• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Request for Marriott's Custom House

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I made an II request last night for the Marriott's Custom House. ( Yes, I am one of the few owners of Wyndham Points trading in II, I own at Royal Vista )
I have been able to pick up 5 Marriott exchanges in the last year during Flexchange or thru XYZs. These properties were showing up available on general searches. I was wondering if anyone knows if my ongoing search is likely to yield anything. I know Wyndham does not trade well for Marriott in general. I am using a 2 br to request a 1 br. My deposit will expire in Jan,2013.
I may have to add other resorts to the request later.
My request is pending and Wyndham claims II has not contacted them about my deposit. The Custom House was available for Feb and March dates. Too cold for me. I am trying for mid-Sept -mid-October.
May would have been great, but we have other plans.
Anyone else that owns Wyndham in II have any experience with ongoing searches for a Marriott exchange?

lisa1001

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never had a Marriott ongoing request honored. I've had two and both times I received calls from II saying there were no Marriotts available, but they had something else in area.

Both times I got what I wanted (Newport Beach and Phuket Thailand), by watching every day at about 5:00 am EST.

My paranoia says they don't even attempt to match the higher end Marriotts with Wyndham. Or it could be that I'm impatient.

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never had a Marriott ongoing request honored. I've had two and both times I received calls from II saying there were no Marriotts available, but they had something else in area.

Both times I got what I wanted (Newport Beach and Phuket Thailand), by watching every day at about 5:00 am EST.

My paranoia says they don't even attempt to match the higher end Marriotts with Wyndham. Or it could be that I'm impatient.

I am thinking the same thing. I get Marriotts often in Flexchange or for XYZs.
If Marriott dumps and they are available it is no problem. Marriott's Custom House sounds cool and it is the only II resort in the city of Boston.

Hopefully, I will pick it up in Flexchange if I do not get my request. Boston is never on the XYZ grid.