• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI GATEWAY RENTAL OFFER SCAM?

auntiepen

Reaction score
Hi,
I got a call from Show vacation rentals offers to rent RCI GATEWAY WEEKS. They said they need a lot of rentals for November in Orlando Shows. They said RCI are welcome these rental because they can get those renters to go to the presentation. All I have to do is activated the rental contract fee for $399/week. They offer $1800/week income. I know this sounds good to be true. I told them NO and they are very pushy liked sale reps when you attended timeshare presentation. Have anyone heard about them?

Shotulke

Reaction score
Hi,
I got a call from Show vacation rentals offers to rent RCI GATEWAY WEEKS. They said they need a lot of rentals for November in Orlando Shows. They said RCI are welcome these rental because they can get those renters to go to the presentation. All I have to do is activated the rental contract fee for $399/week. They offer $1800/week income. I know this sounds good to be true. I told them NO and they are very pushy liked sale reps when you attended timeshare presentation. Have anyone heard about them?
I'd say scam! Unfortunately my husband and I fell for the exact same sales pitch 2 years ago and never saw a dime. It was through international corporate events.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Definitely a scam. That is so unfortunate that people are still falling for it.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would RCI need YOU to be a middle man to get their extra weeks out?? Makes no sense at all. Most definitely a scam!!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Below is another thread that includes info on the scammer Show Vacation Rentals. You know they are a scammer because they cold call and LIE to you about the RCI Getaway Weeks. Since they start off with a lie everything else after that is going to be a lie too. Contrary to what they say, corporations simply do not rent timeshares for their employees. Another lie are all those events they show on their website that this scammer implies they are attending. The scammer does not waste their time and money attending these events. It is all another lie. The first event I looked at for Show Vacation Rentals listed all their exhibitors and the scammer wasn’t listed. All the scammer does is look up city events and copy/paste them to make it appear they are attending these events promoting timeshare rentals. This is all hogwash. Do you really think they are attending the American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week convention? Or how about Veela’s End of Summer Cookout? These are just two events they imply they are attending.

This scam is old and they are all similar. Even the $1800 they promise for rentals is consistent with many of the companies doing the same scam. Either the same scammer or they all use the same playbook.

auntiepen

Reaction score
Below is another thread that includes info on the scammer Show Vacation Rentals. You know they are a scammer because they cold call and LIE to you about the RCI Getaway Weeks. Since they start off with a lie everything else after that is going to be a lie too. Contrary to what they say, corporations simply do not rent timeshares for their employees. Another lie are all those events they show on their website that this scammer implies they are attending. The scammer does not waste their time and money attending these events. It is all another lie. The first event I looked at for Show Vacation Rentals listed all their exhibitors and the scammer wasn’t listed. All the scammer does is look up city events and copy/paste them to make it appear they are attending these events promoting timeshare rentals. This is all hogwash. Do you really think they are attending the American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week convention? Or how about Veela’s End of Summer Cookout? These are just two events they imply they are attending.

This scam is old and they are all similar. Even the $1800 they promise for rentals is consistent with many of the companies doing the same scam. Either the same scammer or they all use the same playbook.

Yes, I realized that I was talking to the scammers because after they kept sent me to walk to different parties and I insisted that I’m interested in spending more money. I’m trying to be polite. I thought it was the call from RCI (Wyndham). After said no , no they just hung up on me.

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Yes, I realized that I was talking to the scammers because after they kept sent me to walk to different parties and I insisted that I’m interested in spending more money. I’m trying to be polite. I thought it was the call from RCI (Wyndham). After said no , no they just hung up on me.

Congrats for recognizing this as a scam. My reply wasn’t intended to be directed to you alone. It was more of a generic post for the people who come looking on TUG for validation that the company is legit. Unfortunately, unlike you, there are people every day paying these scammers money and getting nothing in return. The Attorney General in each state really needs to crack down on this scam. It flies under the radar posing as a legit business but any quick investigation can reveal that they have no intentions of providing a service people are paying them for.

auntiepen

Reaction score
Yes I am sure there will be many people fall into believing these scammers. They are well trained and keep pushing until you agree with them. They sent me 2 emails with the Docsign attached to emails. They convinced me that it’s 100% guarantee and I just have to sign the documents. If I’m not think clearly and just thinking only about making money to pay my MF. I probably did it. Thank you for the links and advice.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I'd say scam! Unfortunately my husband and I fell for the exact same sales pitch 2 years ago and never saw a dime. It was through international corporate events.

Sorry you got scammed. International Corporate Events is the same scam model as Show Vacation Rentals. In fact, they may very well be related. Let me explain.

International Corporate Events started in 2019. They collected hundreds, or even thousands of dollars from their individual victims while providing no services. The BBB has 86 complaints and an F rating. They also say that the company is out of business as of 2021. So this company fleeced a lot of money from people only to go out of business. These scammers don’t just disappear, they reappear under a new name. That brings us to Show Vacation Rentals. They have the same lies and promises as International Corporate Events. They also use the same “$399 to activate your RCI weeks” lie. Show Vacations began business in 2021, the same year the other company went out of business. Coincidence? I say not.

Previous thread on International Corporate Events.

edited: with one of the BBB complaints the consumer stated that RCI confirmed to them that International Corporate Events was a scam. Supposedly, RCI also said that the company has access to resort availability and can see what weeks have no availability and that is what they use to provide bogus “offers” for a rental so they can say they are providing a service for the fee. Of course, the timeshare owner can’t book that time because it isn’t available thus no rental income. First time I have heard of this but it sounds exactly what a scammer would do.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I’m not think clearly and just thinking only about making money to pay my MF. I probably did it.

That's how these scammers operate. They give you this huge, tempting offer to get you all excited and thus, make you lose all sense of reason.

mustang

Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like the same call I received from "Business Corporation Rentals " They want $400 dollars up front per week in RCI Extra Vacations and promise $1600 per week to me. They told me I have 6 weeks available. $7200 in potential profit.
When it sounds to good to be true, it always is!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Sounds like the same call I received from "Business Corporation Rentals " They want $400 dollars up front per week in RCI Extra Vacations and promise $1600 per week to me. They told me I have 6 weeks available. $7200 in potential profit.
When it sounds to good to be true, it always is!

Probably the same scammer coming up with a new name. Their business name/website is eventually worthless because of all the lies and negative reviews. So they just start a new name. There is zero internet hits for this new name which means it was just created.

These scams will continue as long as people keep answering cold calls and believing everything that a stranger tells them on the phone.