• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

rci points and rci weeks account, need help understanding.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
SO I have a RCI weeks account and I am looking at a property in the same resort I own in,, presidential villa at plantation resort, that is a points contract.

the points according to estoppel letter is 88500. How does that work if you split the units 2 bd and hotel side for points. ??

How do you go about combining points and week and is it the best way to use the weeks and or points.

Also i know there is a points chart somewhere but have not be able to find it.

another question is how best to use points, as whole weeks or parts of weeks and is 88500 a good amount of points to have??

the plan is to split one of the units, both 3 bed lock out, and rent out both 2 and hotel side during summer and keep the points for personal usage. WE normally do 7 day vacations but I am sorta planning ahead for when we go full time RV and having points to use for 2-4 or so day stays around the US would be nice as well.

I know this is a lot of questions.. :) :whoopie:

EDIT

just now see on the estoppel letter the "**Properties DO NOT retain their points status after transfer!!
so this is a no issue.. sorry...

EDIT, EDIT So in looking at this I though I might call the resort and see if I could keep this in points or how much that might cost??

so please do elaborate on this issue for me to see if it might be worth a cost to keep or convert this to points if not too expensive. :)

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carl,
I have RCI Points and RCI Weeks ownerships ... and both at the same (my) resort and lockoff units, too.

Your 2 weeks are separate ... you would have RCI points ONLY for the RCI (Converted to) Points ownership.

Your regular weeks will continue to TRADE in RCI using TPUs (nicknamed "Points Lite") ... which never combine with RCI Points (88,500 pts)

There is a chart somewheres/maybe ... but when you get your RCI Points account open ... you select which to reserve at the 13 thru 11 months out booking windows. HOME WEEK, HOME RESORT, HOME GROUP ... then at 10 months, everything else. Reserving whichever section of YOUR HOME WEEK is free; HOME RESORT used to be $40 per interval (large side, small side, or BOTH) ... but whatever you book, you can NOT split or combine back together later. HOME GROUP is the full RCI exchange fee for points. Different RCI Points values are used for seasons and unit sizes ... can be borrowed for fee FROM future years ... what and be careful ... it is easy to WANT and then, the tank runs empty.

YOU must ACT and reserve your HOME WEEK ... while free, it is NOT yours til you act and reserve its usage.

Fairly easy ... just PLAY on the RCI Points website once you are "live" on your account.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I wonder if that is new- points not transferring with resale. I think Cindy (RickandCindy) has bought a few resale points there and I know others that have as well.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
I was going to send message to resort to see about that as well.. Maybe "Ricindy" will chime in and give some insight..

I wonder if that is new- points not transferring with resale. I think Cindy (RickandCindy) has bought a few resale points there and I know others that have as well.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will I contacted Plantation Resort and they are like get with RCI.. they handle the points stuff..

I was suprized at that response as I would have thought PR, since they only sell points contracts now, would have more info on this. maybe being a resale it different.

I was told the points are with the owner not the unit. SO my question was if I got with old owner, who it appears is local to me at the same address listed on deed info I got from GroupWise, who appears to be a Post Card Company, If I could inquire to them about transferring the account to me to retain the points listed at 88500..

any input on this from you guys.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We own five annual weeks and paid to have four of them converted to RCI Points about two years ago.

The resort won't let you keep the points in a resale , unfortunately. I think it's good you saw the estoppel. I was unable to get an estoppel with my last purchase, and I still have the one week in weeks. But honestly, I think $3,000 to convert 4 weeks to points was a pretty good deal, and it was a TUG member who is (was?) managing those for conversions. I don't think anyone on TUG knows he is a sales manager at Presidential Villas. The prime weeks 24-32 convert to something like 105K points, and for a $792 MF, that is the best I have been able to find.

Sometimes a resort that costs a huge amount of TPU's is really reasonable in RCI Points, so I like the idea of using points. Maui resorts are a good example of that. Resorts like Maui Lea are much cheaper in points.