• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Remembering Sept 11, 2001

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hard to believe it been 7 years. It is one of those things which stays in your heart and mind even many years later.

Let us never forget

911banner.jpg

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just responded to this but it's not showing up?? Sorry if it gets duplicated.

We just stood at Ground Zero three weeks ago, while on vacation. It's still so unbelievable.
We will always remember!

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this reminder on TUG Bill.

I still remember the sinking feeling of sadness, fear and anxiety when I was watching the morning news that tragic morning.

May we always remember those who passed, those who served and those who continue to serve to keep us safe.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What I remember is us finally deciding to drive from California to East Coast one week later (our flight was cancelled) and seeing flags hanging from overpasses, cement mixers with the flag painted on their body; cars with flags blowing in the wind -- an immense 'come together' spirit. We ended up in Marriott's Boston Custom House where we could see the airport where some of the terrorists took off. Still brings chills to my spine. :bawl:

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are Pics of Ground Zero from my NY trip. My girlfriend was our guide and we were lucky she woke up feeling sick that morning or she would not be with us today.
g01.jpg

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
One more pic

g0.jpg

Ground 0 ...

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Let us also not forget the third airliner that crashed into the Pentagon and the fourth plane that crashed into a field near Shanksville in rural Somerset County, Pennsylvania, after some of its passengers and flight crew attempted to retake control of the plane.

topcop400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Wyndham Old Town Alexandria
........ and the fourth plane that crashed into a field near Shanksville in rural Somerset County, Pennsylvania, after some of its passengers and flight crew attempted to retake control of the plane.

The very first counter-attack, orchestrated by Todd Beamer, who said the Lord's Prayer with a telephone operator, followed by: "Let's Roll". Those people are heroes who saved our US Capitol.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I still can't watch the news reports of that day without feeling sick to my stomach and emotionally distraught.

I think that is it worse is some ways than many other pivotal events in history. It changed our world, and there is video that captured that day, captured it forever. Those videos, happening as a live feed, not only told the story, but made you feel like you were in those locations with those events. I wasn't there physically, but I was there emotionally. I can only image the feelings of those who were there physically.

It will be a day I never ever forget, but a day I wish I never reaaly want to remember.

S

Steamboat Bill

I am still saddened by that day and I can't believe that it will take 10 years to put a memorial in NYC