• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Exchange for Anaheim, CA??

DouginSC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plantation Resort
Has anyone exchanged through RCI for Anaheim, CA?? Are there any 2 bed / 2 bath units in that area near Disneyland?? Any recommendations? TIA

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone exchanged through RCI for Anaheim, CA?? Are there any 2 bed / 2 bath units in that area near Disneyland?? Any recommendations? TIA
In RCI search for California / Southern California Inland and you will see Anaheim resorts

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We prefer Dolphin's Cove over Peacock Suites. Wyndham/WorldMark Anaheim is a tough one to get, but I sometimes see it. That would be my choice, even with the extra taxes they have to charge.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Note that (some of) the 2BRs at Dolphin's Cove have one bath. I am not sure whether or not RCI will distinguish between those that do and do not on the Club Wyndham side (or even if the CW units have 2 baths). The WorldMark units are listed in RCI as having 2 baths, but that one is deposited a lot less often.

The 3BRs have at least two baths, and I've exchanged into one of those, but it has been a long time now. I think Wyndham is less likely to deposit the larger units these days.

DouginSC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plantation Resort
We prefer Dolphin's Cove over Peacock Suites. Wyndham/WorldMark Anaheim is a tough one to get, but I sometimes see it. That would be my choice, even with the extra taxes they have to charge.
Any particular reason why you like Dolphin's Cove over Peacock Suites? Is it the location?

DouginSC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plantation Resort
Note that (some of) the 2BRs at Dolphin's Cove have one bath. I am not sure whether or not RCI will distinguish between those that do and do not on the Club Wyndham side (or even if the CW units have 2 baths). The WorldMark units are listed in RCI as having 2 baths, but that one is deposited a lot less often.

The 3BRs have at least two baths, and I've exchanged into one of those, but it has been a long time now. I think Wyndham is less likely to deposit the larger units these days.
Do you recall the amount of trading power it took for your exchange?

DouginSC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plantation Resort
No. But Anaheim is routinely on the high end.
Thanks! Yeah, the way RCI is setup now you can't see how much trading power any exchange takes unless you bank your week. Used to be able to see all of that without banking but now you can't. Don't really like that.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you register as a TUG Member, ($15), you will be able to see other posted Sightings, and others will search for you if you do not have a deposit. (I will proactively post some there for you in case you decide to join.)

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Any particular reason why you like Dolphin's Cove over Peacock Suites? Is it the location?
Peacock Suites has parking fees and possibly other fees, plus the kitchen is an under-counter refrigerator, a microwave, no dishwasher, and many of the units have no kitchen sinks. Dolphin's Cove has nicer units, great kitchens, no extra fees for exchangers, balconies and free mini-golf.

DouginSC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plantation Resort
Peacock Suites has parking fees and possibly other fees, plus the kitchen is an under-counter refrigerator, a microwave, no dishwasher, and many of the units have no kitchen sinks. Dolphin's Cove has nicer units, great kitchens, no extra fees for exchangers, balconies and free mini-golf.
Good to know and thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village parkway and links golf and raquet
wasnt peacock suites a conversion from an embassy suites?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wasnt peacock suites a conversion from an embassy suites?
I don't know. It's been Shell for at least 15 years, maybe longer.

I think Wyndham is doing the best they can with Peacock Suites. I am giving back all of my Shell points, as soon as some of my exchanges are in the past. I try and try to rent Peacock Suites, but it's getting tougher to rent them. I only ask $800 per week for the one bedrooms, so I don't get why I have such a difficult time renting them for that price. Every hotel near Disneyland is quite a bit more.

Soccer Canada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Points
Hyatt Vacation Club (Pending Transfer)
There's nothing wrong with Peacock Suites except for the Laundromat on the same block and the Valet Parking fee. $800 is a steal ($114/night including Tax). You can't even get the Motel 6 in the area for that price on the weekends. We try to help our friends rent a few fixed week Dolphins Cove and it's the same issue as of late, can hardly rent for the price of Maintenance, the last one they ended up dumping into exchange. I think maybe folks get too tied up in the "packages" and maybe are not really looking at what the actual expense is with a "Good Neighbor" motel. As a former Disneyland AP holder and a Current WDW AP Holder Id say the average guest doesn't do enough research these days, with things becoming so difficult at the parks I think they are happy to just hand Disney a Blank cheque for a package (Which still doesn't get you on the rides any quicker).