• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Points Expiration

Letnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called DVC today to extend my RCI points that are expiring on December 31. The rep I spoke with told that last year DVC sent out a notice that effective December 7, 2021 DVC would no longer extend expiring RCI points. Does anyone remember receiving that notice?

I called RCI to see if they could help, but they just transferred me back to DVC.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called DVC today to extend my RCI points that are expiring on December 31. The rep I spoke with told that last year DVC sent out a notice that effective December 7, 2021 DVC would no longer extend expiring RCI points. Does anyone remember receiving that notice?

I called RCI to see if they could help, but they just transferred me back to DVC.
Without having kept it, I would assume it was buried somewhere in the fine print of the announcement that DVC was leaving RCI and switching back to II.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the applicable info from the 12/6/21 email. It doesn't specifically address not extending but it would make sense and be reasonable that they wouldn't extend points that would expire in this situation. Given the wording of the email one might try to make the case that they were automatically extending them through 2023 though. I searched through DVC for other info and the only other info I could find said that for all outbound exchanges through RCI, travel had to be completed the end of 2023.
In the meantime, you can continue to book nightly and weekly exchanges in the traditional exchanges through our current program until Dec. 31, 2021. Additionally, any confirmed reservations or points that have been deposited to RCI will be honored through 2023. If you have confirmed exchanges with RCI, deposited points with RCI or made a booking with RCI using cash, you can always review your activity on the Member website.

Letnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info from the email. Is there an RCI rep on TUG that I could email to find out if all the transferred points are good through 2023?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thanks for the info from the email. Is there an RCI rep on TUG that I could email to find out if all the transferred points are good through 2023?
There is no TUG rci rep. Did you deposit 2020, 2021 or 2022 points into rci? If your points say they expire dec 2022 and it won't let you book for 2023 now, I would assume your points expire (and have to be used by) the end of the month.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd either call and speak to a DVC supervisor or email them. This is a DVC issue, not really an RCI one. Make your case that the emails and other communications said the points were good through travel of 2023. Maybe they'll let you book something before the end of 2022 where you travel in 2023.

Letnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s a good idea. Could you please attach or paste the text from the whole email for me to refer to when I call them?

Thanks.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s a good idea. Could you please attach or paste the text from the whole email for me to refer to when I call them?

Thanks.
I'll PM you.