• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Platinum Benefits

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
What are the benefits of an RCI Platinum points account?
Have they changed recently?
Do they include waiving or reducing the $239 exchange fee?
Does anyone know if points can be transferred from a Wyndham RCI Portal account (where points are shown in Wyndham values such as 126,000 for a 1 bedroom) into an RCI points account? What would be the ratio for this exchange? Have there been recent changes that would enable this?

Bob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I can't answer the Wyndham points part but I can say that platinum Gets you 10% off exchange and guest cert fees. And "priority access" to exchanges.
The Welk portal shows the points as you're describing for Wyndham and I've been told before that the portal setup is the same.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jbiza

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if points can be transferred from a Wyndham RCI Portal account (where points are shown in Wyndham values such as 126,000 for a 1 bedroom) into an RCI points account? What would be the ratio for this exchange? Have there been recent changes that would enable this?

Bob

benefits-platinum-bkgrd.png

RCI Platinum® members have access to new benefits and exclusive pricing!
Receive exclusive member pricing, special cruise offers, complimentary unit upgrades, more flexibility and a higher level of service.
Explore your RCI Platinum® Benefits

hotel
NEW: Exclusive Hotel Pricing
Plan your vacation getaway anytime and receive exclusive member pricing on thousands of high-demand hotels around the world. RCI Platinum® members save even more than standard RCI® subscribing members on hotel bookings.
cruise
NEW: Special Cruise Offers
Voyage out to sea and shop cruises. Quarterly specials on cruise itineraries are now exclusive to RCI Platinum® members. Look for deals that will surprise and delight.
car
NEW: Exclusive Car Rental Savings
Book a car rental with the Best Price Guarantee. RCI Platinum® members save even more than standard RCI® subscribing members on car rentals.
Activities & Attractions
NEW: Exclusive Savings on Activities and Attractions
Get the most out of your vacation by receiving the Best Price Guarantee on destination activities, attractions, show tickets and more. RCI Platinum® members save even more than standard RCI® subscribing members on activities and attractions.
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-RentalDiscounts.png

10% Discount on Extra Vacations getaways and Last Call Vacations
Enjoy an additional 10% off all your Extra VacationsSM getaways and Last CallSM Vacations — even those already on sale.*

RCI Platinum Points Extension
Get more time to enjoy your Points! As an RCI Platinum member, who is also an RCI Points® member, you are eligible to extend your unused Points for Two Use Years, as compared to standard RCI members who can extend their Points for only One Use Year, when they pay the same applicable fee. While extended Points expire at the end of a Third Use Year for standard RCI members, RCI Platinum members will enjoy a Fourth Use Year with no additional fee.

Free Ongoing Search
Can’t find the vacation you’re looking for right now? We’ll keep a lookout for you 24/7 and you won’t be charged your exchange fee until we find a match!
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-FreeOnHold.png

Free On-Hold Vacations
Not quite ready to book? We’ll hold your 7-night RCI Weeks® vacation for you without a fee while you iron out those last minute details.
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-GuestCertDiscount.png

25% discount on Guest Certificates
Receive a 25% discount on the purchase of Guest Certificates which you can share with family or friends! An RCI® Guest Certificate lets them experience a vacation at an RCI affiliated resort booked through your RCI account.

Complimentary Unit Upgrades & Changes
Here’s how it works: when you book your confirmed Exchange vacation, you’ll have the opportunity to receive Complimentary Unit Upgrades and Resort Changes. Just let us know you’re interested in a unit upgrade or resort change. Within two weeks of check-in, if one of the resorts you’ve specified, or a bigger unit at your confirmed resort becomes available, we’ll change your reservation and provide you with the details.

Priority Access
Get exclusive access to exchange vacations at select hotels and resorts before they’re made available to standard RCI® subscribing members for exchange.
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-PlatinumPreviews.png

Platinum Previews
RCI Platinum members have first dibs on Extra VacationsSM getaways sales! With RCI Platinum membership, see (and book) Extra Vacations getaways sales one day earlier than standard RCI members.
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-PriorityAnswer.png

Priority Answer
RCI Platinum members who call 1.866.545.7205 get quicker access to our knowledgeable guides. Enjoy fast answers from the RCI Platinum experts who are waiting to help you with your vacation planning!
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-FreePointsTransfers.png

Free Points Transfers
Know an RCI Points member that could use additional Points? Lucky them! Now RCI Platinum members no longer pay a Points transfer fee, so transfer away!

The above are current RCI Platinum benefits. :cool:

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Thank you for the info so far. Looks like some of those benefits are suspended due to the 1/1/2020
benefits-platinum-bkgrd.png

RCI Platinum® members have access to new benefits and exclusive pricing!
Receive exclusive member pricing, special cruise offers, complimentary unit upgrades, more flexibility and a higher level of service.
Explore your RCI Platinum® Benefits

hotel
NEW: Exclusive Hotel Pricing
Plan your vacation getaway anytime and receive exclusive member pricing on thousands of high-demand hotels around the world. RCI Platinum® members save even more than standard RCI® subscribing members on hotel bookings.
cruise
NEW: Special Cruise Offers
Voyage out to sea and shop cruises. Quarterly specials on cruise itineraries are now exclusive to RCI Platinum® members. Look for deals that will surprise and delight.
car
NEW: Exclusive Car Rental Savings
Book a car rental with the Best Price Guarantee. RCI Platinum® members save even more than standard RCI® subscribing members on car rentals.
Activities & Attractions
NEW: Exclusive Savings on Activities and Attractions
Get the most out of your vacation by receiving the Best Price Guarantee on destination activities, attractions, show tickets and more. RCI Platinum® members save even more than standard RCI® subscribing members on activities and attractions.
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-RentalDiscounts.png

10% Discount on Extra Vacations getaways and Last Call Vacations
Enjoy an additional 10% off all your Extra VacationsSM getaways and Last CallSM Vacations — even those already on sale.*

RCI Platinum Points Extension
Get more time to enjoy your Points! As an RCI Platinum member, who is also an RCI Points® member, you are eligible to extend your unused Points for Two Use Years, as compared to standard RCI members who can extend their Points for only One Use Year, when they pay the same applicable fee. While extended Points expire at the end of a Third Use Year for standard RCI members, RCI Platinum members will enjoy a Fourth Use Year with no additional fee.

Free Ongoing Search
Can’t find the vacation you’re looking for right now? We’ll keep a lookout for you 24/7 and you won’t be charged your exchange fee until we find a match!
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-FreeOnHold.png

Free On-Hold Vacations
Not quite ready to book? We’ll hold your 7-night RCI Weeks® vacation for you without a fee while you iron out those last minute details.
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-GuestCertDiscount.png

25% discount on Guest Certificates
Receive a 25% discount on the purchase of Guest Certificates which you can share with family or friends! An RCI® Guest Certificate lets them experience a vacation at an RCI affiliated resort booked through your RCI account.

Complimentary Unit Upgrades & Changes
Here’s how it works: when you book your confirmed Exchange vacation, you’ll have the opportunity to receive Complimentary Unit Upgrades and Resort Changes. Just let us know you’re interested in a unit upgrade or resort change. Within two weeks of check-in, if one of the resorts you’ve specified, or a bigger unit at your confirmed resort becomes available, we’ll change your reservation and provide you with the details.

Priority Access
Get exclusive access to exchange vacations at select hotels and resorts before they’re made available to standard RCI® subscribing members for exchange.
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-PlatinumPreviews.png

Platinum Previews
RCI Platinum members have first dibs on Extra VacationsSM getaways sales! With RCI Platinum membership, see (and book) Extra Vacations getaways sales one day earlier than standard RCI members.
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-PriorityAnswer.png

Priority Answer
RCI Platinum members who call 1.866.545.7205 get quicker access to our knowledgeable guides. Enjoy fast answers from the RCI Platinum experts who are waiting to help you with your vacation planning!
Platinum-Benefits-Tile-FreePointsTransfers.png

Free Points Transfers
Know an RCI Points member that could use additional Points? Lucky them! Now RCI Platinum members no longer pay a Points transfer fee, so transfer away!

The above are current RCI Platinum benefits. :cool:

ion of ticketing.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The benefits listed in #4 are all still valid.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
How long can you keep a trip on hold?

If I was to put something on hold at any point today before midnight ET then the hold would expire tomorrow night at midnight ET. Same as when you confirm a reservation. You have until 11:59PM ET of the next day to cancel and get your exchange fee and all your points back.

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we know what resorts are in the Priority Access list? Crappy ones or would I actually get priority access to WDW and Hawaii properties?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The priority access resorts are a mixed bag. They typically include some of the higher end Vidanta resorts in Mexico (e.g., Grand Luxxe Spa 2 BR in Nuevo Vallarta). There are some Disney Saratoga Springs 1 BR weeks I've seen go through there and the occasional other Disney ones. Haven't seen much that sticks out for Hawaii ones.

jbiza

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do we know what resorts are in the Priority Access list? Crappy ones or would I actually get priority access to WDW and Hawaii properties?

I am not aware of a specific list of resorts for the Priority Access list. :shrug:

Also, I believe the benefits of having RCI Platinum are "iffy" at best. One has to do probably at least 1-2 transactions & receive RCI Platinum benefits from them for the fee for RCI Platinum to pay for itself. :ponder:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It's not a set list of resorts in Priority Access. The Vidanta ones are fairly consistently there as overflow of inventory from Registry. Not sure how the others get there.

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
The priority access resorts are a mixed bag. They typically include some of the higher end Vidanta resorts in Mexico (e.g., Grand Luxxe Spa 2 BR in Nuevo Vallarta). There are some Disney Saratoga Springs 1 BR weeks I've seen go through there and the occasional other Disney ones. Haven't seen much that sticks out for Hawaii ones.

Wonder if it has any impacts on OGS priorities, or if these PA ones also get snapped up by OGS and why Hawaii isnt seen much? I felt like last time I had platinum I miraculously matched at WDW with a short reservation to travel window, but that could have been sheer coincidence

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not aware of a specific list of resorts for the Priority Access list. :shrug:

Also, I believe the benefits of having RCI Platinum are "iffy" at best. One has to do probably at least 1-2 transactions & receive RCI Platinum benefits from them for the fee for RCI Platinum to pay for itself. :ponder:
I had it before, and I believe when I booked friend/family with guest certificate you received account credit back, and I happened to do 3-4 in a year so I paid me back that time. I am seriously considering doing it in hopes of bumping up my chances of getting a match next spring

jbiza

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had it before, and I believe when I booked friend/family with guest certificate you received account credit back, and I happened to do 3-4 in a year so I paid me back that time. I am seriously considering doing it in hopes of bumping up my chances of getting a match next spring

Yes. That's a good example of RCI Platinum paying for itself. :thumbup:

I have to re-up soon, so we'll see. :shrug:

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I'm RCI Platinum and we don't get any account credit when booking for a guest. We just get ten percent off the price of the guest certificate and also 10% off on getaways.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
How much does your guest cert cost?

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't answer the Wyndham points part but I can say that platinum Gets you 10% off exchange and guest cert fees. And "priority access" to exchanges.
The Welk portal shows the points as you're describing for Wyndham and I've been told before that the portal setup is the same.

And free ongoing searches.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Bob

Wyndham points deposited into the Wyndham RCI portal cannot be transferred to a different RCI points account or combined in any way. They can only be used through the Wyndham RCI portal. I believe they could be transferred from one Wyndham RCI portal account to another based on some previous posts I've seen here, but have no personal knowledge of that possibility. There isn't really a good ratio for the Wyndham RCI portal point values and the RCI points value for booking exchanges, which opens up some arbitrage possibilities vis-a-vis where you use your ownership. Additionally, there are some unit types that are only made available through the Wyndham RCI portal and not the RCI points side (e.g., Sirena del Mar 2 BR units).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much are guest certificates and is there a limit of how many you can purchases at one time or in a calendar year?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Guest cert is $69 and you only need one per unit booked.

dread2lee

Reaction score
anyone know how much more in hotel discounts you get under platinum. Looks like they recently changed the hotel discounts/ rci points rules. Max 2,000 points per night for pretty minimal savings around $15.00-$20 a night. thanks

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
And free ongoing searches.
Actually ongoing searches are free even without the Platinum membership.

IMO the only benefits are the priority access and 10% to guest certificates and extra vacations.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually ongoing searches are free even without the Platinum membership.

IMO the only benefits are the priority access and 10% to guest certificates and extra vacations.
Hi, I guess its changed. I thought you had to pay up front to do an ongoing search without Platinum.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I guess its changed. I thought you had to pay up front to do an ongoing search without Platinum.
its actually been like that for years. Normally you have to pay, but the systems allows for a work around so you dont need to.