• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Search for Wiliamsburg

Fitzriley

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Wyndham
I just deposited 70k Fairfield/Wyndham points to RCI looking for a specific week (Aug 15, 2009) in Williamsburg, Va. There is nothing available but they tell me they update every 7 seconds and I have 48 hours to continue calling to look. I see weeks on Extra Vacations, but got the line that these are weeks that RCI has purchased.

Am I wasting my time? I am trying to get this week specifically to give to my sister and her family and they are not able to be flexible on the week.

Thanks for any advice. Can anyone else do a search for that week and see if there is availability?

I also posted this in the Wyndham forum but thought this might be a better spot.

Joan

Bill4728

Reaction score
In II there are dozens of weeks sitting there for exchange for that time period. I know that doesn't help since you're looking for a RCI week.

If there are that many II weeks, It is hard for me to understand that you can't find a RCI week.

I keep trying by putting an ongoing search for the week you want.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just deposited 70k Fairfield/Wyndham points to RCI looking for a specific week (Aug 15, 2009) in Williamsburg, Va. There is nothing available but they tell me they update every 7 seconds and I have 48 hours to continue calling to look. I see weeks on Extra Vacations, but got the line that these are weeks that RCI has purchased.

Am I wasting my time? I am trying to get this week specifically to give to my sister and her family and they are not able to be flexible on the week.

Thanks for any advice. Can anyone else do a search for that week and see if there is availability?

I also posted this in the Wyndham forum but thought this might be a better spot.

Joan

Since when has RCI started paying anyone for weeks. They get them free from us!

redkayak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looked using one of my South Africa weeks. These have no problem pulling Williamsburg weeks. No inventory showing.

J

JoeMid

Since when has RCI started paying anyone for weeks. They get them free from us!
RCI supposedly buys some inventroy from resorts/developers, they also get a lot given to them by resorts/developers for sales leads. They do not usually make these available for exchange.
Just looked using one of my South Africa weeks. These have no problem pulling Williamsburg weeks. No inventory showing.
In II there are dozens of weeks sitting there for exchange for that time period. I know that doesn't help since you're looking for a RCI week. If there are that many II weeks, It is hard for me to understand that you can't find a RCI week. I keep trying by putting an ongoing search for the week you want.
I just deposited 70k Fairfield/Wyndham points to RCI looking for a specific week (Aug 15, 2009) in Williamsburg, Va. There is nothing available but they tell me they update every 7 seconds and I have 48 hours to continue calling to look. I see weeks on Extra Vacations, but got the line that these are weeks that RCI has purchased. Am I wasting my time? I am trying to get this week specifically to give to my sister and her family and they are not able to be flexible on the week. Thanks for any advice. Can anyone else do a search for that week and see if there is availability? I also posted this in the Wyndham forum but thought this might be a better spot. Joan
The lack of summer 2009 Williamsburg has been noted for awhile here. You may need a minimum number of posts or a small donation to see this part of TS4Ms.