• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

redweek

suek

Reaction score
We have just been scammed on some Four Seasons Weeks and need the week in West Palm after Xmas. We have plane resevations and now no rooms. How do you know if a red week at Marriot Ocean Pointe is legit and for real. Thanks any one for some help. We have lost alot already. Sue

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

Are you saying you got scammed on Redweek.com? Please be a bit more specific.

Are you looking to rent or trade into ocean Pointe?

Terry

suek

Reaction score
Are you saying you got scammed on Redweek.com? Please be a bit more specific.

Are you looking to rent or trade into ocean Pointe?

Terry
The Four Season deal was not through Redweek. We have our timeshare week starting Jan 3rd. We found a week at Ocean Pointe for rent on redweek and that would solve our problem and give us the week before our timeshare starts. That would take the place of our Week at the Four Seasons that we were scammed. My daughter bought the week from a person on the internet and he claims the person he gets them from scammed him. We are having him investigated. There is the week we need available on Red week but we know nothing about Redweek and how to know if it is for real. The lady said she would give our name to Marriot for the week and they would send us a confirmation.We have to send her the check first. Is this how it should work?????? Thanks Sue We are at our beach house in Mich and our cable just went out. I will send this reply as soon as I can.

suek

Reaction score
The Four Season deal was not through Redweek. We have our timeshare week starting Jan 3rd. We found a week at Ocean Pointe for rent on redweek and that would solve our problem and give us the week before our timeshare starts. That would take the place of our Week at the Four Seasons that we were scammed. My daughter bought the week from a person on the internet and he claims the person he gets them from scammed him. We are having him investigated. There is the week we need available on Red week but we know nothing about Redweek and how to know if it is for real. The lady said she would give our name to Marriot for the week and they would send us a confirmation.We have to send her the check first. Is this how it should work?????? Thanks Sue We are at our beach house in Mich and our cable just went out. I will send this reply as soon as I can.
Sorry Terry, WE are trying to rent from Redweek. Sue

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI Redweek is a very reputable site that many Tuggers use often. I have rented my Christie Lodge timeshare on Redweek before and would not hesitate to rent from a Redweek listing.

Read this thread on how to rent a timeshare. Maybe it will give you some insite. Make sure you scroll down the page.

Terry

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have weeks listed to rent on REDWEEK. Email the listers and ask questions about the resorts; I always give out my phone number on emails. Look at anything within 30 miles of airports and on/near the beaches. Many things are getting rented, since Labor Day is past and the kids are back in school.

Points systems have confirmation numbers;week system have unit/week numbers. If ask, I will provide a tenant with 50/50 deal if enough time before checkin. (50% down immediately as first $$$ gets TS, reservation in tenant name, 50% 14 days after reservation in their name). I get tirekickers who want you to HOLD something til they check with everyone ...

Like the old saying, MONEY TALKS, OTHERS WALK. (OK, it goes somewhat like that:D )

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
The lady said she would give our name to Marriot for the week and they would send us a confirmation.We have to send her the check first. Is this how it should work??????

With Marriott, it is as simple as giving Marriott your information (with email info) and Marriott will send out a confirmation to you. I have done this with no issues... The owner of the Marriott Week will have to pay a nominal fee to Marriott (don't recall what that was)... Oh wait, the fee might only be if you also change the date... No fee for just a name change (I don't think).

suek

Reaction score
Thanks Linda and Terry for your help. Hopefully we have a deal. Sue

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
I list our ocean pointe weeks for rent on redweek. I do require that people send the check in the full amount and then I will change the confirmation. I encourage people to call me and chat so that we can each develop some trust. I have rented at least 6 units now by this method and hopefully will continue.