• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Ongoing Searches - Major Changes??

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can no longer modify an ongoing search online. The only option is to cancel or take a peek, which just shows you the criteria of the search.

One used to be able to modify a search online and keep the original search or accept the modifications.

Is anyone else having these problems?

I have a "free" RCI Wyndham account, but the deposit is a non-Wyndham week that I am searching with.

Stan

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
This is from the RCI website:

Can I make changes to my ongoing search online?
Although ongoing searches cannot be updated online, once an ongoing RCI Weeks search is started, you now have the option to “Take a Peek” at all available units without altering your search in any way. To do this, please log into your account and click on the “My Account” tab, then click the “Vacation Plans” link and finally the “Ongoing Search” button. Once the applicable ongoing search is located, select the “Take a Peek” option. This takes you back to the search page. No changes will be made to your search unless you Hold or Confirm a unit and accept the “Please note that your Ongoing Search will be cancelled by confirming or placing this resort on hold.” box.

If you do not wish to hold or confirm a vacation week via the “Take a Peek” option, you may contact RCI to let us know what changes you would like to make to your ongoing search. If you have more than one search request currently active in your account, please indicate the relation number of the search you would like modified. You may contact RCI via e-mail at feedback@rci.com or via telephone at 800/338-7777.

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
With my wyndham deposit, that is tied to an on-going search, i can still search with it without using the "take a peak" button. I dunno...

dukebigtom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not like the change due to the fact that we can no longer alter the criteria for our ongoing search without calling. I liked the old RCI ongoing search process much better.

I haven't really seen much about the changes to the system that works better for me as a member.

BigTom

scotlass

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI website moving backwards

I have an ongoing exchange set up but when I first did it, I had called about the website not working correctly. While on the phone, I put in a request for an ongoing search, but the VC put in the wrong dates. I wanted to change the dates online, but there is no way to do that. I called RCI.com and was told that that ability has been taken away! The nuisance of that is that I had to call 3 times before I could get a VC who could put the correct dates in. No wonder the call centers are backed up! This is not moving forward, this is many steps back.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that there is a different price for booking via phone, be careful if you call to make a change and a match is immediately made. I assume then RCI will charge you the higher confirmation fee for using an agent.

I, too, am annoyed at the loss of the online feature to modify an ongoing search. I dislike calling RCI because the phone agent *usually* makes some error to my hold/confirm/modification request, which necessitates another call back to correct the problem. Grrr. Just let me do everything online!

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Search online

I search online for short dated resorts. It is very time consuming. It has to retrieve results separately for each one(location, check in date, sort by, etc.) you click on. Why can't you put it all in, then it can retrieve all at one time? This is certainly not an improvement from the prior way of searching.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "old" search form still exists---it's nominally used to initiate an ongoing search, but you can still use it to search "old-style". The one problem; it limits dates in finding resorts, but not in showing units, so you may need one more step.

cpnuser

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
"Old Search"

Where do you find the old search way on the RCI site? I just looked & couldn't find anything. Thanks.