? I’m getting 25 TPU each 2BR, as attached.

Attachments

• E27862D8-8634-4F9E-8B24-C422837748CC.png
    E27862D8-8634-4F9E-8B24-C422837748CC.png
    114 KB · Views: 38

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
@Priscilla, do you already have an RCI points account due to another ownership? If not, converting the weeks to points wouldn't be an option. If so, the Points for Deposit fee is currently $26 per week converted. You generally get 60,500 RCI points for a 2 BR week in the Mid-Atlantic region, IIRC; not sure what it is for a 4 BR.

If you only have weeks, you'll do better depositing separately, but the cost to combine the weeks if you need to is $154 for a 12 month expiration or $231 with a 24 month expiration for the combined deposit (from the date of combination). Best to decide whether to combine strategically based on what you'll plan to use them for and any other stray TPUs you have.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Eric B are you sure each 2BR gets 19 TPU instead of 25? I’m getting 25 TPU each 2BR, as attached.

That's what they gave me for my 2022 week deposits. They do adjust things periodically and demand has risen since I deposited, so I may have missed out on some TPUs. C'est la vie. I make up for it elsewhere....

Aquilina1990

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten
My deeded time share I am selling at Massanutten has trading power with RCI. Is that different than points? I have floating weeks on even years.

Disclosure: I am not the seller, do not know who is, and have no financial stake in this. [If I did I would use my credits and list it on TUG.]

Massanutten Woodstone 4BR prime summer red weeks enrolled in RCI Points are a rare find. I keep an eye out and see one sell on eBay at the rate of less than one a year. There is a week 28 for sale

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
My deeded time share I am selling at Massanutten has trading power with RCI. Is that different than points? I have floating weeks on even years.
Yes, it’s different. If your massanutten is a fixed week unit it will trade in RCI with TPU. If it’s enrolled in RCI points then you’d receive a point value for the unit.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Massanutten also has fixed and float weeks in sections other than Woodstone and regal vistas that are in the weeks (tpu's) program and not rci points.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
There is an eBay auction now where they are giving a $400 gift card for someone to take a summer week 25 at Woodstone and 2022 MFs do not need to be reimbursed. It looks like the 2BR units that lock-off into 2 1BR units.

It is not enrolled in points, but I would have thought it could at least be given away or sold for $1. The postcard company must have an incentive to move it fast.

Note: I have no connection to the eBay auction and certainly am in no position to be familiar with the quality of the seller that has a 75% positive feedback rating.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There is an eBay auction now where they are giving a $400 gift card for someone to take a summer week 25 at Woodstone and 2022 MFs do not need to be reimbursed. It looks like the 2BR units that lock-off into 2 1BR units.

It is not enrolled in points, but I would have thought it could at least be given away or sold for $1. The postcard company must have an incentive to move it fast.

Note: I have no connection to the eBay auction and certainly am in no position to be familiar with the quality of the seller that has a 75% positive feedback rating.
There weren't any bids. Guess people thought it was too good to be true

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Or there is just not that much demand for them to begin with.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Or there is just not that much demand for them to begin with.
Not much demand for fixed weeks, with the exception of CWQ

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Not much demand for fixed weeks, with the exception of CWQ
Especially summer weeks which are 150 TDI. Great low cost trader. We love our week 26 unit. We previously owned week 23; don't really see a difference in trading power between the 2. I've always said it's the little timeshare that could...it definitely punches above its weight for trading.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Especially summer weeks which are 150 TDI. Great low cost trader. We love our week 26 unit. We previously owned week 23; don't really see a difference in trading power between the 2. I've always said it's the little timeshare that could...it definitely punches above its weight for trading.
I’d just worry if it left Interval.

What can is see at MGK? I wonder if it’s better than my SVV. I’m only pulling studios

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I’d just worry if it left Interval.
Don't see that happening. We've owned since it was with II only. We can currently use II or RCI (or even SFX). It's also good for PIC; I don't know what that means outside of being able to be used in other systems for points. I think it's Wyndham, but I could be wrong.
What can is see at MGK? I wonder if it’s better than my SVV. I’m only pulling studios
I see a 2BR and 1Br in June, 1BR in July and December.

Update: Had info on MGC, but it must have been a glitch. Can see all with MGC as well.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Don't see that happening. We've owned since it was with II only. We can currently use II or RCI (or even SFX). It's also good for PIC; I don't know what that means outside of being able to be used in other systems for points. I think it's Wyndham, but I could be wrong.

Don't know. Will check then update this post.
There is a post in sightings for Mgk… would be good to add it there so others can know what’s not in Marriott/Vistana preference?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Interesting. I didn’t know the colonies were sold as points. We’re existing owners targeted to convert to points?
Yes, we had an opportunity to convert to points. Didn't take it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, we had an opportunity to convert to points. Didn't take it.
How many points would it have converted to and how much was the cost? I may be mistaken, but once you convert to RCI points, it can no longer be enrolled in interval as well?