• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

resale from redweek

Nsivertsen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
be very careful when purchasing a timeshare from redweek. we are owners at villa del palmar flamingos (as our home resort) but have the option of using any of 4 others that they own. However we love flamingos in Nueva Vallerta and go there yearly. we had a chance to purchase an additional week . The listing shows only flamingos with all descriptions we agreed on a price and when contracts came through it wasnt even flamingos but one of the other resorts listed as a home resort and possibly could not even use the week at flamingos this was in very small print in the contract so of course we cancelled. this might have been a good deal if anybody wanted to purchase at other resorts as a group membership but this should have been stated in the listing. So beware!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Caveat emptor is always good advice in the often seedy world of timeshare sales.

That includes not only Redweek -- and not only resales.

OP's due diligence prevented a really bad result and acts as a good reminder why research and estoppels are essential.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
be very careful when purchasing a timeshare from redweek. we are owners at villa del palmar flamingos (as our home resort) but have the option of using any of 4 others that they own. However we love flamingos in Nueva Vallerta and go there yearly. we had a chance to purchase an additional week . The listing shows only flamingos with all descriptions we agreed on a price and when contracts came through it wasnt even flamingos but one of the other resorts listed as a home resort and possibly could not even use the week at flamingos this was in very small print in the contract so of course we cancelled. this might have been a good deal if anybody wanted to purchase at other resorts as a group membership but this should have been stated in the listing. So beware!

All of the membership types of the Villa Group have access to Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Cabo, Arco and Cancun. The difference is that premiere memberships can only reserve 10 months out at all resorts and 24 months at their home resort.

Bill

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Caveat emptor is always good advice in the often seedy world of timeshare sales.

That includes not only Redweek -- and not only resales.

OP's due diligence prevented a really bad result and acts as a good reminder why research and estoppels are essential.
I’m a lawyer and spend most of my time representing doctors. It never ceases to amaze me how many people, including doctors, just sign stuff without reading it. Fortunately this buyer actually READ the contract.

Do not trust anyone to protect you. Read your contracts and ask questions.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I’m a lawyer and spend most of my time representing doctors. It never ceases to amaze me how many people, including doctors, just sign stuff without reading it.
= Job Security!!!

Do not trust anyone to protect you. Read your contracts and ask questions.

I would add specifically that one should read any program guidelines and rules available on the timeshare system and discussions on TUG about it before buying a timeshare. The contract might say that you can book anywhere in the system at 10 months, as mentioned by @easyrider about the Villa Group, but that is only as good as a benefit as the availability at the particular resort and the particular time of year is; in some systems all of the high demand dates and locations are gone before that type of availability opens up to folks that down have priority booking rights there and then.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think incorrect postings on resale websites done by owners are just an indication that people have no idea what they own. They know that the salesperson promised them a lot, but they cannot really separate the fact of what they bought with the fiction told them by the salesperson.