• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI or II

AlbertaTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi
Another question from a Newbie. I've been looking at Universal Vacation Club Villa del Palmar and Villa del Palmar Flamingos which I understand is Villa Group. Now in the VP Vallarta I see some sale ads are trading with RCI and some with Interval. Can the same group (Villa Group) trade with both depending on the resort. Thanks :shrug:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, even a resort can affliate with both exchange groups. But here comes the tricky part. Some resort management will not allow you as owner to trade with both exchange company. They will dedicate which one (or both) you can trade with.

There usually has agreement between resort and the exchange company. Some may have exclusive right to forbid them to affliate with both. ANd some resort may believe it add some cost to just affliate with both companies, or does not have any idea they can affliate with both companies.

Not an owner of that resort group, so have no idea what kind of restrictions they do to their owner.

Jya-Ning

Bill4728

Reaction score
Most TS systems have choosen either RCI or II ( but not both). But there are a few ( maybe 20%) of TS systems which are dual affiliated and let you use both II & RCI. BUT just because some owners can use II (or RCI) doesn't mean all owners of that system can use both. As an example, my TS in Whistler BC, (Mountainside lodge), some owners are members of Shell Vacations and they can trade only in RCI. Other owners at the resort are not in Shell and they can trade in both in II & RCI (although most use II).

Just because the Villa group is listed as both a II & RCI resort doesn't make it dual affiliated. It may or may not be.

AlbertaTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I buy a timeshare a villa del palmar will the unit belong to a certain exchange or does it get assigned when I buy the unit.