• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

recently purchased an HGVC timeshare. Should I rescind? [merged]

jhoney004

Reaction score
well I've mailed the rescission packet and it should arrive tomorrow afternoon.

we signed paperwork friday and what i found said we had till midnight on the fifth calendar day to rescind so....wednesday right?

i was going to fax the same info to their QA manager (who led us through the contract and told us where to sign on friday) till everyone said not to. I was just trying to make sure they received our notice in time knowing i shouldn't be answering any calls from las vegas for a few weeks.

I'll update when I hear back from them.

Reaction score
I am the blessed new owner of a 3400 eoy contract for the same resort you purchased and I got it off the bargain deal thread for just the $399 needed to start the new hilton acct. I went to a presentation there too this past summer and they tried to sell me the very same contract for 15k. I am so grateful!!! I know there may be some drawback with the number of points and eoy but I am very happy and grateful. I have noticed ebay has quite a few like the one I just got too but they do ask for all the other fees to be paid by new owner. Good Luck!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
.... I was just trying to make sure they received our notice in time knowing i shouldn't be answering any calls from las vegas for a few weeks.

I'll update when I hear back from them.

It does not matter when it gets there, only that you mailed it on time. Save your usps receipt showing when it was mailed. Never send this to anyone. If anyone needs proof, send a copy, not the original.

jhoney004

Reaction score
When should i expect to hear back from them if at all? I know it got there and was signed for wednesday morning.

I also need to send them the books we got when we purchased last week correct? Will They call and ask me to send those items?

my wife is worried we did something wrong and now they won't let us out of the contract.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
When should i expect to hear back from them if at all? I know it got there and was signed for wednesday morning.

I also need to send them the books we got when we purchased last week correct? Will They call and ask me to send those items?

my wife is worried we did something wrong and now they won't let us out of the contract.

Dont worry, Hilton does not play tricks with recission, you will get refunded quickly now it has been received. Dont worry about the books, they will contact you if they want them back, which I doubt.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
When should i expect to hear back from them if at all?

Given my experience and what others have posted here, you should receive confirmation of your cancellation (and refund) anywhere from 2-4 weeks after you send in the rescission. And I'll reiterate SmithOp's statement: HGVC is a pretty straight shooter, and will process your rescission without issue.

Kurt

Jdes656

Reaction score
Thank you all!

I was literally ready to sign for a HGVC 5k point package totaling $12k when I read this thread while they were processing my approval and backed out right then and there. Saved me money, time, and hassel. Wish I would have read this earlier so I could have saved more of my afternoon instead of debating for 3 hours, but thank you again! Time to do more research and see if this or another time share is right for me, at the right price ;)

Busheriff

Reaction score
I wasted my day in Orlando, FL for almost a day and signed the HGVC for a bad deal and just realized that I made a big mistake. I realized that this is not for me and also overpriced. I bought it 7 days ago in Florida and live in Texas and ready to rescind immediately. I have seen the contract shows rescission period for Florida is 10 calendar days and for Texas is 6 days. I had assumed this applies to the location of the "property" you purchase and not based on which state you reside. This means that I see have 2 more days to send my rescission letter if I send it tomorrow.

Could someone help interpret what the language in the contract means? I am really desperate to rescind my contract and can't wait to get rid of it and get my 1.5K deposit back.

Busheriff

Busheriff

Reaction score
Dear All,

Just to add more information to the above, there is an addendum showing for Texas purchasers with some information in it, including rescission period, which says 6 days for Texas. Does it mean it applies for purchasers who reside in Texas or does it refer to purchasing timeshare located in Texas ?

Other document says it is governed by the laws of state of Florida. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have just sent my rescission letter on the 8th day, so I hope it is still within rescission period.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Dear All,

Just to add more information to the above, there is an addendum showing for Texas purchasers with some information in it, including rescission period, which says 6 days for Texas. Does it mean it applies for purchasers who reside in Texas or does it refer to purchasing timeshare located in Texas ?

Other document says it is governed by the laws of state of Florida. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have just sent my rescission letter on the 8th day, so I hope it is still within rescission period.

If you signed the contract in Florida then Florida law applies which means 10 calendar days to rescind. Follow the rescission instructions exactly. It only matters the date you send the rescission, not date received. Send certified so you have s receipt of date sent.

Not sure if the law requirements include providing rescission laws for both the signing state and residence. If not then it is pretty low to include the six day rescission period as well. I wonder how many look at it on day 7 and think they were too late to rescind.

Busheriff

Reaction score
Thank you!

Just wanted to make sure that the law does NOT apply to residency. Appendix A-1 says Texas purchaser, and I don't understand what it really means. I assume it applies to "property" located in Texas. I agree that it does not make sense if residency is applicable since buyers can be from many states and countries. they are not supposed to be bound by their residency.

I just sent my rescission letter as exactly instructed via certified email with return receipt. Let's see what they have to say. Fingers crossed.