• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

?? RE JetBlue & sales

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Jet Blue is new to my local airport and will be starting service to NYC the end of next month. :) :) Now if I can just get them to fly to Tampa or Orlando I am all set.

Do they run sales like other airlines? Any chance of a sale about the time they start up service? I am plannning on booking with them for mid June trip and am wondering if I should hold off to see if I can catch a sale? But if they don't usually discount, then I might as well go ahead and book now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
They constantly run sales! Sign up for a True Blue number ... their FF program is not very good (miles expire every two years or something), but worth it just to get the emails. (You might be able to get the emails another way, but I know mine are tied to my True Blue account.)

If history is any indication, there is likely to be a nice sale when they first start selling tickets.

You can also find their sale prices by clicking on "deals" from the home page. Here's a link to today's:

http://www.jetblue.com/specialoffers/superfly2.asp

From NY, the standard sale price is generally:

$69 each way to Florida
$79 each way to the Bahamas and Puerto Rico
$99 - $119 each way to California and Las Vegas

Sometimes less!

They have one of the best cancellation policies in the industry. The TVs are great. I love that airline! (Do you think I should ask for compensation for being such an advocate? :))

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
wow--I have to fly to San Diego from NYC at the end of June, and the best I see on JetBlue is $194 one way and $149 the other. Wish that $119 extended beyond May!! Do I take a chance and wait and see if they offer something as it gets closer??

Teddie2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coral Reef Hilton Head, Indian Wells Condoshare
I searched high and low for a good price on NY to SanDiego for March and Jet Blue was not only the best price but they were the only one with good times and direct service. I understand they have more leg room than the other airlines and they are going to start selling Dunkin Doughnuts coffee! What could be better. Our tickets to SD from NY came to 226 with tax round trip.

ctreelmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Teddie2 said:
I searched high and low for a good price on NY to SanDiego for March and Jet Blue was not only the best price but they were the only one with good times and direct service. I understand they have more leg room than the other airlines and they are going to start selling Dunkin Doughnuts coffee! What could be better. Our tickets to SD from NY came to 226 with tax round trip.

Wow! How far out did you book?? We flew JetBlue to Orlando in 2004 and they were fabulous.We need to travel right around (although not on) July 4th, so I'm wondering if prices will be high.

Teddie2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually, I checked and it was more like 277 with tax and I only booked it a few weeks ago but the jet blue rep told me today that the closer you get to the date of departure the prices go up because that same fare for me today would be about 350 so I am happy. I am sure you can get good last min deals but I am too anxious to wait too long so if I see something that looks good within a reasonable time frame I grab it.

Teddie2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just looked at flights on Jet blue and American Air for June 24 -July 1 as I was not sure of your exact dates and it seems that AA has better prices (cheapest 309 RT depending upon the times you go) Jet Blue was much more closer to 370 RT but it is direct -- I think you may just need to do some comparison shopping but that is high season as the kids are out of school. The one thing with Jet Blue I was told that if you buy at a higher price and they then drop the price or have a sale, they will give you a credit -- now I think she said toward a future flight. Some of the other airlines I think actually give you money back so you might want to check policies while you are at it. Good luck -- this stuff is time consuming and its hard to make a decision when you think you might be able to do better! TUGGERS are a big help though.

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip about joining TrueBlue. I had looked at it and there is no way we fly enough to ever collect. But will sign up anyway. Also thanks for the link to the sale page. Mine runs through May 24th. So maybe I'll wait a little longer to see if it gets extended.

Am really happy to have them come to town. Everything I read says quality and I figure the new planes have got to be safer. And it is a direct flight, and worth it even if a couple more dollars. They are flying into NYC which is great for me, now if I they would juat add Tampa or Orland to the route, I'd be a real happy camper. Haven'y heard anything but good news about them.

Thanks,

madherb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong with the Jet Blue online res system. I put in flight dates and maybe get one-way but am told something like sorry can't offer flight on other date try again. I can't believe they are sold out for flights 90+days out. It's like a game. Pick a date and they say "go fish".