• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI info on MS announement

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did my call this morning for Thanksgiving 09 reservations. Listening to the RCI stuff before being transfered.

We will have the option(god knows what the point totals will be) to trade into 16 "high-end" fractionals. Registry collection?

Just thought I would pass this along, supposedly the RCI info should be on the DVC member website any day now. If any one cares.:zzz:

First time making a reservation since the changes went in. No problem getting a GV at SSR for 11/20-11/27. :cheer: The boat anchor(sister) has decided to try Disney again. This will be me :wall: in 11 months. :hysterical:

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The registry collection is not a big deal, but I will be curious to see the collection of "approved" resorts that DVC will be allowed to attempt exchanges into.

Good luck with that anchor. I have been resisting on planning extended family Disney trips.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
The registry collection is not a big deal, but I will be curious to see the collection of "approved" resorts that DVC will be allowed to attempt exchanges into.

Good luck with that anchor. I have been resisting on planning extended family Disney trips.

I've stayed at one of the registry collection. Very,Very nice, so nice I almost coughed up the money, but couldn't figure out what to do with those darn mud weeks(which is what shows up in the Registry collection exchange).

I think I will have a pool on how many times the anchor changes her mind about going in this 11 month period. If you want in, go with a really high number. :hysterical:

I'm interested also in seeing what RCI "regular" resorts are okay for us DVC. ;) With my 2 weeks I got with my MI affiliated RCI purchase, I was pretty happy with what I was able to exchange for. Skiing Pres week at Boyne, MI and a 2br on the Big Island for July 2010. Better than a stick in the eye, for 2 weeks I got for free.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been calling DVC a lot lately (I have points to use up soon), and I am sooo sick of that RCI announcement! They make you listen to the whole thing before you can talk to Member Services about a reservation.

Didn't DVC say that more information about RCI will be available on December 22nd? That's tomorrow!

.....I'm interested also in seeing what RCI "regular" resorts are okay for us DVC. ;) With my 2 weeks I got with my MI affiliated RCI purchase, I was pretty happy with what I was able to exchange for. Skiing Pres week at Boyne, MI and a 2br on the Big Island for July 2010. Better than a stick in the eye, for 2 weeks I got for free.
Twinkstarr, I live in Michigan and would love to pick up some weeks in MI at a low cost! Wherever did you find free Michigan weeks? Michigan weeks are generally quite hard to find.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
The info is on DVC's site, now. Man, there is hardly anything for Maui. I still can't believe they didn't dual affiliate (laughter). I am so glad I own a Marriott in addition to my DVC points.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those Registry Destinations point requirements are ridiculous!!!!

The Caribbean destinations are really disappointing too.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
The info is on DVC's site, now. Man, there is hardly anything for Maui. I still can't believe they didn't dual affiliate (laughter). I am so glad I own a Marriott in addition to my DVC points.

I haven't found much in Maui in RCI period that I would want to stay at(with my RCI week). DVC has really edited that list.

The Shell Beachboy in Kauai is supposed to be really nice.

Like you I'm glad I have my Starwood week in II.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those Registry Destinations point requirements are ridiculous!!!!

The Caribbean destinations are really disappointing too.

If you want to ski in Park City or Beaver Creek/Vail not many options either.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
I can't even get the link to work when I click it.

It will be interesting to see what trades people get. I know, I'll never use it because we are always in the borrow mode but we might one day when we are older. But then, again maybe not...

jmatias

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting to see how we trade into DVC via RCI.

Jen

durrod

Reaction score
All the information is posted at the DVC member web site.

madouglas3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not see any point charts for a studio deposit, it appears DVC members will only be able to deposit points for a 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom unit.

I wonder how many DVC members will deposit 900 points for a 2 bedroom Registry Destination resort? Maintenance fees for 900 points will be over $4000.

Mary Ann