• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Realistic timeframe on buying resale?

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I like to think of it as more of an "excited" than "antsy".

And I'm not even aware if the ROFR has been submitted. We were informed that the seller accepted our offer and the agent from Redweek took some basic information from us..... beyond that we've heard nothing.

Based on our Redweek transaction, it sounds like you haven't got to the contract step yet. For our purchase ROFR was submitted after the contract was executed by all parties and the deposit sent to the closing company.

CourtShorr

Reaction score
Based on our Redweek transaction, it sounds like you haven't got to the contract step yet. For our purchase ROFR was submitted after the contract was executed by all parties and the deposit sent to the closing company.
Yeah. I'm not sure why we don't have an actual contract yet. Hopefully soon.

I just hope the seller isn't having second thoughts.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Yeah. I'm not sure why we don't have an actual contract yet. Hopefully soon.

I just hope the seller isn't having second thoughts.

You should follow-up with the Redweek agent.

CourtShorr

Reaction score
You should follow-up with the Redweek agent.
I talked to our Redweek agent. Our contract is being written up by the "contract department " And should be to us in 3-5 business days. They were waiting on the seller's information, so there was a delay.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I talked to our Redweek agent. Our contract is being written up by the "contract department " And should be to us in 3-5 business days. They were waiting on the seller's information, so there was a delay.

Waiting on the Seller to submit information delayed all three of our recent (last two years) resale purchases at one point or another. In each case, we turned around our Buyer's documents in less than 24 hours, but the Sellers were often much slower. Back in 2014 when we were in the position as a Seller, we were motivated to get the documents turned around ASAP because that meant we got paid sooner, so I've always been mystified why the Sellers in our purchase transactions were always the slow link in the chain.

The 3-5 days sounds about right as ours last March took about 4 days after offer acceptance to get the contract from the contract dept. In that case, the Seller's info was quickly provided by the Seller, but in that transaction it was the closing docs that took the Seller forever to complete.

Last edited:

CourtShorr

Reaction score
Waiting on the Seller to submit information delayed all three of our recent (last two years) resale purchases at one point or another. In each case, we turned around our Buyer's documents in less than 24 hours, but the Sellers were often much slower. Back in 2014 when we were in the position as a Seller, we were motivated to get the documents turned around ASAP because that meant we got paid sooner, so I've always been mystified why the Sellers in our purchase transactions were always the slow link in the chain.

The 3-5 days sounds about right as ours last March took about 4 days after offer acceptance to get the contract from the contract dept. In that case, the Seller's info was quickly provided by the Seller, but in that transaction it was the closing docs that took the Seller forever to complete.

I was a little baffled by the slow turn around by the Seller too. We were told by the Redweek Agent that this seller dropped their price significantly so that they could get it sold ASAP. I am *hoping* to have the contract back tomorrow or early Monday so that we can get it finished quickly on our end and get it back to the Seller. Hopefully, if we just keep our side of things short we can keep things moving along.

If everything takes as long as the "offer to contract" portion.... it is going to be longer than 8-12 weeks for sure. o_O

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Our timeline:
9/14/2020 - won ebay auction
9/15/2020 - signed contract
9/21/2020 - ROFR sent to Marriott
9/23/2020 - Marriott waives ROFR
9/25/2020 - Deed recorded and sent to Marriott
10/7/2020 - Welcome email and owner number received from Marriott
10/8/2020 - Access to MVC online account established

Last edited:

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
Our timeline:
Wow, never imagined that Marriott could be this fast. The closing agent might have the deed presigned by the seller. Congratulations!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Wow, never imagined that Marriott could be this fast. The closing agent might have the deed presigned by the seller. Congratulations!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Vistana has been equally as fast. Could be less transactions happening and that department is flying through them?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

I was quite pleased that it happened so quickly.

Vistana has been equally as fast. Could be less transactions happening and that department is flying through them?

When I was dealing with Vistana a few years ago buying and selling a few SBP and SDO units, they would always have the transfer processed within a couple of days of me emailing them the deed and contract. Has that been slower since the Marriott buyout?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I was quite pleased that it happened so quickly.

When I was dealing with Vistana a few years ago buying and selling a few SBP and SDO units, they would always have the transfer processed within a couple of days of me emailing them the deed and contract. Has that been slower since the Marriott buyout?
Was up to around 6 weeks After deed recording around a year ago for two of my transactions.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Our timeline:
10/8/2020 - Access to MVC online account established
Wow, my experience is the opposite (Grande Ocean)
Bought on Redweek, but directly through broker on June 11, signed contract immediately.
ROFR took a while, deed transfer occurred Sept 23.
Still waiting for Marriott to open an account for me(new owner). I even called yesterday to check. They said they had paperwork, but it could take 30 days