• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Weeks Exchange?

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who owns Wyndham. She has never really used RCI, but now finds herself with several weeks deposited in RCI. They were deposited last year before the change.

Anyway, she would like to go to St. Martin or Aruba in April 2013. Should she just place an ongoing request, search on her own, or both? When should she expect to find deposits for April 2013, at one year out?:confused:

I am trying to help her, but all of my experience is with II.

Thank you!!

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Spring break in the Carribean

Unless she deposited large units of points, I don't hold out much hope for her finding anything during that prime demand period with Wyndham deposits, maybe during hurricane season.

The value of the old deposit program was grabbing bulk banked Wyndham resorts with low value traders.

That isn't what she is attempting here, sorry.

Greg

I have a friend who owns Wyndham. She has never really used RCI, but now finds herself with several weeks deposited in RCI. They were deposited last year before the change.

Anyway, she would like to go to St. Martin or Aruba in April 2013. Should she just place an ongoing request, search on her own, or both? When should she expect to find deposits for April 2013, at one year out?:confused:

I am trying to help her, but all of my experience is with II.

Thank you!!

jjluhman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Easter is March 31st in 2013, so I was hoping that April would really be more of shoulder season. Don't most people want to travel the week before Easter because that is when schools are closed? I know that is the case in Maryland, but maybe not elsewhere.

So, you think it is a long shot that she will get anything even with an ongoing request?

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Easter & Spring Break vary a lot depending on the region. But that whole timeframe in Aruba is very high demand.

Not sure how much trading power (TPU) she has in her RCI bank, nor how much TPU it would require to get to Aruba, but she should sign onto RCI and check out the going rate, or TPU cost for April Aruba weeks. That would give her a ballpark idea of how much she would need, if she should get so lucky as to snag a resort.

Also, it's good to keep in mind you can combine TPUs by paying RCI a fee (think it's $99). So if Aruba in April 2013 costs 50 and you have two deposits of 25 each, you could combine them and then put in an ongoing search this far ahead.

I'd also search online every now & then.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I deposited a fixed week (2010-wk13 at Flagstaff) and it was converted to a TPU value for the purpose of exchanging. I can also combine it which I will be doing next month as it expires 3/31/12. Also the combining fee has gone up from $99 to $109.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
fixed weeks can be combined, the old wynhdam generic weeks (ie before the change) cannot be combined. the generics are low value traders. I would not expect an April Aruba week - ST martin maybe at some of the lower value resorts. I would open on-going searches and maybe she will get lucky, otherwise be prepared for inside of 45 days for unit to pop up at a value you can get.

Right now there is nothing for April - June studios are asking 23, so April would be over 30 (Jan - March are in the 40s)

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
fixed weeks can be combined, the old wynhdam generic weeks (ie before the change) cannot be combined. the generics are low value traders.

Heck my fixed week was a lousy TPE value, just 13, probably because I deposited it somewhat late (I think with 6-8 mos lead time prior to the travel date).