• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points, Still messed up?

wptamo

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was browsing thru my "Home Group" resorts, looking at Prime summer & off seasons ie Sept-Oct in Caribbean as well as HHI.. and well, there just doesn't seem to be much availability?!?!?! HHI at these Home Groups were always available prime time summer in the old system, and now, availability is spotty.

I also got an email from RCI advising to check out the new points web system!?!? so it is fixed!?!?

This leaves me a bit concerned that my once plentiful options are slowly dwindling away????

thanks goodness I have some weeks I do not have to use an exchange company for....

But I will have to book thru RCI in the near future, think I am going to call their agents first....

Sorry to be harping at this points issue.. but it does have me concerned. :ponder:

Anyone have any insight???

the resorts I was looking thru were Port O call, Island Links by Coral Resorts & the Divi's in Aruba.

thanks,

Paul

wptamo

Reaction score
Hiya,
found something interesting, may explain why availability appeared lacking...
I was using a filter for 7 nights...

I took off the filter and redid the search on the same resort and bingo!!!!

So it looks like that "7" day filter is messing it up!!!

whew!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Paul

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hiya,
found something interesting, may explain why availability appeared lacking...
I was using a filter for 7 nights...

I took off the filter and redid the search on the same resort and bingo!!!!

So it looks like that "7" day filter is messing it up!!!

whew!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Paul
That is odd! Aren't all Home Group reservations for 7 nights? So, maybe this is a bug in the "7 day filter"?