• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek Exchange

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Anyone ever done an exchange, or considered doing an exchange, thru Redweek? Now that I've done an II exchange I thought I'd see what else is out there. I know SFX is another option.

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. . . I completely disagree with the previous post. I have done several exchanges and love the lower fee and ability to rent my exchange in case our plans change. I also like having 3 years to make an exchange, especially with the current cost of airfare.

Jana

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I asked them to value my July 4th 2bdrm ocean front WKORV-N property and they offered a pitiful amount of points. When I complained, they wrote back and said they were constantly re-evaluating the point system and I was free to resubmit my request.

My impression was that they rolled out their program before they knew what they were doing. They may have gotten it together since then, but I didn't pay to renew my membership so I never got around to it.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. . . I completely disagree with the previous post. I have done several exchanges and love the lower fee and ability to rent my exchange in case our plans change. I also like having 3 years to make an exchange, especially with the current cost of airfare.

Jana

I check the inventory constantly and cannot find any quality units available that I can use. The mega renters flood the exchange with junk and pull out the good stuff to rent out.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I like Redweek, but I would never deposit a high-value week with Redweek or any other exchange company - period. But it is a great venue for trading up.

However, you have to be vigilant and check the website several times a day, because it's all online exchanging.

I've had the following exchanges in the last few months:

San Francisco, Powell Place - 1 bdm./1 bath, Aug. 1

Kauai, Marriott - 1 bdm./2 bath, Christmas week

Tahoe, Marriott - 2 bdm./2 bath, April 25

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Redweek, but I would never deposit a high-value week with Redweek or any other exchange company - period. But it is a great venue for trading up.

However, you have to be vigilant and check the website several times a day, because it's all online exchanging.

I've had the following exchanges in the last few months:

San Francisco, Powell Place - 1 bdm./1 bath, Aug. 1

Kauai, Marriott - 1 bdm./2 bath, Christmas week

Tahoe, Marriott - 2 bdm./2 bath, April 25

Denise , Did you deposit a unit first to see those exchanges? I'm still not seeing anything I can use deposited for exchange on Redweek.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't think it makes any difference whether you have a week deposited or not - since Redweek is all online (no request first option) what you see is everything available. In other words, everyone can see everything deposited. It's not like II or RCI where you can only see certain deposits. All weeks deposited show up online.

I have Redweek linked in my toolbar and I check it several times a day. If I see something I like, I grab it quick! The good deposits don't last long and the early bird gets the exchange!

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
This is all great feedback -- thanks! I'm getting one of my properties "quoted" now, and I might try another one of a radically different size and week, just to see what comes up.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have Redweek linked in my toolbar and I check it several times a day. If I see something I like, I grab it quick! The good deposits don't last long and the early bird gets the exchange!

Which site at Redweek do you exactly have in your toolbar to get a fast overview about available exchanges?

I always find it quite painful to search for available exchanges on redweek...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't search for particular resorts. I just look at the whole list for CA, NV, and HI.

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
I check the inventory constantly and cannot find any quality units available that I can use. The mega renters flood the exchange with junk and pull out the good stuff to rent out.

I don't know of any facts to support the mega-renters statement. However, if you consider it a negative to deposit a couple of smaller, less demanded, or off season weeks to exchange up for a more desirable week, I guess I'm guilty. I just don't see the problem because with a point system it's all currency. On the flip side, I deposited a 2BR lockoff Grand Mayan and received a bundle of points with which I was able to exchange into four smaller (studio and 1br) weeks. So it really works both ways.

I would agree that the prime weeks go fast, just like with any other exchange company. I receive an email sent to my cel phone every morning at 6:30 CST with the new available exchanges.

Just my opinion. Jana