• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recommended DVC Resale Sites?

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

The search feature isn't working for me today, so sorry if this is a repost. :)

Is there a list of recommended resale sites for DVC points?

I'm looking at the VGC, since I live in the West coast and likely will visit Disneyland more often than Disney World. Plus, Ill likely swap between checking out Aulani and going to FL.

I've looked at the point charts and based on what I'm looking at, I'm think I'll want to buy between 300-350 points.

My questions.
  • Is it better to find a single resale in that range that I want or to pick up multiple 'smaller' contracts that add up?
  • Does anyone know the current 'going rate' for points @ VGC are?

Thanks for your time!
-Nico

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is very difficult to find VGC on the resale market. You will most likely need to buy several contracts.

Current going rate for resales are $88. - $100. per point. Buying direct (on waitlist) is $130. per point.

These are the "big 4" DVC resale companies:

dvcbyresale.com
dvc-resale.com
resalesdvc.com
fidelityresales.com

A benefit to buying more than one contract is if you need to downsize later. Small contracts sell quicker and higher rates. A downside is that you will have to pay closing costs several times.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a 160 pt VGC from Fidelity last summer. I paid $85/pt with all 2011 and 2012 points. I paid MF and Closing. It was listed at $95. Disney has been ROFRing at this level since September. Right after mine passed, two got ROFRd for the same price. You can check out the ROFR thread on DIS boards for a better idea on going price and whats passing.

Presley is correct, with the limited availability you might just have to take what you can get. I'm a fan of smaller 150-200 pt contracts anyway. You'll pay more for two of them, but they're easier to get rid of if you need to. If you have kids who want them later, two is easier than one.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what do y'all think of this one.

220pts @ $95/pt

Anniversary date is June. I would be receiving 191 banked points from 2011 + the 220pts on 6/2012

I looked at the disboards, and it looks like the offers that haven't been ROFR'd were between 88 and 95. They were asking more for the one above but they said they'd go down to $95/point.

There was a smaller block of 130 @ $89/pt but it only had 9pts for 2012.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its not too bad, The banked points are worth it almost $10/point so your true price is about $85/pt. That is assumming your going to reimburse for 2012 MF and your paying closing. I think you could get Price per point a little lower, but then you'd be flirting with the ROFR monkey.

I say if it fits what you want, and you can afford it go for it. In the long run if you make good use of it, a $1000 is nothing.