• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent Sold Ebay listing for Grande Vista

Danlop88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus for an even year contract now one is likely to be paying extra on fees. If one got this years week and paid this years fees and next you'd be paying for the full fee for a reduced function week. If one did not get this years week you'd be paying for half of this years fees in Jan since MVC charges those half the year of the week and half the next year. I think the idea situation is buying an EOY week during the end of the year one gets the week not paying the fees due coming up or early in teh following year after fees have been paid. That way you don't pay the extra half years fees AND have a chance to get it in the system and get a great week to trade with full lead time to deposit. Obviously it comes down to the overall costs of purchase price, closing and the fees so one has to look at it globally.
It doesn't hurt to ask and confirm on an EOY contract on Ebay when the first year of maintenance fee is due. I recently purchased a MGV EVEN EOY with a high bid, I only placed a 1k+ bid because it was confirmed the seller would pay the 2025 bill as well.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to ask and confirm on an EOY contract on Ebay when the first year of maintenance fee is due. I recently purchased a MGV EVEN EOY with a high bid, I only placed a 1k+ bid because it was confirmed the seller would pay the 2025 bill as well.
That's actually the neutral situation but since most would end up paying the 2025 fees as an additional, you're better off than most. But that assumes they come through, we've seen several instances lately where the week was gone but the seller still on the hook for the dues though in some of those instances the seller did rectify the situation.

Danlop88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am lucky everything seems to be in order. Received an email from the closing agent that they are sending a payment of 995.25 and if the 2025 Maintenace fee is higher send them the invoice and they will send the additional payment.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am lucky everything seems to be in order. Received an email from the closing agent that they are sending a payment of 995.25 and if the 2025 Maintenace fee is higher send them the invoice and they will send the additional payment.
Great, well done and congratulations.