• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting from a renter. Can you do this?

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looking at the rentals offered board and it looks like someone who secured a rental from another member is now trying to rent the last night to someone else (correct me if I am wrong -- Bonnet Creek) . Just out of curiosity, it this allowed? Also, how would the regular TUG members who rent out Wyndham TS's feel if someone that they rented to did this?

It doesn't affect me a bit, just wondering.

Mark

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looking at the rentals offered board and it looks like someone who secured a rental from another member is now trying to rent the last night to someone else (correct me if I am wrong -- Bonnet Creek) . Just out of curiosity, it this allowed? Also, how would the regular TUG members who rent out Wyndham TS's feel if someone that they rented to did this?

It doesn't affect me a bit, just wondering.

Mark

I wouldn't touch it. They can't get a guest certificate in your name, so the only way it would work is if you came to the unit before they left, to pick up the key cards. It's not a smart move on their part, either, since you could trash the room and leave them with the bill.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If the owner will cooperate, it is certainly possible.

If they won't cooperate, it can't be done, because Wyndham will not allow the renter to change the name on the confirmation to the new renter - only the owner can do that.

* This may be a situation where the renter can't go, and the owner has agreed to let them find another renter.

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise,

I could see that as an option. Most likely not in this case though. This rental was for 12/25 - 12/29 and the person that rented it is seeking to rent for the final night, which is tonight.

Mark

If the owner will cooperate, it is certainly possible.

If they won't cooperate, it can't be done, because Wyndham will not allow the renter to change the name on the confirmation to the new renter - only the owner can do that.

* This may be a situation where the renter can't go, and the owner has agreed to let them find another renter.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

It reads to me that the original renter took 7 days but needed 6, so is wanting to sublet the 7th day.

I would just feel icky about meeting someone to grab the keycards from them, though they could add the OPs names onto the unit when they check in, so long as both parties don't exceed max occupancy. Also, the unit will not have been cleaned, unless cleaned by the original renter.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It reads to me that the original renter took 7 days but needed 6, so is wanting to sublet the 7th day.

I would just feel icky about meeting someone to grab the keycards from them, though they could add the OPs names onto the unit when they check in, so long as both parties don't exceed max occupancy. Also, the unit will not have been cleaned, unless cleaned by the original renter.

The renter could pay for extra housekeeping. I guess it depends on how desperate the 2nd renter is for accommodations for one night.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or the new renter adds it to their existing stay and not have to leave their unit. The resort would have to be on board for that.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The owner is probably me in this case, if not it is quite a coincidence

The original reservation was a 3 part split reservation 3 nights checking in on the 22nd, 3 nights checking in on the 25th and one night , tonight

I just got a call from my guest who asked me to put a different guest on for tonight, so I did.. They paid the extra $100 guest confirm and as a VIP I get unlimited housecleaning (remember it was a separate reservation)

I was paid fairly for the reservation, Its my guest's to use as they like. I dont care who sleeps in the room. Since they paid the $100 guest fee, Im comfortable that this was done on the up and up... no one met anyone behind the dumpster for the keys

Last edited:

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,

As the OP, I was not trying to cause any problems at all. No explanation necessary. As I said, I was just wondering, none of my business. As I suspected, there seems to a reason to the madness with Wyndham rentals. You, and the others here seem to have it mastered. I am glad it works for all of you.

Mark

The owner is probably me in this case, if not it is quite a coincidence

The original reservation was a 3 part split reservation 3 nights checking in on the 22nd, 3 nights checking in on the 25th and one night , tonight

I just got a call from my guest who asked me to put a different guest on for tonight, so I did.. They paid the extra $100 guest confirm and as a VIP I get unlimited housecleaning (remember it was a separate reservation)

I was paid fairly for the reservation, Its my guest's to use as they like. I dont care who sleeps in the room. Since they paid the $100 guest fee, Im comfortable that this was done on the up and up... no one met anyone behind the dumpster for the keys

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,

As the OP, I was not trying to cause any problems at all. No explanation necessary. As I said, I was just wondering, none of my business. As I suspected, there seems to a reason to the madness with Wyndham rentals. You, and the others here seem to have it mastered. I am glad it works for all of you.

Mark

I understand Mark

But there was a fair amount of speculation here. I just wanted to add some facts

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand Mark

But there was a fair amount of speculation here. I just wanted to add some facts

And certainly a different scenario than originally understood. The "owner" assigning a new GC at the request of the renter is different from the renter "just"
finding a renter for the additional night.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And certainly a different scenario than originally understood. The "owner" assigning a new GC at the request of the renter is different from the renter "just"
finding a renter for the additional night.

the renter did "just find someone to rent their last night to" then they got me involved. This was really a unique situation in that their last night was a stand alone reservation. Im always available to my renters but I wouldnt have been able to help if it was the last night of a 7 night stay... That would have been a key handed off behind the dumpster, not something a care about but not something I could help with.... they would have been on their own for that one.

I do know an owner that rented out a unit he had reserved. He gave his guest the key and he slept in his van in the parking lot. I think their deal was he got to use one of the bathrooms.... not my style