• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points values for Grandview Las Vegas just revised

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
My take would be that the adjustments, at least in part, are to reflect the existence of a week 53. They may shift back once we're back to not having a week 53 and holidays start lining up where they normally are without one.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I am quite concerned as I own week 47 in a 4 bed at Regal Vistas as Massanutten - However, when I logged into my RCI account, it says that my 2021 Point allocation is still 151,000 RCI Points? Now I wonder, is this because they said it was worth that much in 2019/2020 and they have to offer it for 2021 and we will see changes in 2022? Not sure what is happening with week 47 but hopefully I wont be stuck with a dud.... Also, RCI says in my account available for Next Use Year which I assume is 2022, will also be 151,000 ?? My anniversary month is also July but it says Use year Oct 1 2020 - Set 30, 2021. Not sure how RCI is rolling this out...

View attachment 38242
Now that your 2022 UY began 10/1/21 what does your available for future use year (2023) say? Is it still 151K?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

JMNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Do the points always adjust values automatically, or is there a possible variation? I saw an ad for a property that had a weird number of points assigned with it, and under the new Grandview guidelines, the unit should have more than what the ad says. Unfortunately, the broker who is representing the owner refuses to do any research to verify if the points were updated to a higher value. It's a free unit, so I am half tempted to take a chance on it, but would hate to get burned without knowing for sure.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do the points always adjust values automatically, or is there a possible variation? I saw an ad for a property that had a weird number of points assigned with it, and under the new Grandview guidelines, the unit should have more than what the ad says. Unfortunately, the broker who is representing the owner refuses to do any research to verify if the points were updated to a higher value. It's a free unit, so I am half tempted to take a chance on it, but would hate to get burned without knowing for sure.
The points automatically adjust. When they transfer, the owner gets a kind of pleasant surprise. Of course it also means that exchanges using those points 'cost' more too.

Lance77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with Week 37 or 51 confirmed the new 122,000 point value? There is some confusion over in the Grandview Owners Facebook group I am trying to get cleared up. Also in the process of purchasing a week 37, so want to make sure I am getting what I was expecting. Thanks!

gymnastmomfee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway
The Grandview at Las Vegas
RCI just put out an updated Points list dated June 25, 2021 that now has weeks 37-45, 51, and 52 as 1 BR 61,000 point weeks.
Previously, weeks 37 and 51 were 49,000 point weeks and are now 61,000 point weeks.
Previously, week 50 was a 30,500 point week, it is now a 49,000 point week
Previously, week 2 was a 30,500 point week and is now a 40,000 point week.

1 Bedroom weeks
Weeks 1, 48, 49, 53 30,500 points
Weeks 2-7, 46, 47 40,000 points
Weeks 8-36, 50 49,000 points
Weeks 37-45, 51, 52 61,000 points

I'm in the process of purchasing a week 38, 61,000 point week and was concerned about the point value dropping if/when RCI modified them. I feel better now, seeing that week 37 is now the low end of the 61,000 point weeks.

Wesley

I'm a newer owner so forgive me if this a dumb question but how often do they update the point values? And can this point inflation lead us to getting screwed in the long run?

MVincentia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC, HGVC
I am quite concerned as I own week 47 in a 4 bed at Regal Vistas as Massanutten - However, when I logged into my RCI account, it says that my 2021 Point allocation is still 151,000 RCI Points? Now I wonder, is this because they said it was worth that much in 2019/2020 and they have to offer it for 2021 and we will see changes in 2022? Not sure what is happening with week 47 but hopefully I wont be stuck with a dud.... Also, RCI says in my account available for Next Use Year which I assume is 2022, will also be 151,000 ?? My anniversary month is also July but it says Use year Oct 1 2020 - Set 30, 2021. Not sure how RCI is rolling this out...

View attachment 38242

View attachment 38242
Hi, I know this is an older thread but I thought I would check in to see if you found out what happened to your week 47. I’m looking to purchase a week 47 at Woodstone but I’m worried about the value If I deposit that week in RCI.
RCI now gives a range for Woodstone, I’m guessing that’s because it will depend on whether or not someone checks in Friday, Saturday or Sunday…? E.g. Check in on Sundays vs Fridays sometimes makes the week NOT fall over Thanksgiving. Just a guess on the range..

Sn0wbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with Week 37 or 51 confirmed the new 122,000 point value? There is some confusion over in the Grandview Owners Facebook group I am trying to get cleared up. Also in the process of purchasing a week 37, so want to make sure I am getting what I was expecting. Thanks!
Was your transfer complete? Did you get the new point value? I'm interested to know too.

Lance77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was your transfer complete? Did you get the new point value? I'm interested to know too.
Transfer completed, but it's a biennial unit, so I won't get points until next year. Will see what happens though.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
You would be ahead to call RCI if the question is about how many points will be received.

Can you find out by calling the resort?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Check on RCI chat option

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
TPU and Points would make sense to go up or down based on resort and unit demand (and the resort ratings), I assume.

I know TPU can vary from year to year, so I know there is variance. I think it should be easier to figure out demand for resorts/units based on Booking and Ongoing Search Requests. I think what may be harder is more obsure locations, with not much demand via RCI and not many deposits via RCI either.

Fixed points only really apply to a closed system, like Hilton, Wyndham, Worldmark, etc. Here the points never change with demand. If something goes up in points something must balance and go down. So because this creates a win lose situation I would assume that most point systems avoid it and keep the points as is. There work around is to create a new resort with higher points levels for a similiar sized unit than the older resort has.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
The purchase documents stated the week number and “current” RCI Points for me. I don’t have a contract yet to know what that states. Sounds like good news for anyone who has a Grandview week 37 unit. What was a 49,000/98,000 week is now a 61,000/122,000 week.

I guess, if nothing else, the should know when their next points are deposited. (I don’t have an RCI Points account yet, so I’m guessing how it works).
@westerman The purchase documents? Because the reseller is saying they don't know how many RCI points the week equates to. As if that's not their business...

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Transfer completed, but it's a biennial unit, so I won't get points until next year. Will see what happens though.
Don't biennial points units supply 1/2 the use-year points every year ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Don't biennial points units supply 1/2 the use-year points every year ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​
Many VV properties seem to do triennials as 1/3 each year but biennials are the total amount on your use year.

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious as to the outcome of this - I have a week 51 - I am still getting the old 98k point value.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vegas is becoming a big draw for NFL Football, NBA Basketball, MLB Baseball and Women WNBA Basketball IMHO.
That means more money coming into the city for sport gambling and tourist.

gggllm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious as to the outcome of this - I have a week 51 - I am still getting the old 98k point value.
2023 is still old value. Not sure about 2024, but just try to book, it seems 2025 is still same value.