• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Registered mail from Canada to PA?

chicklet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how reliable this service is? My husband (who is in the doghouse at this moment) sent a certified check to another tugger for a rental by registered mail from Canada to the states. It requires a signature. Tracking shows that the envelope arrived in the destination country on Dec. 4 and i have not been able to find out where it is? Does it usually take this long to get to PA??? The tracking service people are on strike so there is limited information and once it leaves Canada i am not sure how to find anything else?? The tugger has been patient but i am sure anxious to get the check as I am to finalize my vacation. Just hoping to hear some happy endings to this adventure....and hopefully my husband can get out of the doghouse.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a register in Ontario, Canada to NJ letter 6+ weeks ago. Show it left Canada the next day and it took a WEEK to arrive at my NJ post office. Had the PO staff called my cell when it arrived ... (ok, they either like me or fear me:) ).

Took a week - 7 days. Really. And my post office has twice a day deliveries from the regional mail center and serves about 80% business.

Hope this helps...

chicklet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks that helps...i still can't believe that it would take that long to get to PA. I told my husband i could have walked!! I'm having a hard time getting excited about our vacation until the tugger receives our certified check...i was going to send it fed ex before my husband thought of his great idea of sending it through the postal service....so until they receive the check he is out in the cold. The tugger was told on Friday that it could be another 3-5 days...WTH????

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm also having problems with my registered letter. Mine is supposed to go from Illinois to Florida, sent registered priority mail. Should take approx. 3 days, it's been a week & nothing. I checked it online - problems, than I called & they could not tell me anything....

Marsha

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
In The Doghouse

Just wondering how reliable this service is? My husband (who is in the doghouse at this moment) sent a certified check to another tugger for a rental by registered mail from Canada to the states. It requires a signature. Tracking shows that the envelope arrived in the destination country on Dec. 4 and i have not been able to find out where it is? Does it usually take this long to get to PA??? The tracking service people are on strike so there is limited information and once it leaves Canada i am not sure how to find anything else?? The tugger has been patient but i am sure anxious to get the check as I am to finalize my vacation. Just hoping to hear some happy endings to this adventure....and hopefully my husband can get out of the doghouse.

Let us know when your husband gets out of the doghouse....

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the time of year has something to do with it as well.

If your husband is in the doghouse, he might appreciate this video - it's a bit long but hilarious and might give him some ideas on escaping!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTg6YB2PRA

Bev

chicklet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love that video!!! Husband is still in doghouse since the money has yet to arrive in PA. I'm not even talking about it to him since i am so angry.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used registered mail ALL the time (5-10 times a month). As I only get mail at my post office box, it is more secure than a light weight cardboard mailer stuck in my door. Plus, if I am NOT home for a signature required - I don't have to drive to where ever to run and fetch. And the costs are much less than other services, as I don't have to use Express Mail.

Also, I would NEVER want to cross paths with a US postal inspector who enjoys their job.:)

JMO,

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chicklet

Why is your husband in the doghouse ?? seems to me it should be the postal service in the doghouse and not him, as he was being careful. :wave:

chicklet

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reason he is in the doghouse is that he should know that during Christmas season sending anything...certified check through the postal service is iffy. Plus they told him that the tracking people were on strike. If it was me (i would never have sent it through postal service..was going to send it ups, fedex anything that gave me a 3 day delivery) and someone told me that somewhere along the journey there was a strike i wouldn't go that route. All i asked him to do that day was get the certified check....i guess i will not let him out of the house!!hahaha

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did the exact thing last year except mine was sent to Canada... it took forever and there was no way to track where it was. Little did I know and did not ask before mailing it. It did get there but it was so very slow. I posted back then about it also.

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
In February, 2007, I placed an ad on RedWeek.com and quickly rented two of our Royal Resorts Cancun weeks, with April check-in dates, to a couple from Toronto. It is one of the few times I did so on just on a phone conversation, without any formal paperwork. I knew I could trust these people and they felt the same way about me.

Although I said that a personal check sent by regular mail would be fine, they sent a certified bank check by certified mail from Toronto to New York, basically to prove to me how serious they were about renting the weeks. Well, it took four weeks for the check to arrive. We kept in touch by phone, and neither of us was able to get any answers as to where the envelope was at a given time, nor when we could expect it to arrive.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Registered Mail can take forever. My undersstanding is that a Postal employee has to sign for it at every stop along the way. I believe that it also has to be put in the safe at each PO until it is moved along. If true, there must be multiple places for it to get hung up between Canada and the US. The plus is that I have never heard of Registered Mail getting lost.

George

chicklet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies...i have emailed the tugger who i am renting from and we will give it to Wed. then i will probably pay by paypal and she would send the certified check back when it finally arrives. I am glad that it is a fellow tugger who has been here awhile and i feel i could trust otherwise i am out alot of money! Trying to think positive and get excited about our upcoming vacation!

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
It took 2 weeks plus but do not recall exactly. Here was my post back then -http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62386

*I looked back into my old emails and he recieved it on the 15th day.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
That would probably be good for a deposit, but if I were the TS owner I wouldn't want to lose the % that PayPal takes out.

They only charge fees on your transactions if you accept credit cards on your paypal account. If you do not accept credit cards then there are NO FEES.

I get around this my having 1 paypal in my husbands name that accepts only cash transactions. I have 1 paypal in my name that accepts only credit card transactions.

That way I can handle both situations and only pay for accepting credit cards on that account.

chicklet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update....cheque finally arrived in PA after leaving Ontario, Canada Dec. 1. I'm just glad it arrived and i can relax and prepare for our vacation in Marco Island!!

chicklet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes he did get out of the doghouse on Sunday. I had to let it go. I just wanted him to figure out what the next step would be if it didn't arrive but he wasn't doing anything about it. Once we figured we would have to pay again by paypal i calmed down. He laughed at the Doghouse video but i didn't really want him to see what i had wrote on the forum when i was really angry with him!!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update....cheque finally arrived in PA after leaving Ontario, Canada Dec. 1.

My experience with Registered Mail is that the PO never loses it. Because of internal PO procedures to ensure it isn't lost, it takes a lot of time. I only use it for items with large values.

George