• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI yearly fee for resale members

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
In the recent "owner updates" presentation, an agent told us that RCI charges $109 yearly fee for membership. As a Wyndham owner through resale market, I never see this RCI fee in the past 5 years of ownership. Is she telling the truth?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Club Wyndham owner (of any stripe) an RCI account is included as part of your program fee. So, as long as you have points (not an unconverted week) you are covered.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the recent "owner updates" presentation, an agent told us that RCI charges $109 yearly fee for membership. As a Wyndham owner through resale market, I never see this RCI fee in the past 5 years of ownership. Is she telling the truth?

RCI membership is included in your Wyndham maintenance fees. You have it whether you want it or not.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
1st problem you were listening to the sales rep. 2nd problem (see problem #1) and repeat.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have two different RCI account numbers: the one associated with my Wyndham ownership which cost me nothing and the other for the resorts I own at that are in the RCI exchange system. They are two different types of accounts.

The fee she is speaking of is for people who own at resorts in the RCI system not Wyndham owners. It is the fee to keep your week or points at the resort you own at in the RCI exchange system if you wish to go to any other resort or even your own resort at any other time than your deeded week. If you never intended to do anything else but use your week at your resort it wouldn't be necessary to pay the yearly fee to stay in the RCI exchange system.

If you pay for more than one year the fee is reduced and the current prices are $124 for one year, $229 if you renew for two years and $321 for renewing for three years. If it goes up you won't have to pay the higher rate until the next time you renew. I own at two resorts in the RCI system: Discovery Beach Resort in Cocoa Beach, Florida and Grandview Las Vegas. You only pay the one annual fee no matter how many resorts you own at in the RCI exchange system and of course your maintenance fees which you pay directly to your resort.

Last edited:

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have two different RCI account numbers: the one associated with my Wyndham ownership which cost me nothing and the other for the resorts I own at that are in the RCI exchange system. They are two different types of accounts.

The fee she is speaking of is for people who own at resorts in the RCI system not Wyndham owners. It is the fee to keep your week or points at the resort you own at in the RCI exchange system if you wish to go to any other resort or even your own resort at any other time than your deeded week. If you never intended to do anything else but use your week at your resort it wouldn't be necessary to pay the yearly fee to stay in the RCI exchange system.

If you pay for more than one year the fee is reduced and the best deal when I renewed the last time was to pay for 4 years at once bringing it down to $79 a year. It has probably gone up since then but I won't have to pay the higher rate until the next time I renew. I own at two resorts in the RCI system: Discovery Beach Resort in Cocoa Beach, Florida and Grandview Las Vegas. You only pay the one annual fee no matter how many resorts you own at in the RCI exchange system and of course your maintenance fees which you pay directly to your resort.

We too had two RCI accounts for a few years. However, eventually we had our deposits transferred to the Wyndham account and consolidated. We then cancelled the extra account we up until then paid for. This worked fine and saved us the additional yearly fee. The Wyndham account is not free. The cost is in your maintenance fee.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
We too had two RCI accounts for a few years. However, eventually we had our deposits transferred to the Wyndham account and consolidated. We then cancelled the extra account we up until then paid for. This worked fine and saved us the additional yearly fee. The Wyndham account is not free. The cost is in your maintenance fee.

same here. My wyndham account is included with wyndham MFs. My other weeks (non-wyndham timeshare) RCI account costs money should I want to exchange vs. use my specified weeks at my owned resort (pueblo bonito sunset beach for example).

Likely the sales rep was telling a 1/2 truth - you do not need to pay for RCI account with wyndham like other (non-wyndham) timeshares in order to be able to exchange.

RCI is, IMHO, a last resort for points. With exchange fees cost per night jumps but sometimes its better to get something with points vs. nothing. When we purchased we had 500k of points that we could not use that came with contract so we dumped into RCI and exchanged for next years vacations. We did not pay MFs for those points so it was "free". Going forward I'll use or credit pool our unused points.

Hope this helps.