• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Re-trade a AC?

Antny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can "re-trade" an AC? I unfortunately jumped the gun and booked an AC without the Ms's approval :eek:

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you are within 24 hrs, I think you can cancel. Otherwise I believe you are looking at non refundable and no retrades.

Antny

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I'm screwed! :mad: lol
Oh well, I learned my lesson.

Thanks!

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Don't know if you are willing to do it, but if you are willing to pay another fee they might be willing to accommodate. I know, the thought of that stinks, but if you can get good use out of it the money already spent is lost anyway. Sometimes they extend themselves if you ask nicely; sometimes they'll bend the rules if it means collecting another fee. And sometimes they'll compromise. It never pays to ask, and ask nicely- sometimes you get someone sympathetic.

jcr

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much was the fee? I was thinking of using it this time. Mine usually expire.

Editing to say - found the answer on another thread. $249.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
How much was the fee? I was thinking of using it this time. Mine usually expire.

If you log into your Acct. and go through the motions of making an exchange, it will show you the fee.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Different AC's have different fees. Some are a flat $199 plus tax if applicable to the area. Some are based on the size that you exchange into. Others have other fees.

To find out your, you really need to click through until you get to the point where you add a CC. It will also give you an idea of what you can really pull.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Don't know if you are willing to do it, but if you are willing to pay another fee they might be willing to accommodate. I know, the thought of that stinks, but if you can get good use out of it the money already spent is lost anyway. Sometimes they extend themselves if you ask nicely; sometimes they'll bend the rules if it means collecting another fee. And sometimes they'll compromise. It never pays to ask, and ask nicely- sometimes you get someone sympathetic.

One time I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make the trip and I asked if I can get a replacement AC if I cancel the booking. I made it clear that I wasn't looking for a refund of the fee I already paid I just wanted another opportunity to book something else in the future using the AC and was willing to pay the AC fee again. The agent told me it can be done provided you cancel before the check-in date.

I ended up going on the trip so I didn't call back to take them on the offer but it seems that is doable.

Antny

TUG Member
Reaction score

Editing to say - found the answer on another thread. $249.

It was $319 for the 2br at SHW

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
One time I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make the trip and I asked if I can get a replacement AC if I cancel the booking. I made it clear that I wasn't looking for a refund of the fee I already paid I just wanted another opportunity to book something else in the future using the AC and was willing to pay the AC fee again. The agent told me it can be done provided you cancel before the check-in date.

I ended up going on the trip so I didn't call back to take them on the offer but it seems that is doable.

I recently called to change an AC I had book several hours before online to a different date.
The agent saw what I wanted and changed it, requesting I pay the $219 fee again. Because I was within 24 hours, I reminded them and they changed it without a fee.

So yes, you can change it but need to pay the fee again.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a week booked in Aruba starting tomorrow using an AC that we had given to a friend. Due to a family emergency found out today she can't go. I called II , explained the situation and offered to pay another exchange fee (after reading this thread). I was told I can rebook the week but I have to do it by tonight since the original exchange is starting tomorrow. So needed to get in touch with my husband in a hurry and make a plan. Called II back and got the week re-exchanged for $301. For some reason the fee of $269 that we paid originially went up by $32. Didn't ask why. Worked well for us that we got it re-exchanged, especially this late.

Last edited: