• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent Stay at WKV

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
My wife and I just returned from WKV. It was our first time at the resort, and except for the weather, we had a really nice stay. It seems strange to have to complain about 7 days of sunny weather, but the temperature was in the high 90's every day, reaching as high as 99 on a couple of days, and that is just a bit too warm to do much of anything.

We had booked the full two bedroom lockoff for the week, as we had planned to have another couple stay with us. However, our friends had to cancel at the last minute - the husband developed a blood clot in his leg that caused severe swelling. He had to be hospitalized, so that kind of ended their vacation plans. Since we already had the rooms booked, we just kept both sides.

When we arrived, we had a quick check-in - all was ready for our arrival. We got to the rooms. We were on the first floor in building 5, with a view out onto the golf course. Both rooms were well appointed, but there did appear to be some signs of age in certain areas. The wood veneer on the end tables in the living room were splitting, the carpet in the living room appeared a bit dingy as did the fabric on the sofa.

It was late in the afternoon when we arrived, so we unpacked our stuff, went to a local grocery store (Safeway's was less than a mile from the resort), and returned to the room to stock the fridge for the week.

We popped the top off a cold one (Pepsi One for me and Diet Coke for my wife) and retired to the patio. The patio was reasonably spacious, but the seat cushions were not exactly cushiony. The cushions on both of the chairs and the bench were pretty thin and didn't provide much comfort. We turned in fairly early and enojyed the Westin Heavenly Comfort bed.

The next morning, we had a light breakfast in the room, then headed to the pool for some sun and to catch up on our reading. The pool was not crowded so we were able to find a spot that provided some sun and some shade so we could adjust the heat level as needed. Pool side service was not available until around 11 am, so we had a few hours when we had to fend for ourselves if we wanted a beverage. We quickly found that the resort had only one restaurant and one supply store, both were a little lacking. For a better selection of food we had to go to the golf course (a couple of blocks away) or the Kierland hotel (within a mile). Neither of those options were exactly convenient, as we were in full pool attire. I made a quick trip back to the room to retrieve a cold beverage for both of us and we returned to our reading.

By noon, the heat was really setting in and we decided we had enough and headed back to the room for a change of attire. We then headed out for a day of shopping.

The rest of the week was pretty much the same - pool early in the day, back to the room for lunch, then off for shopping and running around town. We did have our mid-week cleaning after which, engineering stopped by as the house keeper had reported a chipped tile. The engineer located the chipped tile (it took quite a bit of looking as the chip we pretty small) and said that the tile would be replaced, but they would wait until after we had checked out.

We did stop by the Sheraton Desert Oasis and the one of the Marriott time share resorts to compare to WKV. Both my wife and I agreed that WKV was nicer than either SDO or the Marriott resort. We based our opinion solely on the grounds and the layout of the buildings.

Overall, we were very satisfied with our rooms at WKV, with the grounds, and the overall feeling of quality. We felt the resort could have a better selection of places to eat. Even though there are nice restaurants at the Kierland Hotel, that is too far away to be really convenient.

We are now counting down to Maui - 4 months to go!

BradC

Reaction score
Even though there are nice restaurants at the Kierland Hotel, that is too far away to be really convenient.
I'm assuming you didn't know about the shuttle between the villas and the Kierland hotel (and the Commons, too). They have golf carts that will take you to either from the villas.

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
We did know about the shuttles. Comparing that to WKORV and WKORVN where you can just walk between the two properties to enjoy the restaurants and supply store, having to take a shuttle is not quite as convenient, especially when you have to stand and wait in 99 degree heat.