• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Requalified Post-August 9, 2022 Voluntary Week

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I finally finished up the process for requalifying a voluntary week at Lagunamar through a purchase I made after August; I owned the week prior to that but it was not then in VSN. Once I returned the paperwork to Vistana it promptly showed up as StarOptions for this year rather than a week of eligibility. In addition, it shows up as being enrolled in Abound; I was not entirely sure it would and had made the minimum purchase to get me over the cusp for Chairman's Club (which I already seemed to have, though I don't think I had enough electable Club Points to achieve). The additional electable points don't change my benefit level, of course, but they are my most inexpensive Club Points (aside from the PlusPoints I've won in the Abound Contest). Aside from the IT issues they've got, I'm pretty happy with MVW/Vistana right now.

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally finished up the process for requalifying a voluntary week at Lagunamar through a purchase I made after August; I owned the week prior to that but it was not then in VSN. Once I returned the paperwork to Vistana it promptly showed up as StarOptions for this year rather than a week of eligibility. In addition, it shows up as being enrolled in Abound; I was not entirely sure it would and had made the minimum purchase to get me over the cusp for Chairman's Club (which I already seemed to have, though I don't think I had enough electable Club Points to achieve). The additional electable points don't change my benefit level, of course, but they are my most inexpensive Club Points (aside from the PlusPoints I've won in the Abound Contest). Aside from the IT issues they've got, I'm pretty happy with MVW/Vistana right now.
Did you re qualify a 2bd platinum plus for 10k?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Just a studio. That’s all we use there and the $/Cub Point is great (~$.30).

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you make that calculation? Is it MF/club points?

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
club point MF for lagunamar is about. .36 cents for a 2dm plat. I actually think the 1 bedrooms may be lower. They sold lagunamar as 2bds, 1bds, and studios. I don’t know how many Westin properties did it that way. I think WDW and KOR are just kickoffs, except for those standalone come bedrooms in KOR.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How do you make that calculation? Is it MF/club points?
That’s right; it gets 2250 Club Points for MF $663.08, or ~$0.295 per Club Point. I'm not including the Club Fees for comparability and because it didn't change my benefit level.

Edited to add the current fees after looking them up.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
That’s right; it gets 2250 Club Points for MF $663.08, or ~$0.295 per Club Point. I'm not including the Club Fees for comparability and because it didn't change my benefit level.

Edited to add the current fees after looking them up.
Do I understand correctly, is the MF for a 2Bd LO or the 1Bd Plat+ at Lagunamar that is $663 and gets 2250 CPs?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

chanakya

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you purchase a voluntary week now, can you still requalify by purchasing additional week/points from developer?

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you purchase a voluntary week now, can you still requalify by purchasing additional week/points from developer?
Somebody posted a few days ago that they had just completed a transaction doing exactly that.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Somebody posted a few days ago that they had just completed a transaction doing exactly that.
What I actually posted was that I just completed a transaction requalifying a voluntary week I owned prior to August 2022. It probably doesn't change things, though - my guess is that under the policy that was in place when I made the purchase to requalify the voluntary week they would have done it for a more recent purchase. It was back in September, though, and things could change.