• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent Offer

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Deal/No Deal

1. 65,000 pt incentive
2. 75,000 pt explorer package
3. $20900 Key West or amelia 2 bedroom Lower season
4. Requal Hawaii unit

Goal: have use of starpoints

also could substitue others like 2 bedroom lockoff lower season 25,900 75,000 incentive plus 75,000 explorer etc.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No Deal - It's not logical (IMNSHO) to buy a timeshare primarily for Starpoints. When you look at your upfront cost plus your yearly MF's the numbers don't work out - especially when you are talking about converting an expensive TS like WKORVN to Starpoints. :eek:

If you want Starpoints, get a Starwood AMEX and charge everything on it - those Starpoints will only cost you $50 a year.

Last edited:

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is your goal to get to 5* Elite?

If not, I am not really sure its worth the starpoint conversion of Hawaii.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why bother to requalify Hawaii... I will never convert Hawaii to Starpoints... What is your goal?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great deal if you want to be 5* AND you can requal your Hawaii unit with a purchase that is less than $40,000! I'd also vote for the 2BR LO option. AND try to have them find you one of the older, mandatory parts of SVV (they have a few for sale still)...

Just to get SPs --> BAD deal! Don't do it. Waaaay too much money for very little SPs.

Katherine

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
If you want a quick chunk o' Starpoints, whip out that Amex and buy a property on ebay from someone who takes credit cards. Or stay in a bunch of Alofts this fall. Or go back to school shopping.....

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want a quick chunk o' Starpoints, whip out that Amex and buy a property on ebay from someone who takes credit cards. Or stay in a bunch of Alofts this fall. Or go back to school shopping.....

I agree! I have 300,000+ points and started with 0 in January. I bought my Starwood purchases on my AmEx, along with some travels in Starwood hotels, lots of bonus points for opening the account, some MFs payments, all groceries, phone bills.... It comes on quickly.

Plus I put ALL my business spending on a Starwood Am Ex too. It adds up!

Katherine

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deal/No Deal

Goal: have use of starpoints

Goal: Use incentive starpoints for Europe trip. Use the Unit for Timeshare stays after that and move toward 5*

and yes you can requal Hawaii with $20,000 apparently if on site at US location.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Goal: Use incentive starpoints for Europe trip. Use the Unit for Timeshare stays after that and move toward 5*

and yes you can requal Hawaii with $20,000 apparently if on site at US location.

If you are going for 5* Elite, then its sounds like a good deal. Especially to have the ability to requalify a Maui week!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Since mandatory resort StarOptions can now be combined, the only compelling reason to requalify them is to achieve 5* status, IMO. If that's your goal, then I'd say it's as good a deal as you're going to get.

Unfortunately you won't be Platinum yet if you plan to travel to Europe in the near future. That's a shame.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can delay the decision via exploer package $1500 for 4 nights at orlando or myrtle beach plus 30,000 starpoints after taking "update presentation". If requal converts to 75,000 starpoints immediately.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going for 5* Elite, then its sounds like a good deal. Especially to have the ability to requalify a Maui week!

Yup. Agree. The rules are changing quickly. I have been told (along with many others here on TUG) that you can't requal Hawaii with $20k purchase no matter what. I think if you have a sales person willing to do it, I would go for it! My guess is some "official" statement will come out soon that will prevent the requals at this level otherwise and you'll be out of luck.

Katherine

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can delay the decision via exploer package $1500 for 4 nights at orlando or myrtle beach plus 30,000 starpoints after taking "update presentation". If requal converts to 75,000 starpoints immediately.
I won't delay the decision... If you can do it now, do it... Rule changes.
--

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Here is one for you, today at WMH they are selling Desert Willow for 2010-

All are 2br LO
Plat season- EY- 38.9K
Gold 27.9K (1/2 for EOY for either)

So you buy 2 EOY for the same year you get 2 sets of incentives:

1 EOY Gold 13.9 K 160,000 point incentive
buy for 1393 80,000 points x 2

Double the buy incetives if you buy two same year EOY's Gold (same for platinum-
Total= 160,000 incentive points 2 EOY totaling 27.9
320,000 points to buy for $5600
or 480,000 points, 33.5K and two eoy weeks same year (considered seperate transactions-I may have missed if they doubled the 160000).
Platinum add 10K to above

Points for you...

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
They're throwing points around at WMH just as much as at Harborside! Wow.