• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Requesting an RCI week using banked weeks

TSNotSure

Reaction score
Called today to get a summer week in the Northwest. Never done it before. I have banked weeks in each of the colors. When I called I inquired about availability, did not discuss week color.

They will advise if anything opens up, as full now 5 month out. Is that normal, and is it common that something will open up between now and then?

I see people getting weeks for 28K points, which I also have banked. How or who determines what point number week it will take? If the resort is red for that week, do they automatically take the red banked week, or can I request a lower point week be used?

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called today to get a summer week in the Northwest. Never done it before. I have banked weeks in each of the colors. When I called I inquired about availability, did not discuss week color.

They will advise if anything opens up, as full now 5 month out. Is that normal, and is it common that something will open up between now and then?

I see people getting weeks for 28K points, which I also have banked. How or who determines what point number week it will take? If the resort is red for that week, do they automatically take the red banked week, or can I request a lower point week be used?

You are trying to get Superbowl reservations 4 days in advance for $100. It's almost impossible unless someone cancels and you call in at the exact moment.

For 28K exchanges in high demand areas at peak time, your best bet is TWO YEARS in advance with an ongoing search.

If you did not make an ongoing search, you will never hear from RCI. It is unlikely something will open up. If it does it most likely will be at 45 days, 14 days or 7 days. You can make backup hotel reservations and pray.

Use the red banked week and try to switch the deposit after you confirm.

28K is almost always an internal exchange into a WYN resort or an increasingly rare bulk spacebank or something like Hilton Head in January.

What deposit it takes for an exchange is an RCI secret, more closely guarded than the formula for Coca-Cola.

Stan