• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Really Enjoying Bonnet Creek Resort

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
The more I stay at Bonnet Creek, the more I enjoy this place. The staff are super nice and bend over backwards to be helpful. We are in the main building, third floor, with a lazy river pool view. All I requested was a lower floor, any building. Love it.

There is plenty to do for the grand kids. They are only going to one park this trip. Each pool area is a treat and something new for them to do. There are numerous activities. Disney Springs is close, too.

I had thought about downsizing a Wyndham contract this year to save on dues, but after this trip I want to keep it. I consider this resort on par to our Disney Vacation Club Saratoga ownership stays for a whole lot less upfront cost.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
My daughter and family (four total) and son and his family (six total) have 2BR Presidential and 3BR Presidential units at Bonnet Creek starting April 1. One lives in Kentucky, the other in Virginia but it turns out both school districts have Spring Break the same week.

i have always thought Bonnet Creek was a special place, especially for families with children in their mid-teens or younger.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We are going in August. Most of our stay will be Daytona Beach (we are beach people - I haven't been to Disney since 2007 - last time a kid performed in Epcot, didn't expect to come back until grandkids, and so here we come with the grands)! I tried to talk my daughter into a park day, a Bonnet Creek day, a park day - but she wants her day of rest when she gets home :) We love Bonnet Creek, it really is run top notch, beautiful landscaping, feels safe. Enjoy your time there!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We've only visited one time, on an owner rental (those days are gone). We'd like to go back, so I keep eying the Wyndham contracts on Ebay...

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
BC is what made me buy Wyndham resale. It's roughly 1h15m from my house so it's super convenient as a home away from home with kids. I like Reunion a lot too, I just hate renting 3 bedrooms because I'm cheap. I always just stay in the 1 bedroom units and bring a blow up matress for the kid so I don't have to lose mess with the pullout bed every day.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
We've only visited one time, on an owner rental (those days are gone). We'd like to go back, so I keep eying the Wyndham contracts on Ebay...
In your situation, it makes sense for you to own the minimum amount to cover the program fee (around 300k) because you use Getaway II inventory every year. As long as you don't get to the point where you own more than you use, you're good.

I can see why you don't own Hilton or DVC with your habits, but Wyndham honestly seems like a great fit for you. They have 1 bedroom units at locations that you like to visit that only offer 2 bedroom units. You also don't have to book an entire week like you have to when you trade in II. I almost always book exclusively Sun-Fri to save on costs. For example, you can stay at Royal Vista in south FL in the fall for as little as $75/night Sun-Fri.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
In your situation, it makes sense for you to own the minimum amount to cover the program fee (around 300k) because you use Getaway II inventory every year. As long as you don't get to the point where you own more than you use, you're good.

I can see why you don't own Hilton or DVC with your habits, but Wyndham honestly seems like a great fit for you. They have 1 bedroom units at locations that you like to visit that only offer 2 bedroom units. You also don't have to book an entire week like you have to when you trade in II. I almost always book exclusively Sun-Fri to save on costs. For example, you can stay at Royal Vista in south FL in the fall for as little as $75/night Sun-Fri.
We would probably be looking to be able to reserve at least four 1BR stays at 6 nights each, usually Sun-Sat. That way we can save at least one expensive weekend night but still not impact remote work. This would give us weekend days for travel. I have looked at the charts some and 300K seems like it could do that as long as we weren't booking the premium resorts like Clearwater (been there).

lotus921v

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham South Shore, Wyndham Bali Hai, Wyndham Shearwater, Worldmark, Regal Vistas at Massanutten, Marriott Grand Chateau
We would probably be looking to be able to reserve at least four 1BR stays at 6 nights each, usually Sun-Sat. That way we can save at least one expensive weekend night but still not impact remote work. This would give us weekend days for travel. I have looked at the charts some and 300K seems like it could do that as long as we weren't booking the premium resorts like Clearwater (been there).

Be honest. Is Clearwater worth the points?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Sounds like a good plan. You can always give the deed back if it doesn't work out. The 1 bedroom presidential units at Bonnet creek in the fall are a huge bargain relative to other systems. They were just updated. Luvs to Travel just made a video on their room. The renovation is complete so you have a 100% chance of getting a room that looks like this:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I think the 1 bedroom PR rooms are. The retail value of a 1 bedroom on the hotel side is 2k/night. I think the Clearwater point chart makes more sense than the PCB one. The surrounding area is relatively safe. I go there all the time when I visit my mom because it's an hour away from me and 15 mins from my mom's. When I go to Ocean Walk, I can't leave the resort area because I have a small child (girl).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No, that is why I was saying we probably wouldn't be visiting there. As we have also been there on an owner rental (prior to guest restrictions).

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
No, that is why I was saying we probably wouldn't be visiting there. As we have also been there on an owner rental (prior to guest restrictions).
I don't think the deluxe rooms are worth the price either, but the Presidential ones are the nicest in the entire system. I've only stayed there 3 times so far.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
bonnet creek still one of my favorite rentals (due to cost/availability)...plus orlando is an easy drive!

dad actually visits wyndham clearwater multiple times a year, its become his favorite resort! (easy drive from the villages also)

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Cypress Palms has been my favorite go to for the parks. It almost always discounts at the 2 month mark. Check these prices out for the basic 1 bedroom suite unit in the first few weeks of summer (still has a stove, oven and washer/dryer)

1680354240440.png

1680354276057.png

1680354332604.png

For me, that's $33/night in MF and I'm 100% resale.