• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rent out week or points 2021

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
What would you do? I have 2 gold weeks for Marbella Beach Resort to rent next year - 2021. Converting to points and renting the points is easier but it’s less income than renting the weeks but not sure there will be as much demand next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I have 5950 points for the 2 weeks and not sure what they will rent for as will be loads on the market I suspect, so maybe lower end would be 0.55 cents so 3272$ in total. In rentals of the weeks “typically” you could get up to 2000€ per week so that would be about 4300$ but don’t believe that would be easily achieved next year.

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
What would you do? I have 2 gold weeks for Marbella Beach Resort to rent next year - 2021. Converting to points and renting the points is easier but it’s less income than renting the weeks but not sure there will be as much demand next year!

Are these 2020 usage that you can elect fot points and bank into 2021? This means you'll have to use them by Dec 31st 2021?
If it were me I'd elect for points. You could then either use them for a holiday or rent them out.
I don't think I'd be giving anything to Fabtimeshare.com for rental right now. They have tons of weeks on their site currently available and people will probably still be cautious next year.

Good luck

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Are these 2020 usage that you can elect fot points and bank into 2021? This means you'll have to use them by Dec 31st 2021?
If it were me I'd elect for points. You could then either use them for a holiday or rent them out.
I don't think I'd be giving anything to Fabtimeshare.com for rental right now. They have tons of weeks on their site currently available and people will probably still be cautious next year.

Good luck

They are 2021 points!

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I still think your points would rent out for .60 to .65 per point. So that puts you at $3600-$3900.
Since you have the ability to bank points forward, I’d still go the point rout me compared to the weeks.

Thank you this is my feeling but rather have some expert opinions, like yourself. Many thanks!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
2021 will be the year where getting reservations with points will be difficult. Many 2020 points will be banked creating an over supply of points needing to be used by the end of 2021. I would reserve your home week and deposit with II, especially if it is a lock off where you can deposit both sides.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
2021 will be the year where getting reservations with points will be difficult. Many 2020 points will be banked creating an over supply of points needing to be used by the end of 2021. I would reserve your home week and deposit with II, especially if it is a lock off where you can deposit both sides.

Very valid point. But then I can’t rent them either and won’t have the need to rent them?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very valid point. But then I can’t rent them either and won’t have the need to rent them?

but

Not necessarily valid, the reason is they would be 2021 points, you could bank them for 2022. You wouldn't necessarily have to rent them at all, you could use them in 2021 or 2022. But you could rent them. I guess it depends on the why of renting. Note renting banked points is a little tougher as you have to make the reservation instead of transferring points since you can't transfer banked points.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
In addition to the above, with the points, you could even bank them to 2022, book a good ressie and rent that ressie out if you wish. Many more options with the points.

joenortel

Reaction score
Sorry, newbie here, where is the beat place to rent points?