• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI question

brettskyg

Reaction score
So I am now new to HGVC.

Can somone explain how the RCI portal works? I see that RCi assigns point values for stays at its proeprties. If I have 5,000 HGVC points, how does that convert to RCI, or at what ratio?

Can I book a stay worth 2000 points, transfer that to RCI, rather than an entire 5,000 point value of HGVC. A full explanation would be greatly appreciated!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When you use RCI, you have to book through the portal. The points will always be the same. 3400 for a one bedroom, 4800 for a 2 bedroom, etc.

If you want to book something for 2000 points and deposit that into an exchange company, you'll have to do that with one of the smaller independent companies. You cannot do that in RCI. Keep in mind that if you decide to do that, you still have to pay a reservation fee and guest fee to Hilton and then an exchange fee to the exchange company.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
So I am now new to HGVC.

Can somone explain how the RCI portal works? I see that RCi assigns point values for stays at its proeprties. If I have 5,000 HGVC points, how does that convert to RCI, or at what ratio?

Can I book a stay worth 2000 points, transfer that to RCI, rather than an entire 5,000 point value of HGVC. A full explanation would be greatly appreciated!

Brettskyg,

Have you logged into the HGVC portal and then entered into RCI? Take a look at some resorts you would like to visit and see what the point values are for that time period. You'll notice that you can stretch your HGVC points further in RCI. For example, depending on the time of year, a 1BR in RCI will be 2,400pts or 3,400pts. Same with a 2BR, sometimes it's 3,400pts or 4,800pts. Just depends on the time of year.

HGVC resorts are top notch but there are some really good resorts in RCI and you'll be able to book a larger unit with fewer points.

BTW, you don't have to deposit all your points into RCI. You can deposit any amount you desire or need.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
HGVC doesn't give you a personal RCI account, rather access is thru HGVC's account.
Hence, you use the portal to book stays and points are deducted after you confirm.
There's no need to deposit points to RCI -- HGVC deducts the points from your account,
The only reason for an advance deposit is to keep them from expiring at year end.

BTW, the online portal is a relatively recent innovation.
in olden days, you had to call HGVC to ask if an RCI resort was available.
Kind'a like how it is now with affiliates.

Last edited:

Uscjusto

Reaction score
Are RCI stays always weeklong?

I like the flexibility of HGVC stays where you book do 3-5 night stays.
Weeklong vacations are so difficult to take bc of full time job commitments and kids.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Are RCI stays always weeklong?

I like the flexibility of HGVC stays where you book do 3-5 night stays.

Weeklong vacations are so difficult to take bc of full time job commitments and kids.

When you are searching in RCI there is a filter on the left side for "Length of Stay", if you change it to 1-6 you can book short stays with HGVC points. It defaults to 7 days so its easy to miss the short stay inventory.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Where do I find the RCI portal on the HGVC website? I'm newer than new on that site - since Friday.

mtm65

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do I find the RCI portal on the HGVC website? I'm newer than new on that site - since Friday.

On the left side of the main page click on "My Club"
A drop down menu will appear below "My Club", choose "RCI affiliated resorts"
Another drop down menu will appear, click on "Reservations"
Click on the RCI Globe
Agree to terms and conditions
You are in :)

If you are newer than new, it may take up to two weeks for the RCI portal to be available to you.

Have fun!!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

The RCI portal shows up a couple weeks after you first get your account. If you don't see it today, check again every day until it's there.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
So I am now new to HGVC.

Yes similar to HGVC stays, you use a portion of your points for RCI stays.
HGVC members have access to RCI Weeks for weekly stays and RCI Points for nightly stays. Here's the point chart (see below).

Additional info can be found on the TUG advice Page under "RCI Reservations" - http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/hilton-grand-vacation-club-timeshare-information.html#Reservations

Number of ClubPoints Required for RCI exchanges
13043211824_86f95c533a_b.jpg

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
But the RCI fee to book a weeklong stay or a few night stay is the same right?

No, the rate is different.

The following is from the Club Fee Schedule - http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/resources/fee-schedule/

RCI WEEKLY RESERVATIONS - on a per reservation basis
- Exchange Fee for reservations made online $209
- Exchange Fee for reservations made via phone $219

RCI NIGHTLY RESERVATIONS**
All RCI nightly transactions confirmed via the call center incur a $10 per transaction higher fee when made via phone
1 Night $39
2 Nights $59
3 Nights $79
4 Nights $99
5 Nights $139
6 Nights $159
7 or more $209
** An additional Housekeeping Fee may be charged by the Resort.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Those fees are killer!!

Thats the good news / bad news thing about HGVC, its a great flexible system but it comes at a price - fees for everything.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk